SAU Community

is this stock?

cluster.JPG

hey guys just been looking at some dash's of other peoples skylines and realised they arnt like mine

i was allways under the impression my instrument cluster was like that from factory, but i could infact bewrong (btw its a s1 33)

my second question is: i just installed the boostguage the other day, and is it normal for it to be reading 1psi while the car is turned off?

thanks

-Ruffels

the white bit ive never seen before, probably just an el kit or white background upgrade

i dont see how the stock guage should be reading 1psi? when the car is off or at idle its -500mmhg which is absolute pressure, its definetly not 0psi or 1psi

strange that Bigmicky lol coz my mate dropped it when we installed it... it still works fine... but instead of reading 10psi when i full boost it reads 11psi, which would explain the 1psi lol

can it be fixed?

and does anyone have any further ideas on the guage surround in the dash?

thanks guys

-Ruffels

and yeah... ive still got the reciept, packet and all for the boostguage, i bought it from ricer barn.. do u recon they give me a new one if i take it back.. or wil they tell me it has to be repaired by speco?

-Ruffels

i reckon some one has just put that in the back of the cluster, and with your boost guage, i installed my boost guage myself, when connecting the constant make sure u connect the right one. And when i turn the car off, it ends up reading 1psi, but as soon as i turn the car on it auto zero's itself and is back to zero.

ive got an autometer tho, so its possibly different

You open up the cluster.. paint that bit.. aftermarket facia cards are available in the correct size in japan - you can get carbon fibre look, etc. So it's either one or the other.

With the specco, somebody has shoved something in there too far, and it has jumped up. You can get inside and there is a spring mechanism - you kind of shove it back and you can adjust it up or down el'dodgo style. My old gauge often needs stuffing around with to get back on 0psi.

sorted..

As i understand it:

The boost gauge will only read vaccum / boost when the engine is running. The gauge will sit slightly eityher side of zero depending on what the air pressure (ie - the weather) is. Doesn't always mean that it's been dropped.

Standard air pressure at sea level on a 15'C day is 101.3kPa, or 1Bar. That's 14.7psi iirc. Give or take a little based on daily changes.

Yep, the gauge will only display something other than zero when the engine is running :uh-huh: but 1psi is the air pressure at around 28,000ft.

Mark