SAU Community

R33 + Ls1 V8

Soarer V8 is the sweetest, but that's my opinion.

I just don't think the garage is complete without a V8 of some type. I'm not keen on the latest Holden 8's though. Sound like a vacuum. Be nice to hear what the remus does for Vusters'.

Soarer V8 is the sweetest, but that's my opinion.

I just don't think the garage is complete without a V8 of some type. I'm not keen on the latest Holden 8's though. Sound like a vacuum. Be nice to hear what the remus does for Vusters'.

Here you go Geoff. Maybe a loud vacuum? :thumbsup:

http://users.tpg.com.au/mcurro/clips/ls2Re...sRaceSystem.WMV

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of things, that wing, that wing does absolutely nothing for me, put the bloody gtr wing on if u want it looking like that ! The twin cannons. hmmm look like, a little bit odd, but i would need to see it in person. Alot of damn work has gone into it. At the end of they day, damn great thing he has done, something different. What he really needs on it tho, is a nice stroker kit, u reckon you could fit a twin turbo set up in there, hmmm hardly looks like it.

But its not in vic, so i cant say. Change the cover colours !!!, hehe.

love to see it on fullboost one of these days :rant:

Oh and nothing sounds better than an old carbifed v8... mmm rumble

Edited by Coupe-This

• 3 weeks later...

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME ,EFFORT & MONEY- I HAVE A LS1 STATESMAN & A 96 R33 GTS-t SKYLINE & I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE SKYLINE WINS HANDS DOWN FOR INSTANT PERFORMANCE & HANDLING & THRILL FACTOR. THE LS1 WOULD HAVE TO BE THE MOST DOUGHY , WEAK V8 I HAVE EVER DRIVEN , & UNTIL YOU WIND IT UP OVER 5000RPM ITS AS WEAK AS P.SS. STICK TO THE BEST 6 CYLINDER DONK EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

to those saying it'll be too heavy, or heavier than a VH45 ...

the car with LS1 & T56 now weighs 10kg less than it did with the RB25DET

ive seen a Z32 300ZX with the same conversion and it dropped 150lbs from the VG30

OHV all alloy V8 = very light

OHV all alloy V8 = better weight distrobution too, as it can be mounted further back in the engine bay (OHV and V configuration means its very compact for its capacity). There are guys on the RX7 forums retaining the 50:50 weight distrobution running LS1s instead of 1.3 rotarys.

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME ,EFFORT & MONEY- I HAVE A LS1 STATESMAN & A 96 R33 GTS-t SKYLINE & I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE SKYLINE WINS HANDS DOWN FOR INSTANT PERFORMANCE & HANDLING & THRILL FACTOR.  THE LS1 WOULD HAVE TO BE THE MOST DOUGHY , WEAK V8 I HAVE EVER DRIVEN , & UNTIL YOU WIND IT UP OVER 5000RPM ITS AS WEAK AS P.SS.  STICK TO THE BEST 6 CYLINDER DONK EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

What do you expect from a luxobarge? The car weighs 2 tonne. I haven't heard anyone trying to compare a statesman to a skyline.

I've seen the car in the flesh and its a very nice conversion - and my god does it sound good. Plus 429rwhp is a fair amount in anyone's book.

I'm all for thinking outside the square...We have an LS1 about to make its way into a RWD Nissan platform too...

Jash

• 3 weeks later...
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME ,EFFORT & MONEY- I HAVE A LS1 STATESMAN & A 96 R33 GTS-t SKYLINE & I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE SKYLINE WINS HANDS DOWN FOR INSTANT PERFORMANCE & HANDLING & THRILL FACTOR.  THE LS1 WOULD HAVE TO BE THE MOST DOUGHY , WEAK V8 I HAVE EVER DRIVEN , & UNTIL YOU WIND IT UP OVER 5000RPM ITS AS WEAK AS P.SS.  STICK TO THE BEST 6 CYLINDER DONK EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!

My "lux-0-barge" does 12.5 @ 109mph and would beat a lot of the cars on here. Stock they are doughy as they are supposed to be smooth and comfortable, not a sports car.

Now i have both and about to turbo the f**ker too. 380rwkw anyone?? hehe

• 1 year later...