SAU Community

Australian Club

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no, I sit around at a uni, I am yet to encounter this concept of work. I get paid to suf the net and leech mp3... don't I? What do you mean no? Students? What? They need help? Me? What am I supposed to do? Training, Oh yeah I did that? Use it? You sure? What if they don't like me? They're uni students if they can't figure out how to log in to a computer they shouldn't be studying! what? I have to be tolerant? Damn this work thing sucks!

ok, here's the deal. we are going to have a seperate entity in each state which means a seperate set of rules. it's up to you guys in each state to form and develp your own rules and club. that being said we are still a collective national club so we do have to follow simmilar guidelines.

for your state talk to skyzerr33. he is your contact. if you wish to help him out you can put your hand up. that goes for anyone in any state.

WA- Skyzerr33

Vic- meggala

Qld- Squizz- Boostmeister

Nsw- URMINE- Prank- red900ss- PhishOz- ONARUN Canberra-Shell (canberra is a part of NSW)

These are your contacts for each state. As you can see nsw will most likely be the guinea pig for the Aus club. Again, if you wish to lend a hand (and that doesn't mean just posting on these forums but actually going out there and getting the job done) put your hand up.

George

Yeah well you'd think so. We could still have that as a club name if we really wanted to.

I think we really need to start looking at getting our own forums going now that SDU is gone. I love these boards, and will continue to come here but I think that the aussie skyline club needs to really start getting moved along.

Yeah well you'd think so. We could still have that as a club name if we really wanted to.

I think we really need to start looking at getting our own forums going now that SDU is gone. I love these boards, and will continue to come here but I think that the aussie skyline club needs to really start getting moved along.[/quote:76a090a395]

I think I'd rather have another name. These will be our forums as it will all be moved to the new website once it gets developed.

If you really want things to get moving along go out and help Squizz and Boostmeister.

Guys, it's up to you in each state to get things happening. No one will do it for you so don't just sit back and expect it to be sweet.

Howdy All,

Firstly, great job guys, if enthusiasm is anything to go by this club will not only get off the ground, but it will soon be hitting Mach 5, no problem. Where do I sign up?

I been on the SDU forums for a while now ( was "Nismomad" ) and am happy that the AUS version is kicking.

My suggestion is that we use what we have available, for example there is a club called the "Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club Inc". These guys held the Nissan Nationals for Australia last year. It was open to all Nissan Clubs and included event such as Welcoming BBQ, Concourse and Trivia Night, Winton Sprint, DECCA driver training, Country Drives, and a Presentation Dinner to award winners trophy's. Organising a large event like this to me means these guys know what they are doing. Why do it all our selves. These guys support Skylines so why not tag along to there National, why do we need our own. Lets not limit the amount of support or people who will show.

I have there contact details if needed.

Once again great job guys.

Hi Nismo,

We are already a fair way through setting this club up. We dont have much more to do to make it official. Thanks for the suggestions, but i think we will be seperate from that club.

Christian

in my firstish post i recommended the 'associate' style membership for non skyline owners.

onarun i dont believe you have not seen and experienced ryans conduct in SDU chat that i have. Last I heard he's got no money. He did photoshop a few peoples cars though.... not talking crap about him, just stating fact. playing devils advocate here, not being an arsehole, but are we going to let every 15yr old with a hard on for skylines join up?

ive co-organised almost every event in SE QLD since i joined SDU so i'd like to continue my involvment in the club as a contact at the moment with rod and cam.

onarun i dont believe you have not seen and experienced ryans conduct in SDU chat that i have.[/quote:f20b07ff9d]

no i haven't but i've met him on a couple of occasions and he is a good kid. maybe a bit irresponsible at times but still good at heart. if he starts acting up i'll be having a chat with him. that goes for anyone.

Last I heard he's got no money. He did photoshop a few peoples cars though....[/quote:f20b07ff9d]

none of your business nor mine. i'm sure he will find the money for the fee. if not i'll offer to lend it to him and he can pay me back later. i was young once too and pennyless. i know the feeling.

not talking crap about him, just stating fact. playing devils advocate here, not being an arsehole[/quote:f20b07ff9d]

i completely understand. but don't you think ppl deserve a second or even a third chance. if society were to outcast everyone that screwed up it would be one ugly place to live in.

are we going to let every 15yr old with a hard on for skylines join up?[/quote:f20b07ff9d]

damned right we are. you forget that the club is an enthusiasts club and if my grandma wanted to join she should be able to. there's a thing called discrimination that's a plague of society and i'll have none of that. besides, we are going to need all the financial members we can get. let me state again, if these 15 year olds break the rules action will be taken. we don't want a bad name afterall.

ive co-organised almost every event in SE QLD since i joined SDU so i'd like to continue my involvment in the club as a contact at the moment with rod and cam.[/quote:f20b07ff9d]

great, you've got experience. make use of it.

What good would it do to make anyone without a car a member ? I mean, we won't be closing the forums off to non members (will we :evil: ) and if anyone (ryan or anyone else) wishes to ride along with a member would anyone object ? I really can't see the point in having anyone without a car into the club at all anyway. Why would someone pay money to come along to events they could come to anyway ?

Well I do agree with what Prank said, new club, clean slate. But I think if we're gunna do it right, and for legalities sake, shouldn't members be over 18 ? Cause what happens if we make a minor a member, he comes along on a cruise and gets killed, or seriously injured ? I don't really know about these things, but I think to become any sort of financial member you should have to be over 18. Anyone else would be free to come along to some events of their own accord and stuff though I suppose.

Guest [ryan]

I'm more than willing to chuck in. Shortly i will have cash, and am more than willing to contribute as long as i am given a fair go.

Guest [ryan]
Well I do agree with what Prank said, new club, clean slate. But I think if we're gunna do it right, and for legalities sake, shouldn't members be over 18 ? Cause what happens if we make a minor a member, he comes along on a cruise and gets killed, or seriously injured ? I don't really know about these things, but I think to become any sort of financial member you should have to be over 18. Anyone else would be free to come along to some events of their own accord and stuff though I suppose.[/quote:675b5d2f1e]

Create a disclaimer. Create papers with terms in which each member, including myself, has to sign and agree to before joining the club. Which includes things like "will not hold the club or any member responsible in the case of an accident which was unintentional" or something like that?

or "i as a member of skylines australia acknowledge that by taking part in cruises etc could be putting myself at risk and will not hold any individual responsible" or something

either way i've been cruise alot, with alot of skyline people and i know i put myself at risk it's a risk i am willing to take. My parents are aware of who i cruise with etc, they are cool with it because they know i never drive with anyone i feel uncomfortable cruising with due to their driving style etc..

Birty,

The terms and conditions which will be signed by all members (or their parent/guardian's) will cover all accidents... These will probably be written by my father who is a barrister, so that we are covered if (god help us) anything does happen.