SAU Community

Drift1 racing Intercooler kits

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piping kit arrived in good condition and I installed it on friday the day I got it. I'm not sure but the kit may seem like it is more suited to R33 maybe? I had to drill out the mounting brackets to pull the intercooler in further so that the front reinforcement bumper would fit over, sits a bit lower than i expected over the thermo fan and a bit close to the top radiator hose. Also something that I realised with these kits is that they seem to pick up a bit of heat through there trip to the intake piping so i think they would benefit greatly from heat wrapping.

Just a bit of constructive critism. If anyone has any question in installing kits onto an R32 feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Hey mate, I'm interested in the full kit for my R33.

Just making sure, is it $530 delivered, even to Perth?

Also, would you be able to send me one of those installation guides so I can have a look? I've pmed you my email.

Just got my car 2 weeks ago and haven't really pulled bits off a car before; would it be recommended that I get a pro to install it for me or is it simple enough for me to give it a go?

yummy I dont have cooler instock.. Just jap has the cooler you need 600 x 300 x 76 mm with 3" inlet/outlet... YEs 350 for the piping delivered anywhere in aust..

Baz: When I installed the kit I lined up everything first before I installed it. Mark it all out, I planned everything before I did the chopping. This way I knew the kit would go together nicely.. But it did take be 10+ hrs to do it. So did you mark everything out first? did ou plan everything, made sure you cut the hole in the right spot so the piping would be as far away from the fan as possible etc... Maybe posting up some pics of your work? :cheers:

have u got a pic of the cooler itself that u sell, because im lookin' at getting a kit for my r33. also before i purchase can someone send instructions to install it to [email protected]

so i can see what is involved, coz i ahve no idea how to fit it into the series 2 front bar . thanks

hey mate, I'll send you the manual via email if I can.. I have been having trouble with my email :)... They manual will should you what to do..

I would recommend getting the cooler from just jap $5 cheaper and it is just the same as mine.. Besides I have no cooler left.. You need the 600 x 300 x 76 with 3" inlet outlet.

• 2 weeks later...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• WELL IF ANYONE HAVE HIS PERSONAL CONTACT DETALS PLESE PM MEWell does any one have his contact details othe than in SAU? IF ANYONE DOES HAVE HIS CONT
    • I dm’d him about 6yrs ago and he still hasn’t opened/replied lol
    • G30-770. So long as you're talking engine horsepower, and not some bullshit wheel/axle/mystery horsepower.
    • It's a lottery, no one is going to be able to predict how much HP YOUR engine is going to handle as history has a huge part to play.    As examples though. I have one rb26 on 630rwhp, running 16 years now at that level, track use, only a couple of times a year.  Another 790rwhp, about 2 years now, driven every weekend.    If i was to give you a "safe" number I would say 450rwhp on 98 and 550-600 on e85.  Seen plenty of motors pop with less though too      
    • Fair play on the 120k, sorry just live in nanny Aus.  High rpm on cruise would kill me too.    On the gears, its not just first, so beside the fact I really enjoy that nice punch you get when you accel in first. 2nd is all messed up in the gearsets too. Most people I know with gearsets(even sequentials) have to drop into 1st for tarmac rally slower corners as second gear is too low in rpm, its painful. Translate to the street, I am using a 2.3 gear out of a low speed turn, gearset you got a 1.7 second. I can tell you now between my two cars which one is a LOT more fun.    On a track its a different story, once the car is moving the gearset ratios are supreme, 1st gets you going on a big rpm launch, then 2nd is no issue for the corner speed on most tracks.    Yer the price sucks  , old enough to remember these selling for $1500usd here in Aus.