SAU Community

Grrr speeding fine!

uneekwahn

Just wanted to tell you all how angry I am that I was speeding.

Got done for speeding last night, Wellington St, near RPH at 2050 hours. 67km in a 50km zone. Two motorbike cops with a handheld laser got me from 160 metres (they were out of sight behind a parked car). They'd picked me up from quite a distance before (I think close to 500m) and the cop told me the best distance he's picked someone up from was 980m!

I'm now $100 poorer and will be getting 1 demerit point.

I chose my speed, and I guess I chose my consequences.

I'm not complaining that the cops got me, but at my own stupidity for speeding.

my fine before easter came about a week ago as well. 68 in a 60 on winthrop ave. got flashed and was swearing like hell on the way to work. Thought i didnt get the fine after i waited for like, ages. Mum let me know about it a few days ago. Rats.

apart from a few good cops, all cops are fkin wankers.... if you dont think so then come drive you skyline around mandurah for a week. see if you can avoid getting a yellow or a fine for anything they can get you for... 100 bucks a bald tyre, blah blah blah shit like that. all imports in mandurah have the same problems...

ps. i didnt get the tyre fine.

Damn mate. I hate cops!

I did drive to madurah one afternoon and I'm surprised there were so many damn cameras on the 100kph stretches just before madurah (i was just over 100 maybe 103 or 104)

bastards

Really depends who you get etc. But if you are over the speed limit where ever than it is your fault. No point hating cops over that. (Apparently you can argue it as there is suppost to be a 6% speedo error allowance or something incase your speedo is out)

I reckon Yellows for minor things is crap, usually they just yellow you if they don't know what the hell it is :)

They're bringing a multinova to Kalgoorlie soon. (those things are money makers) Bastards.

Guest goulashRX7

im still waiting for my court order from december oopsie

ps i got that bald tyre fine

also there are lots of mums and grandmas here that like to get your number plate and report you for doing nothing

Really depends who you get etc. But if you are over the speed limit where ever than it is your fault. No point hating cops over that. (Apparently you can argue it as there is suppost to be a 6% speedo error allowance or something incase your speedo is out)

hmm so 6% off 107 is 100.58...... ..... whats the fine for being .58 over the limit? :whatsthat

I reckon Yellows for minor things is crap, usually they just yellow you if they don't know what the hell it is :)

They're bringing a multinova to Kalgoorlie soon. (those things are money makers) Bastards.

wonder how long till a work ute runs over the thing :aroused:

or a 200ton cat, that'd show em.

980 metres!!!! thats insane. I can usually spot a speed camera from a mile away but not that far. Wonder if my spider sense would pick up that 1 :Paranoid:

I havent been done by a multinova since i last drove grandenkos car (bout 20secs after getting in seat) i must say im reconsidering my tactics after that guy got fined 100k, pft they cant be worth that much. Couple of little whirly bits and a didgcam, bah!!!

The incosistancy in speed limits throuought the metro area seems to have no logic and is hazardous to safe driving. Bastards.

Jase, I know about choosing your speed and your consequences but I fully support you on the rant. I got Nova'd for 65 in a 60, rant then beer.

What makes it worse is, I'd spent 30 minutes driving around trying to decide where to go to dinner that night with Avril to celebrate our 2 and a half year anniversary!

We decided northbridge instead of south perth, and now I guess I'm paying for it :)

jason, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago 64 in 50 zone, reduced to 62 in 50 zone. it was one of the more busier streets that are changed to 50 zones. anyway i was just following the 3 or so cars infront of me, doing the same speed. motorbike cop up ahead about 100m hiding behind a tree with radar gun, decides to single me out of course. anyway pull over get the $100 fine and 1 demerit point and i'm on my way. just happy he didn't check my car over and try give me a yellow.

Feel sorry for you guys. Good money gone like that.

Just checking what's the speed margin you have to pass before they fine you? Can't keep the speed constant forever, sometimes will go below, sometimes will go above.

One of my friends told me +/-2km/h is the margin...I think that's really stingy. Not really familiar with the rules here yet, but back in my home country, the margin is about +/-10km/h.