SAU Community

help no dereg paper

Mad

I have an import sitting here with no dereg papers.. can someone tell me how to trace down the orignal doc so I might be able to comply my car.. or i guess I just wreck the thing

What year and what type of car and where is it sitting man?

I have an import sitting here with no dereg papers.. can someone tell me how to trace down the orignal doc so I might be able to comply my car.. or i guess I just wreck the thing

Who was the agent and why can't they get it for you?

My mate got a build date for his 89 mercedes from merc aust. They just faxed him a letter to verify its age.

sxygtst>>>> I bought the car off a mate who bought the car off the importer...BUT... my mate says he has NOT! got the paper and the importer says he gave all the neseccery paperwork to my mate.

brett33>>>> I cant see how knowing the build date helps with finding any dereg papers?

sticky situation you're in man!

But, in order to get an import approval, you are required to have de-reg papers. Well, that was the case with my 15yo import...

So, find out who sent in the import approval as they should have the dereg papers.

not sure what u mean by who sent in the import approval? The guy who imported the car was a sole trader and since the new laws have come into effect he no longer imports as he never applied for a RAWS licence, Also the import approval was issued by dep of transport canberra I think. I have been in contact with them and basicly they have told me tuff titties...NO DEREG PAPER NO COMPLIANCE.

brett33>>>> I cant see how knowing the build date helps with finding any dereg papers?

The dereg papers are to prove the age of the vehicle. Nissan maybe able to obtain a bulid date from your VIN No. That is exactly what my mate did.

you would need to speak to the importer and get him to get the dereg papers, when i got mine, my contact over there just got me a new copy of the dereg papers and posted it to me,

if you know someone over there, you should be able to get a copy of the dereg papers through the authorities provided the car was deregistered correctly over there...

brett33>>>> I understand there is a build date on the dereg paper but the main purpose of the paper is to prove the vehical was deregestered in japan and not stolen...

oRiCLe>>>>> When you say authorities who do you mean?

I have been on the phone to a RAWS dealer and he has taken my VIN number and is going to try his contacts in Japan for me. I think this is my only option before selling the car at a loss.