SAU Community

r34 turbo on rb20

they arent steel wheel. all skyline stock turbos have ceramic exhaust wheels so cant be boosted that high

you will be able to run a little more boost but not alot

putting a r33 or r34 turbo on a rb20 is a cheap upgrade but will max out at about 180-190rwkw

do a search because there is HEAPS of info on this

hey guys ive got a '89 gtst i was wondering if you could put the standard r34 GTT turbo on it  because their steel wheeled right?? big improvment..?  

thanks simon

R34 turbos and r33 series 2 turbos have a ceramic turbine wheels and nylon compressor wheels they would be a good upgrade for a rb20 and would have less lag then the s1 r33 turbos which have ceramic turbine wheel and a steel compressor wheel. Ceramic wheel is the weekest part of these turbo's should be good for about 1 bar on your rb20.

:rofl:

hmm ok then i was aware that s15's r33's and r33 s2's all had steel wheeled turbos because my mate has a s15 and its boosted up2 1.2 bar on stardard turbo and my friends said i could do that with a r32 turbo aswell

hmm ok then i was aware that s15's r33's and r33 s2's all had steel wheeled turbos because my mate has a s15 and its boosted up2 1.2 bar on stardard turbo and my friends said i could do that with a r32 turbo aswell

I tell you what, up the boost to 1.2 bar, and when you "somehow" lose all power and your cat seems to have some kind of ceramic object in it, dont be suprised.

Do a search and it'll become apparent that this exact thing has been discussed MULTIPLE times.

aren't the R34 turbo silighter bigger than the R33? (exhaust housing)

which means more power up top?

i have do a serach buy nothing i want to know come up.

I would be interestered to see exactly why these turbo's have lost their exh. wheel at such low boost levels.

From what I have gathered its not the overspeeding that seperates the ceramic bond from the shaft but rather heat.

EGT (Exhaust gas temps) increase ten fold when a car is run lean, is detonating or has retarded ignition timing.

Obviously hammering the car around a race track also builds up massive temps, but on the street there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to run decent boost through it providing the tune is all good.