SAU Community

GReddy pronunciation??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clear up an argument between the boys at the workshop is GReddy pronounced as G-Reddy in like two words or is it GReddy as one word like gredy?? If any one knows 4 sure it would b gr8!

i'm pretty sure its G-Reddy, because of the two capitol letters, it's pretty funny when people pronounce it gredy

Guest DIRTgarage
i'm pretty sure its G-Reddy, because of the two capitol letters, it's pretty funny when people pronounce it gredy

ill second that

well i hear both G-Reddy and Greddy.....i dont think have the first two letters upper case means anything significant like thats how you say it. I personally say Greddy.

I always thought GReddy was Gee (as in whiz) and Ready (as is ready, set, go) :burnout:

They have a GRex as well, so I reckon that's Gee (as in whiz) and Rex (as in the wonder dog). No reflection on the quality of the product of course.:innocent::innocent::innocent:

from what i underdstand...

name - how they pronounciate it - how i say it

Rotora - Ro-ta-rah - ro-tor-a

Bride - Bree-doo - breed

Ruf (German tuner) - roof - Rough

Eibach - I-Bock - E-bahk

Tanabe - Tah-Nah-Beh - ta-nah-bee

Tein - tain - tee-N (means TEchnical INnovation)

Defi - def-ee - def-ee (french for challenge)

5Zigen - Go-Zee-gen - five-zee-gen (means 5th dimension)

Apexi - apeh-ku-shu - apeks-e (actually called apexera. i stands for integration for non-japan distribution)

fujitsubo - foo-Gee-tsu - fu-jit-su-bo

cusco - koos-ko - koos-ko

impreza - im-press-ah - im-preZ-ah (not that u guys really care)

mcdonalds - mak-doo-nah-rooh - maccas

thats all i have for now, i've got more just cant remember them all

oh and although Greddy is suppsed to be grrr-eddy i still say G-ready cos it sounds better imo

actually i remember reading somewhere or on a motoring video the guy who started it, his name is eddy or something like that, and its integrated into the name of the brand...i'll see if i can dig up the history or watever

what shits me is when people dont spell A'PEXi preoperly, they forget the apostrophe and write apexi. I never say the "i" either.

I think ill put a spin on the Great Eddy debate too, aparantly this was from the us trust site.

greddyABOUT_06.jpg

I think I win..

I've got a new one for some of you guys:

pe·dan·tic (pə-dăn'tĭk)

adj.

Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.