SAU Community

Setting up a new Cef message board

l6a6w6s6

Hi guys,

I'm frustrated by a lack of a proper bb for Cef owners. It is very kind of sau to host this section, but I don't think it is well known and it is also limited in that it can't have its own sub forums for classifieds and the like. Also the content is diluted due to that fact that other 4 door Nissans are discussed here. They will be welcome on the new site, but the focus is on Cefs.

Look out for an update soon with a link.

Michael

BRAVO!!!!

:cheers::D:D:D

ive been waiting for a site for cefiros only for ages!!!

no offence to anyone but this Skyline & Other Vehicle Specific Discussion > Cefiros and other RB powered sedans is just really messy and amuture!

how long till the sites up?!!!?!?

good idea champ....that would be great...i dont own a ceffy....yet...the reason i dont, is cause i cant easily talk to other owners and see their cars....

good luck with it.

cheers

Linton

everyone wants to be teh uber admin of a forum these days:D

someone did start a dedicated forum for ceffies n laurels and other nissan sedans, something taxi.com... wasn't exactly a raging sucess as it was a small group of 15 people going "swoit car mate" to each other.

As a cef owner, SAU's been the best resource as all the tuning etc as the cef and laurel is 70% a skyline anyways. If there's not enough people aware of the awesome tech and resources available on here, or of the 4 door RB sedan section, then you should spread the word, not splinter off as that'll make things worse.

I'm not after the glory here, I have a very successful website in www.sr20tuning.com already for that. Maybe not so well known on RB based forums but heaps of people know and use it on Silvia related sites.

And yes I agree that this site is a good resource, in particular your self has done a great job in the cef section from what I've seen in my short time here.

Jus want to give these interesting cars the space they deserve.

someone did start a dedicated forum for ceffies n laurels and other nissan sedans, something taxi.com... wasn't exactly a raging sucess as it was a small group of 15 people going "swoit car mate" to each other.

As a cef owner, SAU's been the best resource as all the tuning etc as the cef and laurel is 70% a skyline anyways. If there's not enough people aware of the awesome tech and resources available on here, or of the 4 door RB sedan section, then you should spread the word, not splinter off as that'll make things worse.

:werd: :werd:

Thats right theres no point starting a forum without the people that have the know how to answer the questions in the first place.

Sure it would be nice to have a shrine for the ceff but it would be hard to match SAU in the amount of information and knowledge provided as there would never be anywhere near as much traffic . The strength of this forium is that it is a forum is for different types of cars but they all still share the same tuning/performance traits

i think it's a fanstic idea, but, before i say a compliment, i must contradict myself like a real dickwad.

yes that's right i said it...

anyway, the cefiro "community" if you will is a very small group of people as far as australia is concerned, say for example, 15 cefiros australia wide ( i know this isn't true, but just hypothetical situation) if those 15 cefiro drivers are on SAU, wouldn't it be wise to keep them on SAU, rather than segregate them creating many splinter groups?

im all for it, but here you have the RB geeks who know EVERYTHING there is to rb engines, i love it here! plus, i already waste more than enough time of my day checking forums...

haha, but seriously it's a good idea

I'd like this section to be a bit more prominent as well, but so would the stagea boys as well, so we have to have a fair sort of system... if more people call for this section to be more prominent then the other admins might agree to doing something about it.

Ah well, another forum to whore.

I'm with that. I think having too many for such a small userbase is folly. Personally, between ns.com, nsilvia.com and sau I get my need of - forum kids, tech info and tech info/good people (respectively).

I'll sign up to support the movement and all that but I like sticking with SAU - there's just no reason to move anywhere else.

Sorry to be another downer, but this section here I would have to say would be the most popular cefiro section I have come across.  The only thing that isnt cefiro or laural is the title.

This is exactly how I see it also - except that you get the occasional 4 door skyline in here too. Don't get me wrong I like Adz posting about his crazy wheels or blown up flywheel :D but I think most 4 door skyline owners hang in the skyline section anyway.

I'd like this section to be a bit more prominent as well, but so would the stagea boys as well, so we have to have a fair sort of system... if more people call for this section to be more prominent then the other admins might agree to doing something about it.

Ah well, another forum to whore.

I think the solution to this is to get the cefiro domain owned by PranK pointed to the cefiro section directly. (and I've started to whore)