SAU Community

whats the chance?

Hey guys,

been saving up and thinking of getting a GT-R for a long time. What's the chance of getting hold of a near stock, decent condition R32 GT-R (original rims, steering wheel, gear shift knob, exhaust, intsrument panel etc.) that's done under 100,000kms for under $25K?

I've looked at plenty of importing sites and searched the trading post etc., but they all seem to have random mods which i don't really like. And seeing as stock parts like the rims, and original interior parts are quite expensive, it'd be nice to just one that's as stock as possible.

What's the deal with the 15 yr rule to? When is it on the way out? (or is it?)

Thanks

VJ

Hey guys,

been saving up and thinking of getting a GT-R for a long time. What's the chance of getting hold of a near stock, decent condition R32 GT-R (original rims, steering wheel, gear shift knob, exhaust, intsrument panel etc.) that's done under 100,000kms for under $25K?

I've looked at plenty of importing sites and searched the trading post etc., but they all seem to have random mods which i don't really like. And seeing as stock parts like the rims, and original interior parts are quite expensive, it'd be nice to just one that's as stock as possible.

What's the deal with the 15 yr rule to? When is it on the way out? (or is it?)

Thanks

VJ

15 year rule = gone.

Import Stock GTR under $25K = no way, the only way is SEVS and that will push it over the $25K for sure - but it will be stock and have low Ks.

Best bet is to look at the ones already imported (there are stacks of them around).

Sounds like your looking for everything but want to pay nothing.

There arnt that many 100% stock gtrs for sale, but just check all the online car sites weekly, im sure you will find something eventualy

Sounds like your looking for everything but want to pay nothing.

Haha. Yeh, you could say that. But I don't think its too outrageous for an early model GTR (89-90).

I don't really need a 100% stock car, just want to make sure it has original suspension, rims, and interior (no holes in the dash, no too easy to repair). I don't mind exhausts or air filters as much.

I talked to the guys at J-spec, and they seem to think its pretty reasonable to pay $25K, in quite good condition, nearly stock early model car. That includes compliance, shipping, fees and possibly some new tyres.

I'll just have to see what happens. Undoubtedly there will be more money to be spent on rego and insurance, and repairs here and there.

Thanks for your input guys.

VJ