SAU Community

Idling Problem with and R33 GTS-t

Guest Ismail82

Originally posted by Lozza150

here's an oddball one....

Disconnect the battery for a couple of hours....

I've heard that the computers..."reset" themselves .....

If you still have the problem, I'm guessing that it has been repaird now

Never heard of that before :P

But no need to wait for a couple of hours.....

just put your foot on brake and all residual energy is lost and computer is reset......

However will not fix problem!

Your on the right track,

AFM, altho a SAFC isnt going to help if your AFM is dud.

Smelling fumes in cab isnt good.....Thought about and exhaust failure? Cat blockage or maybe steel fibre has come away from a muffler, trying to eliminate things here....

Yeah like the other guys said....Anything to do with feul changing....Pump Injectors(done) Idle air valve, Idle stepper motor, Intake air leaks....hhhhmmmm the symptoms are pretty weird tho maybe there is just a gremlin in there n u have to get him out!!!

I have a bit of an idling problem as well with my 32. After driving around for like half an hour and then park it, when starting up again the car will idle really low (from 1000 (normal) down to when it sometimes stalls). But after say 5 minutes it's all good again. Any ideas people?

Thanks

Scott

Some of you might like this story

One day my R33 GtST decided that "Normal" idle was 1100 rpm, great for new drivers, being able to change gears and not "Bunny Hop" the Skyline, Anyway... 3 days the idle did this...I went for a drive down Paramatta rd..(one end to the other) test out them shocks,

Halliluiya(english me good yeah?) .... idle back to Normal (700 ish).....

Maybe that's all it takes......

Whats the bet it will do it again tho....

Loz

• 2 weeks later...

Well I recently fixed this problem with my car,

There are several things to test/check/clean

1. I had to replace the o2 senser (my old one rattled internally causing all sorts of miss readings)

2. clean/replace the Afm (mine had a bad connection internally which caused the car to stall randomly)

3. clean/adjust Acc valve (mine was sticking)

4. ensure the ecu is not in diag mode (turn the fine screw all the way to the left on the unit. (this caused fast idle on mine)

I have a vent to atmo bov which many people told me was the problem this I have found to be untrue.

It would seem the moulitude of problems made mine hard to diagnose nobody had quite the same symptoms as me.

I was getting about 150 klm to a tank (running very rich all the time)

Car would die for no reason no matter what speed.

generally rough running.

my car is not yet perfict as i feel the plugs are fouled from running so rich for so long, but for so many things to go wrong with it at once is just freeky pleased to say all is good now smooth idle ect just seems to break down at high loads prob due to the plugs.

Hope this helps someone

Regards Damqik