SAU Community

Dyno Day @ Speedworks 8/12/02

rob77

Originally posted by rob77

I didnt start this thread out to be "my car has more HP than everyone else" i just stated what figure the dynapak dyno read.

*sigh*...

Rob, we are not really saying this either. We would like cars to have more power. Makes it easier to kick Holdes and Fords. :P

But what we are saying is that we find it very strange for an engine of that calibre to pull that amount of horses with the mods that you have done.

(Is it me or is this deja vu with the mid 13 drag times?)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by IMACUL8

Even a properly tune FMIC is only going to give you max 10 - 12 hp gain on a dyno....

I know this from experience.... as does 25GTT.... and probably a few others.....

A properly tuned FMIC (FMIC + fuel control) should give 30+ hp. I'll confirm that, so will Barrie at Barries Dyno and Steve at SST.

Agreed... BUT i said FMIC only.....

What you really said:

Even a properly tune FMIC

I spotted the possible confusion from a mile away, so I defined "properly tuned" to mean setup in conjunction with fuel control.

I put fuel control in my car went from 181rwhp to 219rwhp.

Nice. Same sort of gain I got.

When i put FMIC later car went from 241rwhp to 252rwhp.

And if you had "properly tuned" the s-afc to suit, there should have been another 20+ hp hiding in there.

Originally posted by Gradenko

A properly tuned FMIC (FMIC + fuel control) should give 30+ hp. I'll confirm that, so will Barrie at Barries Dyno and Steve at SST.

Aahh dont for get boost is very relative as the standard intercooler is efficient at 7psi :) the more boost u run the less efficient the ic and more gains to be had when tuned with the bigger ic

You guys should be lucky i got 26hp from turbo upgrade , 2 psi jump and AFC tune! beat that :P

Heya guys,

Well doen Rob at the Horsepower Shootout 2002.

I beleive you took out one of the classes to take yourself home a neat little trophie. Thanks for the mention (Brodie not Brody ;-))

And yeah have a look at the write-up here below

http://home.iprimus.com.au/broffbut/perthhps.htm

Also if you go to the models section you can see the girls, the official All 4 Wheels Promotional Girls, which seems to be the talk of the whole perth car scene!!

cheers guys, well done rob,

Brodie

Originally posted by Brodsta

Also if you go to the models section you can see the girls, the official All 4 Wheels Promotional Girls, which seems to be the talk of the whole perth car scene!!

hey dude, when ya gonna finish the page with all the details on the girls ?

and also, what's the deal, are they gf's of the member's or somethin ??

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Originally posted by skyzerr33

kym

man u have a gf  u dirty perv

hey im with Strich9ine:) i luv a bit of a perv even though i have a gf. its natural. im just admiring gods beautiful creations. it;d be a crime to ignore them:D

haha, the models section is coming along...gradually. I got their profiles done up with some nice pics, im just waiting on a couple of things before i upload them. I was plannign having them up when i made that post, but..grr...long story.

and they are all taken.......by me.

Originally posted by DESTROY

Terminal speed is a better indicator for HP...

Only in the same way as a dyno mate (ie: under controlled conditions and with calibration).

Things like weight and diff ratio can have a very large bearing on terminal speed.

:)