SAU Community

car accident

Guest tkch55

Guest tkch55

friend of mine who drives a black r33 gtst was ran into on late sunday night 24/7 in chatswood, intersection of albert ave and pacific hwy

my friend was doing a right turn to pacific hwy while a gold holden premier ran the redlight from north to south direction and hit it on the drivers side

drivers side panels are damaged throughout, luckily my friend was not injured (shows how tough skylines are)

the young driver (around 20s) of the holden premier drove off quickly after that and turned into a no-through backstreet.

realising that the skyline still drives fine (!!), my friend turned into that street to find him

the holden premier was parked on the side of the road, with it's rego papers on the dash. driver of the car is already gone.

we have contacted the police and they came down almost an hour after that, they opened the car and searched it. found some drugs and a couple of baseball bat.

they left the drugs in the car and told us that there's nothing much they can find.

then they took statement from my friend and left

they also checked the holden premier, it's not reported stolen, and is currently registered under an address in tumbi umbi up in central coast, good hour and half drive from chatswood.

we took the address down from the rego paper on dash and left after the police's done.

on the next day, police contacted my friend, they said that they've contacted the owner, the owner of the car said that the car has gone missing from his house since 5 weeks ago. the police then suggested to put it down as stolen. and told my friend that there's nothing more they can do

they also told my friend that they went back half an hour later and the car's not there anymore

now, it sounds a bit suss to me. as if anyone sees their car missing from their house, would not report it stolen straight away, if the car's stolen, they wouldn't risk getting caught by going back for the car

there's a few things that the police could have done, such as checking fingerprints on that car at the time when we were there or even go to the address to see if the car's really stolen or not. and yet they are reluctant to do anything about this and just said sorry nothing more we can do

they didn't do anything about the drugs found in the car either, they just left it in the car and didn't say anything

my friend went to the police office on the next day after they've called him, and they refused to even discuss the case with him, and asked him to leave.

so today my friend borrowed my car and took it up to the owner's address in central coast to see if that car's there. here i am at work kinda worried about my car

but i mean, isnt this the police's job? now my friend decided to do the investigation himself, not that there's much he could do but at least he needs to know who's liable so he can take it up in the civil court

the gold holden premier wasn't damaged too badly, but mainly the 2 out of 4 grill mesh on the headlight fell off, few creases on the front quarter panels upon close inspection, and minor black paint marks on the chrome front bumper but not very visible. the chrome front bumper's also dented and not straight either, but not very obvious

few scratches on the bonnet due to brocken glass fell from my friend's car

if anyone can let me know if they see this vehicle in chatswood and central coast area, feel free to pm me.

try the police again, and tell them you make a complaint if they don't investigate properly.

also you can probably still sue the owner though might not have any property to sue for. need to do a title search on their name and see if they own any property.

Guest tkch55

latest update from my friend who is currently in the local police station in tumbi umbi

the holden was reported found the next morning after the car's reported stolen, at the retirement village near the address of the owner...

so... sounds like the car wasnt stolen in the first place?

bob: cheers for the advise, i'll let my friend know!

Did the car that was 'found' in tumbi umbi have any damage (like the one in Chatswood did)? I only ask because the owner may have returned the car to the area and claimed to have found it, simply to cover up the fact that he was driving it the other night when the incident happened in Chatswood. Only a thought...

Why wasn't the car reported stolen in the first place? 5 weeks and they didn't notice it missing or something? If his d*ck dropped off I wonder if he'd notice it missing!

And how can the cops not wonder why it wasn't reported stolen in that time? Great service their doing for the community...

I hope the car is insured. Get your mate to talk to his insurance company and let them do the investigation.

they dont want to investigate

coz this time a skyline is the victim.

if a skyline had ran a red and smacked into someone and made a run for it, it'd be on ACA or Today tongiht the next night

dont expect the cops to help, in my experience they never have for me or others i know. i have pretty much figured out that unless someone really gets hurt or there is drugs/alcohol involved, they dont give a crap.

Guest tkch55

well first of all my mate's just bought this car one mth ago

he was still looking for the best quote from insurance companies before he goes ahead insuring it, so it wasn't insured

the car "found" in tumbi umbi was actually damaged just like the one found in chatswood, so no doubt it was the same car

local police in tumbi umbi was more than helpful, the people there are really friendly and offered their best to help

my friend only had to say the first three digits of the rego of the "stolen" car and the tumbi umbi police already knew what he was going to ask and provided him with full details, they're tops

the neighbours said that they've seen that car around the area in the last 1 week, it's so loud that it's impossible not noticing it, so obviously the car wasn't stolen

i mean wasn't the chatswood police meant to be doing all this instead of my mate?

i still can't get over the fact that they just said "sorry nothing we can do" when they told my mate that they've just filed the car as stolen

oh and did nothing about the pot found in the stolen car, and refused to talk to my mate about it when he went to police station then asked him to leave

it's so obvious that they're trying to decrease their workload..

