SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

I'm looking for someone to sponsor my work van actually (serious).

/waves at SAU :rofl:

Kyle & Jackie'O (2DayFM) were happy to sponsor (pay for every drop of fuel she uses) a 1982 Mazda 323 provided that her car was painted in the "Black Thunders" paint scheme. To me that sponsorship deal would be worth about $8k/yr.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest two.06l
Well, I certainly won't say that it is not possible...

*mind is going flat out already*

:D

Get Dumar to bring the portable dyno for some night runs.....awesome!!

*mind is going flat out already*

That is because someone mentioned "show n shine, trackday and drifting" all in the 1 sentence and you don't know how to be in all places at once :D

You guys are nuts :D

A Show and Shine is a Show and Shine

A Track day is a track day

A Drag Day is a drag day

A Drift day is a drift day

Spread the fun :)

Show and shine's hit an entertainment peak very quickly. Personally i would love to see a "Skyline" show. I am sick of going to show and shines and not being able to see if the car actually runs and can idle(trust me ive seen it).

I welcome any idea/show where it combines a SnS and driving events.

c mon SAU....lets not put the skylineNats idea in the too hard basket....it can be organised Stacey, Myself and the lads from DIRTgarage have already agreed to assist....two of our crew are also DJ's and have said they would be keen to participate.

Oh no.... we're not turning this into a battle of the DJs also are we?:chairshot :matrix::uh-huh: :Pimp2:

Oh no.... we're not turning this into a battle of the DJs also are we?:chairshot :matrix::uh-huh: :Pimp2:

That's it! Battle vinyl, at the ready!!! :jk: :Dj: Haha, I'm not gonna claim to be a gun DJ anyway. I get by, though... Got plenty of house and some breaks tunes, and can probably secure at least one more friend to help DJ if necessary.

On to the main topic though, I was thinking maybe having separate days, maybe one with Unique at Oran for a drift/circuit day, and then another event (maybe 6 months later?) at WSID for the drags and SnS (and maybe skid-pan?).

But then I thought:

a) a combined UAS/SAU drift/circuit day would probably be the same as a UAS day on its own, and attract barely any more individuals and cars as any other circuit day held by UAS, especially if there was no SnS element;

B) the same would probably apply to a drags/SnS day, with maybe just a small percentage greater attendance for the "Show" part of the day; and

c) I have no idea on how much more having separate events may cost.

IIRC, someone did mention that using Mingara was pretty easy on the Club's resources (as in monetarily, and relatively speaking, of course), in comparison to hosting the event somewhere down here.

Personally, I don't mind that the show is at Mingara (gives me the chance to get away from Sydney and see some friends and relatives who live on the Central Coast), but maybe a larger concreted area should be considered and requested next time around, if possible. I think the bogging issue, although minor this year, might be a concern if the weather is not as nice to us next time around, and I think a lot will agree that car photos look better when taken on a tarmac surface.

I'll volunteer for next year too, unfortunately I got there fairly late this year and had to leave early, so even though I did put my hand up initially, I couldn't really offer much help on the day (sorry guys...).

Cheers, and thanks all for an undoubtedly great day,

Nick T.

For anyone else who is kind enough to give up roughly 3 months of their time after work leading upto this event next year, please PM me and we'll contact you when organising starts next year!!!

Merli;any way of helping from Canberra without clocking 600 kilometers every time something needs to get done in Sydney? 'Cause if there is,I'm one of your helping hands;whatever we do(and I seriously rate the all-in-one show'n'go idea), I'm happy to help from afar! This offer will still be good come time to organise,you can quote me on that! PM about to be sent!

Guest DIRTgarage
You guys are nuts :rofl:

A Show and Shine is a Show and Shine

A Track day is a track day

A Drag Day is a drag day

A Drift day is a drift day

Spread the fun :)

We are not saying STOP having track day, drift days and drag days....they will still occur throughout the year....think of it as an extra day that you can "show and go" at ....SkylineNats are go!

EDIT:looks like the Victorians have beaten us to the punch..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=81210

I am in for it and a great idea as the Easter the Zed Nationals at Wakefild and it was a huge success with show and Shine and Track Events on different days or could do same day. At the the SAU Show and Shine I was kinda frustrated walking around all that horse power without getting out to press the loud peddle.

I am sure catering for both would be a hit as it was at Easter. We can get Wakefiled or Oran no probs or with more planning and longer and harder to book we could get E Creek which I have already put my name down a few months back for a Sunday next year have to wait until around January to get a date as the big boys get preference.

Guest DIRTgarage
I am in for it and a great idea as the Easter the Zed Nationals at Wakefild and it was a huge success with show and Shine and Track Events on different days or could do same day.  At the the SAU Show and Shine I was kinda frustrated walking around all that horse power without getting out to press the loud peddle.

I am sure catering for both would be a hit as it was at Easter.  We can get Wakefiled or Oran no probs or with more planning and longer and harder to book we could get E Creek which I have already put my name down a few months back for a Sunday next year  have to wait until around January to get a date as the big boys get preference.

John, oran park has lights on the main straight.......i can see night drags coming on!

I can contact ANDRA and see where the old tree and timing equipment is located from the old eastern creek set-up