SAU Community

how R32gtst to R32gtr look

hi guys i got a question here, if i want to change my r32gtst to r32 gtr look

do i just need to source the r32 gtr bonnet, front bar and front guards?

or there is something else need to be replaced?

what about the headlights are they the same?

thanks a lot for helping

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll have to change or modify the bonnet latch also for the bonnet to close and get the front grill, the killer is the rear guards which are obviously part of the chassis that will need to get replaced. Headlights should be ok as long as they have the brackets for the front grill.

Also if you change the front guards you'll need to change the side indicators as GTR ones are larger than GTS.

So after all this is it worth having a fake GTR? You decide.

I've seen a black example on the net that had the stockies from a 34 GTR, looked H-O-T.

I was tempted for awhile to get a GTR 'style' kit for my 33 but I decided to just wait a few years until I can afford to buy a real GTR (34 preferrably :D ) but if you have the free time and funds then go for it. Any skyline looks hot imo, even the 31s look good compared to other cars of it's day, Enjoy your car and good luck if you plan to go ahead with it

My 32 has GTR bonnet and grill, and wing.

I prefer the gtr bonnet than the gtst. it klooks better, and is waaaay waaaay lighter. just gotta take the wing off :thumbsup:

but its a pain in the ass to open the bonnet.

hi guys i got a question here, if i want to change my r32gtst to r32 gtr look

do i just need to source the r32 gtr bonnet, front bar and front guards?

or there is something else need to be replaced?

what about the headlights are they the same?

thanks a lot for helping

First thing you need is a bitch-slap upside your head.

Dude... why? :chairshot

Save the money and buy a R32gtr :uh-huh:

B-eer (spelling?) in Japan have a R34 gtr conversion/kit bout 10k befor freight, fitting and painting!

Trust me...

Save the money and buy GTR their coming down in price!!! might get a good trade in on the GTS-T + 10k saved from the front conversion = at least 15k, just another 5k from base GTR + insurnace.

Don't dress mutton up as lamb- we all know the difference! might take a couple of bites but in the end we'll find out.

GTR is the way to go! :uh-huh:

Good luck

Dude... why?  :chairshot

I can think of plenty of reasons...only reason against is the cost of swapping over the rear guards etc. Sadly the cost is the reason why i would never consider it:(

Main reason for; do a search and find footage of a yellow RUF Porsche at the'Ring, car was called Yellow Bird i think...exciting handling and RWD:thumbsup:

So get tuff looks, wider track and lighter/better weight distribution plus a hole list of advantages which i wont bother going into...cause one day i will win lotto:)

edit http://www.tremek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10070

It is one of the vids in the above link...cant imagine a more fun weekend, closest i wwill ever come is in a semi powerful Skyline at Winton:(

I can think of plenty of reasons...only reason against is the cost of swapping over the rear guards etc. Sadly the cost is the reason why i would never consider it:(

Main reason for; do a search and find footage of a yellow RUF Porsche at the'Ring, car was called Yellow Bird i think...exciting handling and RWD:thumbsup:

So get tuff looks, wider track and lighter/better weight distribution plus a hole list of advantages which i wont bother going into...cause one day i will win lotto:)

R32 GTR Fuse box - particullar fuse = RWD fun :uh-huh:

Starts rainning on track put back fuse! :D

Front bar - 400 odd

rear guards - get fibreglass overlay, about 1k fitted by carmate (from memory)

bonnet - buy one with latch for 500ish

then you left with sourcing front guards if you can be stuffed.

does anyone know where can i get aftermarket gtr style kits for my gtst cheap!!?
Jetspeed in Clayton have a GT-R copy front bar (although I reckon it's way too wide). Also japanese Motorsports in Adelaide (I got mine from there, but it needed a fir bit of extra work to make it strong enough).

And I think places like Autobarn have the rear wings. Or any wrecker (check Zoom1 / HPI advertisers).