SAU Community

What to expect - Typical GTR setup

I believe this would be a setup, fairly typical of your average 'modded' gtr.

Here's what Ive just done, to my previously stocker RB26

R34 N1's

A/M Dumps s/s

700cc injectors

3" Mandrel Bend, SS Exhaust, Turbo Back

Hi Flow Cat

K&N Pods

Wolf 3D V4 Plugin ECU

That lot has pretty much chewed into my initial 'Stage One' budget, with a little left in the kitty for some dyno hours. I plan to run boost at 1.0 bar for street, and 1.2 for strip.

Im just curious as to what 1/4 mile time I should expect from that? I know a lot will depend on driver, conditions, track etc. but Id just like to know a round about figure. Im hoping to go mid 11's? A bit ambitous, or very possible.

Any advice is appreciated.

Im just curious as to what 1/4 mile time I should expect from that? I know a lot will depend on driver, conditions, track etc. but Id just like to know a round about figure. Im hoping to go mid 11's? A bit ambitous, or very possible.

No, I think you should run in the 11's, although high 11's :(

high 11's alot depending the hp your making and how well the car setup will launch

ie tyres, clutch, and how hard your going to be on it.

cefiro_pwa =got no idea as usual (take a look at the timeslip times verse hp in this forum)

these car are all cross australia unless we all can't drive (or are we going to get the Quote "my mates car" )

OK specs as follow:

G707160-7 GTR Ball Bearing Replacements 375 hp N1 Comp .42 a/r turbine

housing .64a/r

I should mention that Im currently running stock clutch, and by the looks of ppl opinions, I should refrain from trying 1/4 times without upgrading first. For now, I think I'll work on getting a really decent tune, Im really prepared to invest a bit of $$$ in this area.

I would do your clutch as a matter of priority as you may find it will let go under any serious load with the power you will be making, wether it happens on the dyno or at the strip