SAU Community

Nissan 200 SX S15

lol, flame proof undies?? u going to torch his ass?? =) So does the JDM S15 over perform the skyline or the other way round? i personally think that the S15 can be faster and perform better than the GTST but comparing with the GTR R34, does the S15 overpower and perform better??

Not me, but saying that a Silvia beats a GT-R on a Skyline forum is like some Honda fan saying an Integra Type-R will smoke a Skyline GTS-t; you're just asking to get flamed. :P

Stock for stock, I'd take a JDM S15 against an R33 GTS-t. Power output's the same but the S15 is a good 150kg lighter, which should help offset the lower torque the 2.0L engine makes compared to the 2.5. Less weight, a tighter suspension setup than the GTS-t, and a nicer diff should get the Silvia through a course quicker than the Skyline.

Stock for stock, or the same number of mods (rather than the same budget, since GT-R stuff costs more than Silvia stuff) I'd never bet against an R34 GT-R, unless I knew the driver of the GT-R was a complete muppet and the guy in the S15 was born holding a steering wheel.

Best Motoring might not be the ultimate proof, considering you can tell that some of the results are staged. There are a few videos where you can tell one driver has backed off or not running at max attack.

Then there's that "tuned motor" BMI race, with the hard tuned JZA80 RZ, FD3S, S15 and R34 GT-R. The S15 managed to get ahead and was leading into the final lap, when the R34 went in to the corner too hot and knocked the S15 and himself out of the race.

Maybe, on that proof, R34 GT-Rs are too understeery and their drivers are obnoxious idiots who crash in to other people....

There's another BMI video of 2 modified (but still NA) AE86's completely blowing away an R34 GT-R as well.

Actually yes i have to agree that the stock GTR R34 should be able to own the stock S15 on the straight. GTR is definitely in the other league. But in terms of 'traffic lights race', i think probably the S15 will get off faster at the start and then the GTR will soon overtake it. Am i right?

Depends on how many laws you're willing to break in your stop light drag race.

If you're willing to do a 7000RPM dump in your GT-R on the street, the S15's got no chance.

Yeah, because the GTR is AWD it means it launches better. But on low revs they tend to bog down.......still hammer a s15 though flipknot.

hmmmm I've had an S15 attempt to "chop" me from the lights, back when turbos were cactis.

and yeah... they look hot from the front, don't know what the back of that one looked like....

hmmm you guys really need to drive BOTH cars, and THEN make comments about them .... making statements because you think something is true does not make for a valid argument. When my S15 had just 165rwkw I did a 1.83 60' at AIR with street tyres - now anyone that know anything knows this will blow the doors off a stock R34 GTR start. And a stock R34 GTR would not catch up either - let me assure you. However, all you have to do is add a PowerFC and exhaust to an R34 GTR and you have a completely different story! Munro's R34GTR with just PowerFC and zorst ran a 12.1 at AIR and I think there was more left in it!

FYI if you really want to find out how good S15s are for yourselves, my S15 is for sale :) /insert shameless plug here

Check out This Link (click) for details. Read all the mods before you judge the price :D And yes, I realise the irony in me buying an R34 and trying to sell and S15 on Skyline forums :( - I am after a change, and really want to be able to take passengers and have a VIP style auto :(

Wouldn't the R34 GTR be in a different price range ($70,000 +)? I would have thought that a better comparison would be between a R33 or R32 GTR and the S15 (similar prices... 25k - 40k, a bit more for a R33 GTR though).

A GTR is basically a race car and tuned for the track. An S15 is a sports car and a GTST/GTT is a touring car. All are fast and sporty to drive. Head to head you need to decide which factors are most important to you and judge the cars on that. Outright performance - probably GTR, drivability - S15, drivability and practicality - GTST/GTT.

Just my thoughts - hope it helps someone :(