SAU Community

looking for a 1/4 mile thingy

Adam 33

I don't know what they are called but they are an electrical device that can sense and give you a 1/4 mile reading but i can't find anything about them.

If anyone has one that they can recomend or knows any info about it could ya give me a yell.

Adam

There are a couple of things available.

The APEX'i RSM (Rev Speed Meter) will provide speed, revs, trip computer, battery voltage, 1/4mile, 0-100km/hr etc. I have one of these and they work well and look cool. They can also provide power figures if you have the additional g-sensors attached.

The other thing is called a "G-Tech", I think, and provides accurate details on 1/4mile, 0-100's etc.

I would think that most Jap tuning shops could provide you with either.

See'ya:burnout:

I'd go for the RSM myself... only coz I have one :(

Blue screen, batt voltage and all the other stuff gtst-vspec mentioned. top product. I got mine for $360 :P no G-sensors yet.

you can monitor 4 channels of information aswell, all at once. batt, spead, trip, rev, all that kinda stuff...

and it's got the shift-lite functionality also.. I got a blue LED on the dash that the RSM controls. also has speed alert and a host of other goodies...

some people pay $400 for a tacho with shift light.. the rsm can do it all..

-K.

Most accurate is a Calitec, used to be made by a dude in Sydney I think. Gives 0-60, 0-80, 0-100, 60' with speed in MPH and KPH, 1/4 and speed in MPH and KPH, or you can program it to measure 1/8 mile. Also has two trip meters. Uses magnets on an undriven wheel, and has a G sensor. VERY accurate and repeatable. He was selling them for about $250, but couldn't compete against the Guess-tec and stopped making them. I've had one for about 5 years now and it's really helped me get consistant launches and ET's. :D