SAU Community

Australian Club

I think it's great that the Australian team are getting together formally as a club. Why? Because even though I'm a so called "Sheep rapist" etc, I'm pretty attached to my Aussie family in Queensland.

Yes there is heaps to learn from the NZ SDU thing - I've never been involved in the exec side of the club but have watched it as a observer and member for a long time. All clubs make mistakes, have issues etc, that is why there is such a huge market for business books - learning from others experiances. Look at what SDU did last year - moving from a national club into regional bodies (I'm still not sure of the benefits of that)

There are plenty of clubs around which work differently, some with mailing lists, some with just informational websites. I wonder how clubs existed before the net became popular?

The trick now is to take the strong enthusiam shown here and turn it into something concrete ASAP. Pick up the ball and run with it.

Go for it!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graeme I apologise on behalf of whoever said that. but thankyou for your words of encouragement.

Definately going to get the ball rolling. These bunch of clowns here are like brothers to me so they will do alright. Sooner the better.

haha yeha fully.. we got all the cool ppl on here man!!..

all we need is love.. all we need is love, love..

come on guys lets all sing along :([/quote:ca847f1d77]

Shells gonna be busy as i think she is the only chick here atm

lol unless u guys bat for the otherside.

I would just like everyone to know that it was GraemeWi who first told me about SDU so if it wasn't for him I would NEVER have met you guys....so I am eternally grateful to him (and you probably all want to kill him) but anyway.... :lol:

i think NSA is cool. The real problem is that there will be costs to set up the club - i think the only way to do this is get a person or few to back it to start with. A good aim is to get as many members who have never been to SDU before.. so we can really good a good amount of people.

I still like Skylines Australia the best

my thoughts was it was better to keep it as simple as possible, and I think everyone know's it's a Nissan.

But that said, i really don't care...as long as we start something!!! :( If everone goes with Nissan Skyline Australia then that's fine, I'm in...and keen!!!

actually just a thought...would we have to get permission at all to use the word Nissan?? From Nissan Australia or something?

Guest 33GTS25

i gotta tell you, that the NSA theme rocks (A= Agency not authority)

there seems to be a distinct lack of Qld'ers in here

i'll go and rustle up the boys now

count me in if you guys want someone here in brisvegas to help get things rolling although i am not sure what i can do as i have never even beein in a club before

rod

i've just came across from sdu and didn't even know this discussion was going on....i've been working on trying to get a little draft of different options for setting up a skylines club in australia. if everyone wants i'll try and post this up on the weekend and people can add to it or if it's crap just turf it.

at the present time what is everyone's opinions on having a club in each state but they all share the same name, forum etc. etc.

one idea is to have a club in each state with a president, vice pres. etc. which shares the same name, forum and stickers etc. and then have a couple of people that make sure each state is run in the same sorta way...they would kinda help in making member numbers standard throughout each state, and also possibly organising annual gatherings between all the states if possible.

the job of president, vice president etc. in each state would be to keep records of all members and looking after membership fees, getting discounts at certain shops, workshops etc., and organising social events.

this is only an idea....i'm just throwing my ideas around cause I really want something to happen while everybody is really into getting this going.