SAU Community

Compliance Plate! Help!

If its older than 15 years you have no problem .

If not and its already in australia you will not get it complied . If still in japan there is a place in sydney that have plates for 32's now .As you are in melbourne i couldnt tell you .

Evian can you please be specific what you're after?

A compliance plate is usually riveted to the engine bay of the car and not something you need a 'holder' for. Any car coming into Australia needs one of sorts - under SEVS you get a plate, whilst under the 15 year rule a plate with the local VIN is affixed to the car.

As wrxhoon said, there is one place in Sydney that now does R32 GTST SEVS compliance work. You'd need to contact them for a price.

You have to get the car complied at a (RAWS) Registered Automotive Workshop, and they will apply for the compliance plate for you.. Cost for a 33gts-t was $3950 for me. Might be same price for 32gts-t..

Right! Anyone can private message me the details for the Sydney Compliance plate R32 ...

I'm still looking in importing one. So I don't have the car with me. Also I thought the 15 Year thing is over isn't it ? You can no longer bring 15 year old cars in without compliance..? Well please correct me if I got that wrong.

You can still bring 15y.o. cars in but it can finish anytime now .

If you want to bring a 32 give me a p.m. and can put you in touch with someone in japan to buy the car for you so you dont have to pay an extra $1000 to saomeone in australia as well .

Actually Evian if you read the thread it shows the full story. The Govt has proposed a change to the 15 year rule, but it has not been officially 'gazetted' yet (published). Until it is, the current rule continues to apply and you are still able to import cars under the 15 year rule.

Ring up an importing company and ask them, im sure they all have their hands on the most up to date info. Try www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

AFAIK, the 15 year old rule is still going, and as long as you can show proof of purchase before the rule change, you can still import your car.

do u mean do something wif the date ?? lol !! heard about that but sounds risky if doesn't aprove in Canberra, then I'll have a car sitting in Japan for nothing :rofl:

anyways thanks for all the details ! will check into it soon !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, still on topic, I am considering buying a late 89' model R32 GTS-T, its already here in the country. Can I still get 15 y.o compliance on the car? I know this costs ~$1200, is there anyone who knows a good place in Brisbane to do the job? Thanks very much for any help you can offer.