SAU Community

How to replace front parking light?

Sydneykid

OK I give up, how do I get the parking light out to replace the globe? I have undone the obvious philips head screw on top of the headlight. But the parker is attached at the bottom somehow.

:P

It's a friction clip, just pops out. I had the same trouble, but i also had to remove my eyelids to get it off. same as the rear lights, they feel like they're going to break off, but it's just a really tight clip

Once it is loose you should be able to get a screw driver in the gap behind the parker light, use a torch as well and try and leaver it off a bit, getting as close to the clip as you can, after a lot off pulling and leavering it should just pop off, feels like its going to break, and then you'll say OH it was just that little dam clip. :hellpisd:

• 1 month later...
do the headlights need to come out, too get the parker globes?

Nope, just undo the philips head screw that holds the parker assembly onto the top of the headlight assembly. Then pull the parker assembly straight forward by slipping a couple of fingers behind it. It is very tight, just make sure you pull it straight, not up or down or outwards.

:wub: cheers :wub:

Edited by Sydneykid

• 5 months later...
Nope, just undo the philips head screw that holds the parker assembly onto the top of the headlight assembly. Then pull the parker assembly straight forward by slipping a couple of fingers behind it. It is very tight, just make sure you pull it straight, not up or down or outwards.

:laugh: cheers :laugh:

My parkers are blue in colour and when I was at a petrol station earlier this week, a cop mentioned that I should change them. I think it's better to be safe than sorry rather than risk a defect.

Tried to get my parkers off last night, and again tonight after having read this thread. I tried pulling them out with a bit of force after undoing the Phillips head screws, but thought I'd better check with those who've already done it before I break them.

Do I pull them forward towards (but away from, if that makes sense?) the front of the car, and can anyone please post a pic of where the clip is and where I should put a screwdriver to lever it off (without scratching the paint)? Is the clip behind or below the parker?

Thanks in advance...

Nick

from memory.. i was pulling forwards away from the car...

and i had the screwdriver pushing with my other arm from under the front bar.... i think i had to jiggy the washer bottle.. this was the left side...

the left was a bitch.. the right popped out without fuss...