SAU Community

Plenum modification

GTStR32

Does anyone know a palce in Melbourne that can modifiy the stanard plenum on a RB20, that is to cut the throttle body and relocate it to the front of the plenum, and also where can i find the cheapest silicon (i think its silicon) piping to join my cooler pipes together.

thanks

After thinking about moding my Plenum to the end of the plenum, i found out it was abit hard to do on a r32/RB20DET plenum as the ends/diameter to make a hole to fit the throttle body aint that big compaired to a rb25det one which can & has been done.

You want the WHOLE piping in silicon? or just joints?

why not just do it in alloy or something?

It is not very hard to relocate the throttle body on the 32's, i was going to do it on mine and got a second plenum which i cut up and was going to weld the pipe to but i decided against it. The air has to enter and turn hard left to reach the first cylinder, this means there will be big differnces in the air recieved at each runner. You realy need to make a complete new plenum if you want short pipes and i was going to do this but it got all to hard.

However if you want a 32 plenum with the throttle body moved i will sell you the one i modifies for a good price.

hey i was wondering...how much are the plenums that go straight to the front of the engine instead of going across the top?

how much, where from, and is it worth it? im wanting a cooler soon, so i was thinking of changing the plenum first...if it was worth the trouble?

do people sell them second hand, if so, how much and again, where from...here?