SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

Dont talk too soon about no drags. I did do a 200 M drag session with UAS one time down at wakfield. It could be organised! Track, Drag, Drift, I dont care as long as it is done safe and not on the roads.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rereading my posts sorry I did come across a bit negative, I think the idea sounds great but I think to make all things fair as in the go part that in no way should it just be about track which is all I read in the first post about the new idea

Brett

:werd: to OZ and Buster!!!!  

yeah.. don't think show and go should just be about show cars and track cars... there is also drift and drag and they should be allowed to represent!

Its a show day, I would expect all cars of all types to be there.

Paul, I think it's a great idea :D

Brett, I think you got the wrong impression from Paul's original post. He wasn't expelling all drag cars... I know when I say "track", I mostly incorporate all circuit AND drag events into the one word :D

An example being, when little riceronis try to drag me at the traffic lights, I tell them to "Take it to the track junior!" ;)

The original idea of Paul's stemmed from the fact that seeing so many awesome cars in one spot just made him want to hop in and go for a burn!!! I'm sure more than one person wanted to hop in their car and thrash it around somewhere after talking shop all day with other skyline-nutters :)

I have to say though, that I'd hate for the day to be tainted by someone being over-enthusiastic and ripping out onto Oran Park circuit and promptly proceed to remodel their car. Perhaps WSID would be sliiiiiightly safer? They also have a huge carpark, and newbies seem to handle straight line driving slightly better than full circuit driving?

The only prohibitive factor I can see is the cost in hiring either venue for the day. We don't make much money on these Show 'n Shine days, and ALL of it goes to subsidising other events and club merchandise... So we can't afford to lose money on any events!

Just thinking out loud, feel free to flame me :)

Guest DIRTgarage
right!! :D  thats what we want!! all sorts of cars there to represent!!  so why are you only talking about show cars and track cars?!  or when you said go did you mean track and drag?!  then what about drift? :D
The drift boys use the kart track...the regulars can be run on the south circuit...8th mile drags on the straight. Run it on saturday... arrange a DJ and some refrehments for an after party and camping so you dont have to run off late in the arvo.

This is starting to get a little out of hand.... Organisational tasks for putting something like this one will be a complete and utter NIGHTMARE :D

I hope all of you people making the organiser's jobs harder will be on the organising committee, because none of this happens magically :) I know that OzGTR02V is going to volunteer a great deal of his time to help organise next year's SNS!

Perhaps before everyone's imaginations runs a little *too* wild, think about how much harder it will be to organise this proposed EXTRAVAGANZA :D Maybe we should keep these days seperated and run them at different times throughout the year.

Marshalling Oran Park South Circuit for the roundy-roundy boys, the main straight for the drag-queen boys and the go-kart track for the traction-challenged ALL AT ONCE would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

Guest DIRTgarage
This is starting to get a little out of hand.... Organisational tasks for putting something like this one will be a complete and utter NIGHTMARE :D

I hope all of you people making the organiser's jobs harder will be on the organising committee, because none of this happens magically :) I know that OzGTR02V is going to volunteer a great deal of his time to help organise next year's SNS!

Perhaps before everyone's imaginations runs a little *too* wild, think about how much harder it will be to organise this proposed EXTRAVAGANZA :D Maybe we should keep these days seperated and run them at different times throughout the year.

Marshalling Oran Park South Circuit for the roundy-roundy boys, the main straight for the drag-queen boys and the go-kart track for the traction-challenged ALL AT ONCE would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

Merli, I have already put my hand up....anyone else?

The drift boys use the kart track...the regulars can be run on the south circuit...8th mile drags on the straight. Run it on saturday... arrange a DJ and some refrehments for an after party and camping so you dont have to run off late in the arvo.

SkylineNats.

Merli, I have already put my hand up....anyone else?

Excellent!!! You're a star Paul :D

For anyone else who is kind enough to give up roughly 3 months of their time after work leading upto this event next year, please PM me and we'll contact you when organising starts next year!!!