SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered one almost 2 weeks ago. Said he forgot to send it, fair enough, but now almost 5 working days later again, Im still waiting.

Very very poor service, now hes not replying to my emails. I ordered this 2 weeks in advance so that I could get it on my car before it went on the dyno. Its going on the dyno tomorrow though

what is the boost range this thing effective for?

say, with coupled with r32 wastegate actuator, i assume it's 10psi upwards (to max boost of ???psi) and with r33 one from 7psi?

cheers

sam

it can give you more boost than the stock turbos can handle. think i highest i ever saw was around 18psi with a 25 turbo and actuator. but that much boost with a stock turbo is stupid :P

Hey guys, quick question.

What is the lowest boost you can set the turbo tech to?

I'm currently running a 3" turbo back exhaust with a bell mouth dump/front pipe, FMIC and pod filter.

I running stock computer as well.

I just got the turbo tech and installed it as instructed by the diagram on the 1st page of this thread.

However, I can't seem to set my boost to below 9psi. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if this is normal or have I done something wrong?

Someone point me in the right direction!

Hey guys, quick question.

What is the lowest boost you can set the turbo tech to?

I'm currently running a 3" turbo back exhaust with a bell mouth dump/front pipe, FMIC and pod filter.

I running stock computer as well.

I just got the turbo tech and installed it as instructed by the diagram on the 1st page of this thread.

However, I can't seem to set my boost to below 9psi. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if this is normal or have I done something wrong?

Someone point me in the right direction!

You can only go as low as the actuator will allow, so i guess your stock boost level is 9psi, so that is as low as you can go. I have 14psi actuators so that is as low as i can set my boost.

Hi Guys,

Started reading this thread this morning, got to page 25 (not much happening at work) then skipped to the end... 4 years and 55 odd pages later I figure hey for $30 who can say no. I have 1 question though.

What is the long term reliability like? Can anybody who has had one of these fitted for a few years comment on spring tension reduction, carboning up, ball bearing rust etc etc.

I know it doesn't really matter as for $30 you could buy one every year if you wanted.... just curious. :sick:

hey guys in leu of having this boost controller i fitted up my turbosmart valve t as the instructions say for this one. Anyway i set the boost all good and its driving fine but now my factory boost guage is not working all the time. Ive also done the FMIC install as you can see in this section.

prior to the boost controller install i'd done the wire cut and ground for 7psi without the guage playing up.

Is it an issue now that i'd removed the solenoid or should i be looking somewhere else all together? where / how does the factory boost guage get its feed / signal from???

Edited by STYLN

Have bought two in past 3 weeks, 3 day turn around on both :)

Stupid me didn't tighten lock nut up fully and first one decided come apart while on boost :) surprised parts of the turbo didn't end up out exhaust, Second ones working a treat

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm just so everyone knows there is plenty of these style pneumatic valves around... you can get ones all stainless, brass whatever you want. electronic if ya fancy.

company that springs to mind is SMC they have a stack of one way adjustable pneumatic valves. There is also another that starts with pneu*** can't remember. just thought id add something. Sure i saw one with a nice little marked adjuster on it too so you know the opening pressure, long time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered one almost 2 weeks ago. Said he forgot to send it, fair enough, but now almost 5 working days later again, Im still waiting.

Very very poor service, now hes not replying to my emails. I ordered this 2 weeks in advance so that I could get it on my car before it went on the dyno. Its going on the dyno tomorrow though

If your not happy with there service like many arn't, including good freind of mine there is allways an alternative below, my mate bought 1 and there identical units and it works a treat in his car for months with no issues.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=320400913390

can anyone confirm whether this is the way the boost tee is assembled, i was checking mine to see if it had dirt in it and it all fell out all at once and im not 100% sure which way it goes back together, but i've gathered it goes something like this.

this is an exploded view

post-35425-1248421689_thumb.jpg

can anyone confirm whether this is the way the boost tee is assembled, i was checking mine to see if it had dirt in it and it all fell out all at once and im not 100% sure which way it goes back together, but i've gathered it goes something like this.

Looks correct to me (how else would it go)?

yeah well thats it, i mean if the ball sat directly below the boost adjustment screw then theres nothing to stop the pressure from getting through, ie low boost when gate should be closed

hey noisia, im pretty sure that is the right way. i brought one of these and took it apart accdently when i did and the ball bearing fell into the left hand side of the diagram so when we were hookin it up the boost could go as high as it wanted lol. if its wrong i recon u will find out very quickly, just keep an eye on ya boost gauge mate :rofl: n when adjusing it remember do little turns at a time, im talkin lik 1/4 of a turn

yeah cheers guys, might have to tell my tuner that one to, coz im gonna be granny driving to the tuners without coming on boost to much, so he'll be seeing the full effect. lol

borrowed one off my mate to test so i tried it on my car set at 12psi and i found that spooling was slower then another branded bleed valve that i'm currently using. Lucky i didn't buy it... still gonna get a EBC tho.