Guest tkch55

oh and i agree with the "skyline's the victim so they aren't willing to help" statement

one of the police who came after the accident was the one who previously followed me for around 200m then pulled me over for a random breath test for "driving a skyline at night", after asking him why he picked me out of all other cars out there. i asked him to elaborate on that statement, he just said "skyline drivers are just criminals"

Maybe the bloke that owns the old holden would find it hard to drive at night with no headlights, tail lights and possibly even no windows :huh: If your not going to get fixed up for the cost, you have to level the playing field a bit.

Cheers

Matt

Guest tkch55

chatswood police's probably the most usless police i've seen

my mate's been pulled over by them once in artarmon during the day for RBT before the accident, and their rudeness was absolutely shocking

my mate was driving in hampden rd, going towards st.leonards, he then saw a cop car driving towards chatswood

from his rear view mirror, the cops tried to do a u turn at the roundabout near artarmon stn, but for some reason they had to do a 3 pt turn (he saw the reverse light coming on)

and then they caught up with my mate, and followed him until the next roundabout then pulled him over

the conversation was exactly like

"RBT, blow into this"

*then my mate does it*

"pull it off"

*my mate gets a bit pissed at his attitude and then pulls it off*

"show me your licence"

*gives him the licence, getting pissed off and felt like driving away, but had to wait for like 5 minutes caus they've got the licence and performing a check on him."

then the cop gave him the licence back and left, without saying anything

mind you, my mate treasures his R33 so much that he's never even revved it past 5000rpm, or full throttled it, let alone doing something stupid on public rd

about the accident, there's no news so far, he's gave the details to some kind of private investigation service and gather as much evidence to present to the police as possible, since they're doing jack

I was just reading that and it shocks me how bad the cop situations getting. and also they fact that we can't do anything about it.

It sucks that they've scapegoated skyline drivers for all their problems and can get away with things like this.

I got nothing against police they do a great job but it just feels a bit unfair.

Guest tkch55

i mean there's the good cops and bad cops

the tumbi umbi police are nice and helpful, i've also had small talk with some hwy patrol who RBTed me at rbt stations, and hornsby police were nice and friendly (i've talked to a few senior ones before, not because i did anything wrong tho)

i personally don't have anything against police

but then again, gathering from my experience and my mate's experience, it seems like the junior ones and female cops are usually arrogant, but the seniors are nice and friendly in the sydney metropolitan area

but up in the central coast, the police is great whether they're seniors or juniors

i mean there's the good cops and bad cops

the tumbi umbi police are nice and helpful, i've also had small talk with some hwy patrol who RBTed me at rbt stations, and hornsby police were nice and friendly (i've talked to a few senior ones before, not because i did anything wrong tho)

Country cops piss on most city cops.

Chatswood I know they got a bad attitude due to the types they get their. I doubt Auburn/Bankstown Police are any better.

Hornsby is quite ok - had some run-ins.

Seriously I'd document this, see a lawyer and draft a letter to police inquiries. The evidence is there as it were, it just needs someone to follow it up. The lack on interested in the drug is disturbing. And how they left it there in the car deserves someone being suspended.

Do you leave drugs at the scene of an incident???

T.

i have pretty much figured out that unless someone really gets hurt or there is drugs/alcohol involved, they dont give a crap.

Not entirely true... back in April 05 I was "bottled" during a lunch break in the middle of the city. Hurt like hell, blood and all - call the cops. Take their sweet ass time to get to my office to take a statement and then say "there's not much we can do now, we'll keep an eye out for the suspect".

End result:

No contact for 4 months and 3 stitches, and a scar on my ear!

"skyline drivers are just criminals"

This cop should have the following done to him:

1) Go through basic training AGAIN

2) Be suspended on grounds of unfair discrimination

3) Be shot, locked away, put in a home or a combination of all three!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident dude, hope it works out all good. The whole story sounds soooo SUSS! Almost as though the cops condoned the whole thing and turned a blind eye.

I think you should take this further for sure~

Good Luck