SAU Community

HKS Pod Filters

Richo

Guys, where can I get replacements for HKS Pod Filters, seems noone stocks these anymore, I've tried D1Garage, Car Toys, VivaGarage, and others with no luck,

Any help appreciated, need this bad. Thanks.

do you still have your stock air filter? if so put that in for the mean time until you can source a filter replacement. I wouldnt know where else stocks them either.

No I dont have the stock one. And i don't wanna pay for another full kit ,you know. if I cant find one soon im gonna have to order one in interstate or something.

Thanks for the reply mate,

hey richo, had exactly the same problem man. Went down to Autosport on Magil road, they don't stock HKS, but what they did do was measure my orginal filter and then had an exact replacement made out of the UNIfilter element. Pulls just as hard as before, if not better, and best of all is completely washable and reusable, unlike HKS. Gets better though, price...$35! PM me for details and I'll put you on to the guy I dealt with, he's really good!

No luck with JMS, not in stock. By the way MXT Imports nice wing, where did you get that one from? Is that from the group buy here?

Anyway, Anyone else? There most be someone stocking these HKS Replacements in Adelaide!!

cheers Richo, but not my car anymore...sadly. Imported it as is from Japan about 2 years ago, had it here for a week not even complianced yet and someone else saw it in the workshop and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so to speak, lol. Last I heard it got sold interstate, but yea it was sweet looking! At the moment I've got a TT Soarer, doesn't handle like a Line but plenty of balls and you can't beat the luxury!!

why does it have to be the hks one? like mxt said, so witht he store at magill. Seems like a bargain to me.

It takes 2 weeks to get the replacement made with the guys at magill, and I need it before that.

But yes it is a great deal and if i can't find it anywhere else, I'll have to go with them.

It takes 2 weeks to get the replacement made with the guys at magill, and I need it before that.

But yes  it is a great deal and if i can't find it anywhere else, I'll have to go with them.

two weeks. that sure is a long time.

yea it is a bit of a pain but they've got to send the measurements away to the UNI Filter manufacturer interstate, get them to cut it to the specifications and then send it back, etc etc But hey, for $35 and its washable (unlike genuine HKS replacement), I ain't complaining!

Give Jap Tech Imports a go on 8266 0212.

Funny guy this one. offered me "HKS" complete units from 70 to 120 dollars depending on the quality I want, :werd: Correct me if im wrong but aren't they all the same price and quality and about 200 - 250 for a complete unit?.

So I explained to him that I was just after the replacement to which he replied: no mate dont have the replacements in stock , but try KMart they sure have them... WTF!! :alcoholic

Funny guy this one. offered  me "HKS" complete units  from 70 to 120 dollars depending on the quality I want,  :werd:   Correct me if im wrong but aren't they all the same price and quality and about 200 - 250 for a complete unit?.  

So I explained to him that I was just after the replacement to which he replied: no mate dont have the replacements in stock , but try KMart they sure have them...  WTF!! :alcoholic

:bahaha: :P :bahaha:

I did source one from them when I had my HKS pod it was about $60 for replacement (the 15cm one). Well I don't think Ill be goin to them for anymore parts, when I can just go to my local Kmart :(

Thanks to pkblade after all, :D

Finally got my filter element today, at JMS, they got some in early this week and already have about 3 left, after speaking to the guy there it appears they are gonna keep them in stock regularly, but is not for sure, So if anyone was to get some, better hurry! :)

• 2 weeks later...