SAU Community

Australian Club

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i like this page very informative and if people have any sence will understand what happen on the SDU forum, and accept it. Being sister clubs (same as affiliated to) is a must in my books. There is so much to learn from each other. I think it would be good if that quote from razor was on the SDU forum somewhere for all to see, if it isn't already. We are well on the way to getting this thing going, but theres still alot to do. To do it right we have to be methodical and check all avenues. I think we should start updating the people on the SDU forum regularly so they can see where we are up to. From what i can tell its still atleast 2 months minimum from being finished.

Thank you to the nz crew for coming on here and telling us whats what and showing support, cheers fella's.

I had been visiting SDU since I had my turbo pulsar from about june/july last year. I did notice the diminishing state of the General Forum, but I rarely posted in there anyway so it wasn't something I missed (or complained about when it was removed).

I appreciate SDU and will remain to visit the site and forums. I owe a lot of knowledge to those forums (and a helluva lot of friendships). They have made me recognise the community which Skyline drivers have. I would never have waved at another SKyline driver if i had never been to the forums, now i almost fall out of the window trying to get their attention.

The Australian Skyline club is moving along slowly, but surely. There are a few people from each state who are working [u:a2f47a70c2]very[/u:a2f47a70c2] hard to get it up and running, with CAMS affiliation and sponsors etc, it will be a good day when we can finally say that the club has been formed.

Being a sister club with SDU is a fantastic idea and I can see no reason why this shouldn't occur, RazorGTR i think it was you that said you were coming to Sydney? I will be sure to show you how a NOZILR drives. :mrgreen: !! perhaps we can organise a track day when you are here to get all the Sydney and ACT 'lines together.

Anyway, I will and have been working hard at this and wont stop until everybody is happy with the results. Including SDU, it would be a shame to lose the relationship which I personally have aquired with SDU.

Ciao y'all!

Christian.

btw, URINE and IMABUM smell.

Guest RazorGTR

Actually that was Lee coming over, though one day I aim to make the treck over. I have come this far and always wanted to see Australia.

Cheers for the kind comments guys. Lets hope we all can work together and in the future provide a wealth of quality information that would even make the Japs take notice. I know there are tuners here and in Australia that know enough to make these cars sing. We just need to keep the crap out that way everyone wins in the end :(

Guest [ryan]

I would do more to get a Skyline club running but there's one minor detail......

I DONT HAVE A SKYLINE!!! :(

so no point really....

Guest [ryan]

Ok well as much as you guys probrably dislike them i can possibly get Hot4's/HPI/ZOOM to sponser us. Sound like a good idea? Or would you rather not have sponsers like that?

Bring it on ryan!!!

Why would Hot 4's want to sponsor us? Fair enough on the other two. Tell us more dude.

Have you guys seen the new mag 'Speed' First issue was cool. Love the writing style those guys have. Makes the others seem like booring grandma mags.

Guest [ryan]

I could possibly get Speed or Street Machine on board..

Umm,, Wait and see..

Speed isnt that good - all the cars have been in HOT4's/HPI before........ Though i do like their photography...

Speed has a bit of a different angle on the whole car scene which I think is fresh and hip. They don't have [u:9a8aee0b54]just[/u:9a8aee0b54] cars. Yeah, their shots are good but I like the writing style. Kicks a***. Is the second issue out? If not, do you know when.

How would you get them on board ryan? Do you have contacts or something?

Guest [ryan]

yeah i got contacts.

I like how speed included other stuff than cars - that is cool. I wouldnt really call Speed a car magazine - more a lifestyle magazine for guys who like cars haha

I've been off the net for a while and have only read parts of this thread so I'll start by saying sorry if this has all been said before. Here's my $0.02.

I think affiliated state chapters of a club called, for example:

Skylines Australia, NSW

Skylines Australia, WA

etc.

Then the stickers etc. can either say the state or not. One website with regional forums etc.

If we have a national club we are going to end up with regions/states anyway. I have no clue from a legal/requirements point of view which is better to set up. I would think it would have to be Incorporated in at least one state anyway.

The various Porsche clubs are a good example. They are separate entities which all communicate and get together for nationals etc.

Personally I have no problem with SDU as a name, although SAU is good as well.

Either way an open line of communication between us and the Kiwis would be a good thing to keep. Just because they shut down their forums (which they are entirley in their rights to do) doesn't mean we should sever the ties.

I have the odd bit of spare time available so I'm happy to help in setting up the NSW club.

Guest Impul 25T
"]I would do more to get a Skyline club running but there's one minor detail......

I DONT HAVE A SKYLINE!!! :(

so no point really....[/quote:564eb26fe0]

Remember the NZ chapter of the club is for Skyline Enthusiast's..........