SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

Hey, i was just looking at this Boost controller and i wanted to know if i install this in my r34 will i be able to put one of those rocket switches to change the boost when i want from low to high...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

According to instruction on this bleed valve,

One line goes to the turbo compressor and the other to the actuator. My turbo has nothing for me to hook the line to the compressor, where else can i connect it to? ......any vacum line off the throttle body?

Thanks

you need to get your boost scource from BEFORE the throttle body. the closer to the tirbo the better. if you have an R33 you can use the line that goes to the boost solenoid.

cheers!

Has anyone had problem with boost gauge in the instrument cluster? Mine has never worked since I brought car from importer.

Anyone know how this gauge works?

Aslo, if you do install this a conrtoller how do you set it to 10psi if the gauge only goes to 7?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had problem with boost gauge in the instrument cluster? Mine has never worked since I brought car from importer.

Anyone know how this gauge works?

Aslo, if you do install this a conrtoller how do you set it to 10psi if the gauge only goes to 7?

Factory boost guage is rated in mmHg (as it's printed on the dash)

That's millimeters of Mercury, I believe? Anyway, it's not Pounds per Square Inch which we generally use in Australia.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pressure...rter-d_569.html

I bought one of these about... 3 years ago? I bought a cheap boost guage and tapped off the same line that the factory guage uses... ran that pipe into the cabin through the firewall and then started setting the boost. Once I found 10psi exactly, I disconnected the pipe and boost guage and put it in the shed. This controller has been flawless ever since. I haven't once touched it since I set it!

So on the dash... 10psi is about 500mm Hg... which is +5 (x100) on the dash. Occasionally I look at the boost when i'm going uphill, and it sits on +5 and never spikes. Best controller you can buy for $30+shipping. (It was $22 delivered when I bought it!)

• 3 months later...

just installed it onto my r32 it was excelent holds boost well, better respone spools fast loving it

tip becarful wen you first install it i thought it was set at low boost but it boosted me p to 15 hhahahahh

nonetheless great product at an affordable price

cheers giuseppe

Yeah it's held out for me over the past year of owning my skyline.

I find however that it takes longer to spool my turbo up, using this MBC... when using the stock solenoid it comes on boost much quicker. Any opinions?

If you are reaching a higher level of boost compared to stock then of course it will take longer to reach maximum boost!

I can't beleive this thread is still going!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah it's held out for me over the past year of owning my skyline.

I find however that it takes longer to spool my turbo up, using this MBC... when using the stock solenoid it comes on boost much quicker. Any opinions?

I have a r32 so I can't comment on how it compares against the stock solenoid system, but to me, boost seems to hit a lot quicker with the boost controller hooked up and set at 10psi at plenum (vs 5psi at plenum without the controller).

• 2 weeks later...

well either my boost gauge can only get to 5psi or my turbotech wont increase my boost?? whether its screwed right in or out nothing really seems to change? i can feel power come in quicker but cannot increase the boost?

have i missed something or is my gauge damaged? :(

• 4 weeks later...

HAY THERE.

I JUST GOT MY BC AND ITS GOING WELL EXCEPT IT MAKES A BIG SQUEAKING SOUND.

IVE GOT A R33 FACTORY 25DET MANUAL AND HOOKED IT BACK UP TO THE STANDARD SOLENOID AND NO MORE SQUEAK .

SO THE BOOST CONTROLLER IS MAKING THE SQUEAK AND I THINKS ITS FROM THE HOLE IN IT.

PLUS IT DOESNT WANT TO BOOST OVER 10PSI. IT HAS A FLAT SPOT THE WHOLE WAY TILL ABOUT 6000RPM AND THE STANDARD SOLENOID IS UNPLUGGED.

ITS HOOKED UP TO THE PLENUM AND THE ACTUATOR BUT DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING WHEN HOOKED BETWEEN THE ACUATOR AND THE VALVE OFF THE INTERCOOLER PIPING.

SOME ONE HELP ME OUT ITS REALLY ANNOYING ME!