SAU Community

GTR Injectors max power??

I hope this hasnt been asked before, I did a seach but couldnt find anything on it.

I have a silvia with an RB20, wolf 3d all the other crap. I have a t3/4 on it now but have a TD06-19C to go on to replace the t3/4. I bought the car off a friend witha blown motor which happened from a company tuning it for boost and made it go bang. anyway, back to the main question,

With my TD06-19C and wolf 3d and GTR injectors (which I am thikning of buying), what kind of power would I be looking at? I dont want to buy the GTR injectors and find they are too small and I have to get something later, or if I upgrade the turbo again later I will have to do the injectors too.

I am sure there are lots of you out there with GTR Injectors in your RB20s, so please let me in on your knowledge!

Thanks alot.

Rhys Hutcheson.

i have GTR injectors in my rb20 and i have 254rwkw ...

but when im giving it full throttle on about 17 psi

my injector duty cycle says its at 100% so this might be the limit i dunno

unless my avcr is reading wrong

So you are telling me that in a GTR STD injectors can handel 528hp?? That doesnt sound right to me!! If that was right, why would they change the injectors then?

Rhys

What is the CC of standard R33 GTS-T injectors?

RB26DETT - Low Impedence Top feed 444cc

RB25DET - High Impedence Side Feed 370cc

RB20DET - High Impedence Top Feed (270cc - ?)

So you are telling me that in a GTR STD injectors can handel 528hp?? That doesnt sound right to me!! If that was right, why would they change the injectors then?

Rhys

No,

You miss-read one important letter ;)

i was making 240rwkw with GTR injectors and fuel pump and the car was tuned just into the safty zone (97% duity or something) have just replace the gear for any bigger numbers.

well from what i have seen the std gtr injector will make around 400rwhp,with everything working well (good pump and fuel pressure ),and i know there is the ability to get a bit more out of them with the wolf if you find someone who likes to tune it (good luck)(just stirring) but i never see the logic in push the limits of the injectors when they all cost basically the same new and new sard can be land for about $120ea new.

So if your looking over 400rwhp i wouldnt bother with second injectors, but if you think you will not exceed that (which is a most likely with rb20) the gtr injectors should do fine.

thanks for that pnblight

I cant see that happeneing with my motor anytime soon, so the GTR injectors shal doo just fine!

Thanks to everyone else for their insight too.

Rhys

Pretty sure injector flow formula is as follows:

CC of injector divided by 5 x how many cylinders = Max BHP at 100% duty.

So, 440cc divided by 5 = 88 x 6 cylinders = 528BHP.

Yep, but you can't run an engine with injectors at 100%, you need some overhead for acceleration enrichment and changing weather conditions. Around 80% is a good working maximum.

My rule of thumb in a 6 cylinder engine is injector cc's = bhp

444cc's = 444 bhp

divide by 1.34 for kw = 331 kw

subtract 55 rwkw for 2wd losses = 276 rwkw

or subtract 75rwkw for 4wd losses = 256 4wkw

:D