SAU Community

r32 + Cefiro HID Group Buy!! (in 2weeks)

someonestolecc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CC

I pmed you but you didn't reply. I'm interested mate, but I just wanna take a look at your car to see how bright it is, and whether it's too obvious (easily defected).

BTW, were you on old pac today? If so, I was the black r33.

Cheers

danh - We can wait for your right now we need the numbers - please get back to the thread ASAP :P

typeM - Sure gimme a ring tommorrow and I'll drive over your way and you can check it out no problem.

Sorry if I didn't reply to a PM I swear I didn't see any... you sure my inbox wasn't full? ahh well either way, talk to ya tommorz :P

Is this still on?

im was just about to purchase a some BJ union hid's myself and was wondering of the quality of the kaixen? ive heard that they fade over time, has anyone heard this?

sorry for the bad comment, but this coment is the only thing stoping me from getting these.

thx

hey, sorry to post this here, but last week there was a pic posted of all the different types/styles of globes, i was wondering if anyone knows were thats gone?

i cant seem to find it anywere.

sorry

thx again

:D

Hi KICKIN

With regards to your 'fading' question, the quick and simple answer is no, they dont fade. Im not sure if there are any xenon bulbs that 'fade' actually. i think you have been mis-informed by someone that doesnt know much about HID technology, let alone the Kaixen brand!

All xenon bulbs are ultimately made in the same way and have the certain gas mixtures inside the xenon bulb which when fused with electricity, it ignites and it causes light to emit. The bottom line with xenon bulbs is you either have the light emitted or you dont, theres no 'fading' over time.

is the pic you are after something close to the attachment below?

cheers

Hey man this buy is still going ahead just waiting for some more people!

I've was looking at the bj union kits before too over on ns.com but they seem to have some stuff going on that stopped me from getting them and made me goes these instead. Also BATMBL had a good rep on SAU, the price was right and kaixen seem to be shipped everywhere in the world.

In the end I'm glad I did but in the end the choice is up to you. I haven't noticed any fading and I've had them in the last couple of weeks (have a look at my post back in this thread for exact dates), I am still very happy with them otherwise I wouldn't be organising the group buy.. To be honost I thought more cefiro/r32 people would take this up and at the pace it was going I wish I hadn't started the group buy because I know there are some eager people who have been forced to wait :(

Either way have a look at the pics on my car and tommorz night typeM will have a look in person he can post up his thoughts then. (This was meant to occur tonight but I wasn't feeling too well).

Shit, my mate and I only just finished working on the car at 12midnight tonight, and I figured that you have to work tomorrow, so it's a bit late. Sorry about that. How about tomorrow night, as in 5 July?

You weren't wrong I was long in bed :D Tonight it is gimme a ring bout 7.

nps ;)

thx for the quick reply...

well put me down for a set of H3 low beam 8500  

:(

Thanks KICKIN you're added - Just so you know 8500k is gonna be plenty blue :)

Ok we've hit 5 - all in the buy already are probably very very eager to get going so we'll give it a few days for anyone else to fall in then start money transfers because I don't think we'll hit 10.

Thanks everyone for waiting so far. Anyone else who wants in please post asap!

Wow that's extreme heh heh - whatever tickles your biscuits though :)

The kaixen water proof.. Hmm.. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

The bulbs I would NOT recommend getting wet, especially while they're on but this goes for any bulbs (just more so when replacements cost $120).

Realistically I have no grommets in my headlight assemblies and took my car out in the rain last week (which any Sydneysider can attest was pretty big) and no problem. We're talkin in rain that reduced visibility to 5-10m so.. yeah.

The ballasts and cables I wouldn't be dunking in your bathtub or mounting it in your wheel arch but really it's an enclosed unit and all cables are sealed to it. I didn't have any problems with the rain getting into my engine bay but I would imagine if some sprayed in there'd be no problem.

If you expect water getting into your engine bay or headlight assembly in copious amounts I would seriously recommend fixing this instead of shopping for waterproof lighting solutions.

If what you mean is: is the unit going to die by having some occasional water splashed onto it by a belt in the engine bay the answer is most probably not.

On the other hand if it's beading and dripping on or around the ballasts or down the cables into the headlight assembly, I would seriously suggest mounting it somewhere where this won't happen.

Hope that's a helpful explanation :)

If you or anyone else ends up running these in your bathtub, please post up pics of the ensuing fire and possible hospital pics :Owned:

yeah, not really to sure what i meant by water proof, i just saw the bj unions submereged in water so i thought id pop the question.

i spose if ther not 100% water proof its just a nothing lil thing that has to be made aware.

So did you end up buying steves cef?

hows it gowing? i member he took me for a spin in that not long after it got off the ship.

Yes I did it was a piece of shit when I bought it and there's a thread titled wooho my car didn't blow up where i've posted some of what I had to do to get it where it is now. Hopefully I can put that behind me and the car will work for me now on.

Back to the group buy - i've put you up for these so if you're out please PM me.

Yeah put me down for a set of the 6500k's so still two weeks i got a R33

Hey mate no problem - you'll just have to check your light assembly and make sure you get the correct attachment. There's a post in the thread here from BATMBL with the globe attachments. Just check that out and I'll add you to the list, we should be taking money over the next week or so.

Hey CC mate,

Sorry for putting my hand up in the beggining and then pulling out. Just didn't for see forking out almost 2.5K within first few weeks of ownership...DOH. Oh well new turbo, gearbox and HUGE service, she now runs like new so much more power!!! Just gotta pay off the credit card.....the car is now back in the garage till i can afford to pull it out again.

If i miraculously come across some cash in the next few days i'll let u know. BTW, would there be a 'Round 2' buy of these?

Cheers

Ando

Hey Ando no worries mate. As for the 2.5k yeah I could see that happening, it always does, hopefully you snuck some upgrades in there :D

There won't be a round 2 group buy because this one has shown there wasn't much demand as initially expected - just gimme a ring when you want to buy one.

I'll be sending PMs out to everyone to pay soon so we can close it off.