SAU Community

New GTR on the way, a few questions.

Read my last post guys.......

Hey guys,

well now that my car is sold, I already have a GTR on its way from Japan.

It is a 1994 R32 GTR in silver.

It has a few basic mods like 17 inch wheels, exhaust, filters, suspension etc.

I was told it has an overhauled engine. Im not too sure what has been overhauled yet. Have to find out later.

I have a few questions.

1: besides a general service, what should I do to it before I even drive it? Like fuel filter, clean injectors, compression test????

2: From experience what will I need for 250rwkw (500hp engine) I have a fair idea on what I need but just want to see what everyone else has to get this sort of power.

3: will I be able to beat a stock 5 litre V8? :P

4: any tips on what sort of oils to use? I was thinking Mobil 1 for engine, and Castrol VMX 80 for gearbox.

5: what are a good set of tyres for it?

Nothing too big or special, maybe around $1000 - $1200 all up.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ill have some good pictures to post in a few weeks, but dont have any good ones as yet.

I look forward to going on a cruise with everyone too.

Andrew

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. YES

4. i use Motul4100 semi synthetic... used to use motul6100 full synthetic, but can't justify the price difference...

5. i have bridgestone grid2 in 245/45/17... they came with the car in brand new form... that was april 2002, it lasted me since then and i went to 2track days with it... still got a fair bit of treads left... they offer enough grip for me..

:P

...look foward to the pix mate! Sounds good, hope it all works out well for ya and you get a good deal. And with a twin turbo, the sky is the limit in terms of power there.

Cruise would be good if you're ever down in melbourne. Then you can take your new beast, and i can sit behind you in your old beast R33 :-) with other SAU skylines in tow.

Down along the beach rd is good like down from st kilda to frankston or so, but too many cops these days..you have to sit bang on the speed limit every second of the way which is no fun.

congrats on the new car Andrew!! :P:) :)

did you ask for them to look for a silver one? or is that just what came up? I love that colour on the 32 GTR's much more than the gun metal or white :)

Gordon: yeah mate, I cant wait for more pics too!!! hehehe. As soon as I get them, ill post them up.

Man id love to come for a big cruise. Ive only ever been on one in Adelaide, and that was awesome. Not only was the run great, but just hanging with fellow skyline enthusiasts really gets the blood going.

Clint32: yeah thats what I though (and was hoping) Looks like I wont have to spend much on getting this kind of power then.

Shell: yeah I asked for silver, then black, then white. But I REALLY wanted silver, as I love the 32's in that color.

Kamikaze: yeah mate, and when I get it, ill hafta go for a road trip and take you for a spin. Hopefully you do go straight for the GTR man, that would be unreal as a first car. (just watch the insurance though)

kabab: how much is it for a set of those? and where can I find some more info/pics of them? I will be after something that has some grip, but not heaps (i wanna smoke up all four tyres, as you do in a GTR) But I have also heard good reports on these tyres.

ps, does anyone know how I can change my name on here to Ethan_R32???? becoz I dont own an R33 anymore.

good to hear dude glad you finnally sold your car it was sweet as well.

gtr should be great

IF you can invest in a power fc from the start with some tuning a probalby a a bigger fuel pump and may be bigger afms you could get to 250 rwkw is very doable need to run a bit of boost on the turbo's though to get it.

any way enjoy just drive the car for now.

should be good for mid 12's and possibly much less.

meggala

Man.... I'm not being biased here or anything but

SILVER R32 GTR'S ARE THE SEXIEST B*TCHES ON THE ROAD!!!!

:P

Just service the car before you start gunning it.

Out of the box, you'll munch V8's for breakfast. Look for 911's. More exciting challange.

I'm using Shell Ultra at the moment, but use to use Mobil 1. Mobil 1 better cause it keeps temps down. Ultra seems to sit too high on guage for my liking.

Get PowerFC first. This was my mistake. I got FMIC and other things first whe I should've got the PowerFC first. Have to adjust braking points and how hard I stomp on throttle cause of this one change.

Yeah I was thinking about a power fc. But I have plans for bigger turbos and was thinking that maybe I will need it tuned again, so more money.

Silver: yeah I really reckon the silver R32's looke SOOO nice. The R33's dont look as good in silver for some reason.

I was joking about a stock 5 litre V8 :P

I can already beat LS1's in my GTS-T.

For the owners of a GTR, whats it like lauching from a stand still at high RPM? Ive never experienced that, and want to know what it is like.

ethan if your going bigger turob youwill definatly need power fc if you want to see a gtr lauch at high revs go to my site in side the front page is a link to a vid of my runs at calder the gtr next to me had a very big rubo and was lauching at wll over 7000 rpm

meggala

Unreal. I cant wait to launch it.

Can you actually get all four wheels spinning with around 250rwkw if you dump it at around 6 or 7 grand?

And how are they through corners? I already know that my GTS-T handled like you wouldnt believe around a corner, but too much throttle and it comes close to spinning out. Can you give a GTR a fair bit of throttle around a bend?

Also, back to question 1, can anyone give me a bit more info on this? Should I do a compression test to make sure it is healthy?