SAU Community

Whats wrong with my car

Just wondering...

We ***** an apparently "STOCK" R33 on saturday night. It looked pretty stock but who knows.

Our car has:

3" turbo back haust

Boost Controller (11psi high boost)

Blitz BOV and Standard (is this our problem??)

K&N Filter (were running a HKS one but it was too loud (and the foam was crumbling))

If the other was stock and we have this done to our car.. how could it be faster??

I had two in my car (including me) and he had 3...

I'm just shocked...

:eek:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Best place to see what you can to is Willowbank on tune and race nights. Next being Wed 19th. Cost $27 for you, car and one other(pit crew). It's pretty casual and you get as many runs as you can fit in depends on how many cars are there. See you there???

Originally posted by NismoGirl

But now its so slow I think I would be too embarassed to run it.

remember that you are racing against your personal best when on a track. whether a 10 second car is next to you or a 20 second car makes no difference.

Nismo Girl

Could be a number of things.

Weight (you had more people in it, my car is even slow with 3)

Clutch (yours may be slipping a bit )

Tyres (his may have been great off the line)

ecu (he may have had an aftermarket ecu which you can't see)

I wouldn't be to concerned abotu loosing, I used to get ticked off when I got beaten by gemini's and swifts but then I realised that so long as my car is running well then the fact is that the other person simply has a faster car.....bit like what people think when I beat them I guess, some spend more on mods than others ??

I'm not really *worried* or *stressing* about it its just that its a bit of a piss off really!!

I've gotta find myself a job before too long so we can keep the thing on the rod.

And Boostmeister... I had 2 people. He had three so weight wasn't really an issue.

why do you keep saying 'our' car and 'we' did this....

do you share the car? if so make the othe person fix it!!

if you can drive then the other person was lying when they said their car was stock or yours is very badly tuned

The payments for the car actually come out of my pay in the way. The rego and insurance is coming out of my pay in the bank. The petrol goes on my credit card and then my pay pays the credit card off..

Are you trying to say that its his car I just think its mine??

my wife drive our car all the time I don't ahve a problem with it you should see thelook on her face when I winded up the boost.

now we have stock turbo she wants the power back.

so guess what hte turbo is being hiflowed

cheers

meggala

some times you just loose my car looks stock but has lots of goodies as well and no noisy bov either

Three different people told me this car was stock after all going over and looking under the bonnet. I didn't go look cause i wouldn't of had a clue what i was looking for!!

He only just got it a few days before that. So ...

What internal mods can be done that cant be seen that could make him fasT??