SAU Community

Hi Flowed Turbos

They usually Mill out the compressor and exhaust housings and fit bigger wheels in them giving more volume to the turbo at the same pressure :eek:

yep bigger wheels means more lag although nothing scarey usually....u dont get nothin for nothin

As far as I understand (and this was covered as above). They usually put a front T04 housing, put the best bearings in it (NEVER LET PEOPLE BUT CHEAP BEARINGS IN.) tHEY WILL PLAY WITH THE OIL GALLERIES AND OUT INA STEEL WHEEL....LOTSA OF NEW FUN

Originally posted by PeakRPM

As far as I understand (and this was covered as above). They usually put a front T04 housing, put the best bearings in it (NEVER LET PEOPLE BUT CHEAP BEARINGS IN.) tHEY WILL PLAY WITH THE OIL GALLERIES AND OUT INA  STEEL WHEEL....LOTSA OF NEW FUN

If u use a T4 housing then its a hybrid turbo not a hiflow

hiflow uses the same houses with bigger wheels

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by KamikazeR33

extractors can help illiminate the lag a fair bit

yeah i guess they would, infact u would have no turbo lag at all cause the turbo would b sitting in your garage when u put the extractors on!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The most common mod, I thought, is not to high flow your Skyline turbo, but go and buy a second hand VL T3 and high flow it with T4 kit, you then sell you stock working GTS turbo to someone who has killed theirs. The option is up to you.

After saying that I am currently getting both my GTR turbo's highflowed. I think they are the same as a single GTS ones. There is something you should do first, and that is to piss off you ceramic exhaust wheel as well and put a steel shaft in. You can then look at increasing your 42mm compressor wheel to 47.5, like I have. You can go larger but the Garrett guy did not recommend increasing the size much more then 47.5 due to the amount of milling they do to fit the 48.5 wheel.

Cost, good question. Steel wheel exhaust wheel and shaft $600, Mill and 47.5mm steel wheel compressor $200, seals and re balance $340, so its a $1000+ job. The guy at Garrett will only recommend 3lb more boost than standard.

Personally I would go and buy a second hand Ball bearing turbo, slightly larger then what you currently have, it will spool up quicker and be ok for 20lb. But you need to be prepared to do lots of work to run 20Lb, forged pistons, Fuel system, pump, inj, reg, electric upgrade, clutch and the list goes on.

I have a 52mm comp wheel in my T28. OD is 68.

Exhaust wheel is T04 o' trim

I also have a t3 Of VG and the compressor is slightly smaller, exhaust is bigger.

Seems to work good but havent given it stick yet

I was quoted $2150 from ATS in adelaide to fit a GT25 Core in to the std. R32 RB20DET housing, using high quality bearings.

Boost response will be the same apparently full boost by 3000rpm but it will hit heaps harder.

it has enough in it to provide 220rwkw but can be pushed a little more apparently.

Guest kirby_armstrong

ANy one in victoria that can do a turbo upgrade to the rb25det standard turbo. and anyonbe tell me what i need to do to get 200rwkw?? from a stock at the moment motor???

I have looked at a few things like apex'i computer complete replacement and a big fmic but as i said need to buid it up from scratch.

I've had a look..

GT25 - 350 HP ( Maximum HP 420)(Ray Hall Special) $2200 Australian dollars.

So with this turbo how it has Maximum HP of 420 does mean that my rb20det would make a aprox 400Hp when running in the peak of its effiency range??!?!?!

So really a 400hp motor should be getting around 220-230rwkw?!?

Wrong or right?? :P

Joel hopefully in a couple of weeks i will be buying a GT28 400hp turbo from rpm, is supposed to be easily good for 230at the wheels with little lag, for 2200 but it requires a few custom made pices to bolt it on but I would rather new with my old turbo than rebuilt.

Yes your kinda on the money but i would go the next size up all they do is put a bigger exhaust housing on and your lag will be slightly more but more freeflowing say 5500rpm and upwards which is what you want.