SAU Community

GTR in the SMH drive section

ApleX

Yeha its a meaty looking piece of machinery.

I wonder if they are all already sold/pre-ordered yet....

There are still Z tunes availble to be purchased. Ideally Nismo would like 1 per country in the worlds major countries (US, AUS, UK etc...)

They say that Nismo's got the car down to a 10.06 0-400m.

Part of me wants to get it to dip in to the 9's. The other realises that doing so means it'll have to be caged for most drag racing venues internationally, so keeping it just above 10sec might be a strategic choice.

They say that Nismo's got the car down to a 10.06 0-400m.

Part of me wants to get it to dip in to the 9's. The other realises that doing so means it'll have to be caged for most drag racing venues internationally, so keeping it just above 10sec might be a strategic choice.

Nismo aren't really interested in 1/4 mile times out of the Z Tune (in fact I can't recall any time at all they've been into drag racing), so I doubt there was any strategy to the times it produced. I dare say they got the times as an indication of the acceleration capabilities of the car. The car is more aimed at street driving with the ability to take it to the track and not have to modify any of the cars components in doing so.

i thought the GTR34 ceased production in 2002 ? also would the odometre have a reading of 10km or <30,000km ?

nice car btw. well worth the 220g

It did..

The Nismo Z Tune is classed as a 2005 Model however the base cars used are all 2nd hand R34 GTR's with less than 30,000 K's. The car is rebuilt with ALL BRAND NEW parts so you could say that save for the original chassis and parts of the shell, it's a brand new car. Most body panels are new, the engine is completely new, the interior is new, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc.....

And the Odometer would start at 0km as Nismo install their own dash cluster brand new. I would happily call it a brand new car.. calling it 30,000k's old or a 2nd hand R34 GTR is getting rediculously pedantic to be honest.