SAU Community

New GTR on the way, a few questions.

Predator: hahaha thats great the ol' 33 is kicking some Holden/Subie ass.

Yeah I think the SS has 225kw and the VY SS has 235kw. But It is the HSV's that claim 250kw. Still fairly slow though. No competition for your GTS-T.

The "private tracks" up here are fantastic. Nice and long and some big sweeping bends :P

Phantom SS, even so, Its very hard to get a Holden into the 12's. Like I said, a 360kw Veloce up here cant do 12's!

I reckon its the older ones like the Toranas and Monaros that are the proper "race" holdens. Anything new is based around a family car.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ethan_R32

Predator: hahaha thats great the ol' 33 is kicking some Holden/Subie ass.

Yeah I think the SS has 225kw and the VY SS has 235kw. But It is the HSV's that claim 250kw. Still fairly slow though. No competition for your GTS-T.

The "private tracks" up here are fantastic. Nice and long and some big sweeping bends :P

Phantom SS, even so, Its very hard to get a Holden into the 12's. Like I said, a 360kw Veloce up here cant do 12's!

I reckon its the older ones like the Toranas and Monaros that are the proper "race" holdens. Anything new is based around a family car.

Umm you think? Again go to LS!.com.au and ask for a guy with the nic PLan B. His LS1 ran a 12.2 with only an exhaust, small cam and LS1 edit. There are heaps of LS1s in the 12s actually, go look at the quick list on the same site, all with not much work at all. The fastest LS1 powered Holden is a 10 second LS1 in WA using a standard stroke 5.7litre with only a new manifold and cam plus exhaust and LS1 edit and a nice shot of nitrous.

All the older cars are much lighter, dont have all the good bits or safety and you can guarantee dont meet emissions or act as daily drivers (the commodores I mention do) and they also run on slicks, put slicks on the newer Holdens and they run awesome times, traction is the big enemy of Gen 3 Commodores. Remember again you are comparing factory cars which are not built with running 12s in mind!

Actually I read today that Plan B and and ALZ 57L are both running Flat 12s at the creek with 5.7litre cars but cant confirm this. Stupid uphill track! Anyway there are other LS1s running in the 11s allready at interstate tracks.

Barks,

Sorry to hear about the demise of the stockies mate. I thought 16psi was a bit too much for 'em :D It's better that your old turbos have let go now rather than a few months down the track. Perfect upgrade with the 34 GT-R turbos too! Steel exhaust wheels & a few extra yrs of design technology should make them a perfect upgrade for a daily driven R32 GT-R. I'd say that they'll liberate a few more kw :P

predator666,

Not that I know Ethan_R32's car modifying budget but even if Munro was selling his HKS GT2835R x2 kit (which I don't believe he is just yet?) I don't think the price would be in the basic upgrade bracket. A single GT2835R is well over $5000 new. Add the wastegates, manifold & so on & I'd be guessing 8-10k 2nd hand for that kit.

Phantom,

ive seen one of the threads there where some bloke says he ran a 12.2 in a WH grange i think and it had a blower and something like 360kw. After he said he ran a 12.2 everyone laughed at him and the thread was closed.

And howcome a CSV up here that has 360kw can only get a low 13??

Matt: yeah mate it was a bummer to have to fork out for the R34 turbos, but at least it wasnt as I was driving it home or something like that.

And yeah that upgrade kit is a BIT out of my reach :P

Hey guys, well i just got back from Melbourne and drove back my GTR.

Man it is unreal, I love it!!!

And jesus is it fast. It actually has a fair wack of down low torque too, which surprised me. It has R34 turbos which spool up a bit quicker and gives some more low down grunt. Eg, when I was in 5th and doin about 100, I went to overtake in 5th and just put my foot down. It only took a second for the turbos to spool and I was off :burnout:

But my favourite part is 240rwkw + 4WD. Man is that thing deadly from a stop. I havent given it a good launch yet as Ill probly "baby" it for a bit, but if i just take off real slow in 1st doing like 5k's and punch it, I can feel the rears just spinning a tiny bit then the fronts kick in and it just pushes you into the seat.

But the thing is I have to wait to get it roadworthy then register it, so I cant drive it much for a while :D

I have a "temporary permit" that says I can only drive it from where I bought it to home and Vicroads.

But the overall quality of the car is excellent. Paint is good (a few minor scratches) wheels look horn, interior is clean as, I have an Apexi Multi checker that tell you speed, RPM, injector duty cycle, A/F ratio, air flow percentage and heaps of other stuff. Overall a bloody nice car.

So now I cant wait for a few cruises!!;)

sweet ride dude

i drove mine round a little bit while mine was one permit... was a 7 day one

i got pulled over once... they looked at it and gave me a bretho and let me go on

is the r34 turbos on there temporarily? cos i heard the old ones let go on ya

i bet the attessa felt weird for the first time?

Ill get some pics real soon

Kamikaze: yeah mines 7 days too.

Nah the R34 turbos are permanent. Man they feel unreal. Spool up really quick and have quite a big kick around 4000rpm.

The ATTESSA left me and my girlfriend speechless. It is just amazing, the way you can feel the fronts pulling you along.

Hopefully this week Kamikaze.

Hey guys.

Ive got a question about my GTR.

The oil pressure gauge hardly ever read over 1 or 2, is this normal?? I looked at the oil level which was on the high mark. The car has a remote oil filter which has some VERY long braided hoses for it. It is positioned right at the bottom of the engine bay under the air filter box. So I can get to it from underneath the car. Probly around 1 metre in length. Would this cause the oil pressure to drop at all? The oil temp read only a bit over 70 most of the time.

Well anyway the more I sit in it the more I love it. The seats are so comfy, and it just looks really cool in the interior!

The clutch is really easy to use, and the gearbox is so smooth too! I just cant believe how good this car is. It is still running a bit rich, coz I can see a few spots of black soot near the exhaust, and when I rev it I can see a bit too. So I reckon with some kind of engine management around 250 - 260rwkw???

Well I hope to get some more pics of it when I have it regod.

Andrew

andrew

i know exactly what u mean by the more u sit in it, the more u love it

it just grows on u so much

u would have been the same when u got ur r33 i bet

will be great to c some new pics of ur car, cant wait

Andrew - Man, I just noticed this thread !!

Congratulation on the GTR, looks damn DAMN nice. Very clean, and with 243rwkw to boot ;)

You've got to love ATTESA, I've felt it in a mates GTS4-t and it's amazing.

Oh BTW: the R32 GTR ECU's can be remapped. Could be worth while looking into if your not going to be adding mods all the time, otherwise save up your bikkies and get a PFC.

Well done.

J

Kabab, yeah I think I will have to.

Kamikaze: I was even thinking of getting the sleeping bag out and sleeping in it :D hehehe And yeah it was exactly the same with the R33 too.

Ill try and get pics asap, but i gotta borrow a friends digital camera 1st.

Jay: mate now we have to organise some kind of cruise!!

Yeah the ATTESA is bloody unreal. I love it. Just the feel of the fronts pulling, and the rears pushing......

Yeah I heard the R32 GTR ECU can be remapped, but im saving up for power fc, injectors and pump. Shouldnt be long now :D

Hey Matt,

yeah I was definitely thinking of that too.

I think my car actually hit the Air flow percentage limiter a few times too. It has an Apexi Multi Checker which measures nearly everything and can give an alarm if you go too high in Injector duty cycle/Air flow percentage/ Air/fuel ratio/boost etc etc etc.....

It really is a neat thing, but I dont know how accurate it is.

• 1 year later...