SAU Community

Alarm installation

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good place to get an alarm and immobiliser installed. Are any of the major shops like JB Hifi/Autobarn/Strathfield good, or would places like BDL in Braddon be a better go?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Not to plug my business but I work for BDL in Fyshwick

we usually put mongoose M80AM's in skylines not really had any problems with them

they cost $599 fitted

Got a dual stage microwave sensor (mad shield around car and another inside)

shock sensor

all black wiring

3 point imobilsor

battery back up siren

turbo timer interface

and it's insurance approved if you've got it it should lower your insurance premiums

so yeah there good alarms best bet is to drop in and see us some time

(gotta love plugs) lol

we usually put mongoose M80AM's in skylines not really had any problems with them

they cost $599 fitted

shock sensor

all black wiring

3 point imobilsor

battery back up siren

turbo timer interface

and it's insurance approved if you've got it it should lower your insurance premiums

(gotta love plugs) lol

they cost $599 fitted

shock sensor

all black wiring

3 point imobilsor

battery back up siren

turbo timer interface

(gotta love plugs) lol

slither,

im on the market for an alarm and remote central locking. should i be talking to you about it then?

i wanna get one rather soon, like within the next two weeks.

Edited by Frink

slither,

im on the market for an alarm and remote central locking. should i be talking to you about it then?

i wanna get one rather soon, like within the next two weeks.

yeah something got messed up when I tried to post last night???

Yeah I can help ya out does the car have central locking at the moment with the key??

If not your looking about $80 dollars a door for the c/d/l motors, as for an alarm they all come with remote central locking as long as you've got door motors, a basic alarm with one point imobilsor goes for $289 other wise I would go for the M80am there's a whole bunch in between but there all pretty similar they just cost different and have some different features, alot to explain. We can usually book it in to be done the next day and if you drop it off at 8:30-9:00 we have it back to ya mid afternoon

Edited by Slither

yeah something got messed up when I tried to post last night???

Yeah I can help ya out does the car have central locking at the moment with the key??

If not your looking about $80 dollars a door for the c/d/l motors, as for an alarm they all come with remote central locking as long as you've got door motors, a basic alarm with one point imobilsor goes for $289 other wise I would go for the M80am there's a whole bunch in between but there all pretty similar they just cost different and have some different features, alot to explain. We can usually book it in to be done the next day and if you drop it off at 8:30-9:00 we have it back to ya mid afternoon

Sorry to but in but do you guys install Viper alarms?

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good place to get an alarm and immobiliser installed. Are any of the major shops like JB Hifi/Autobarn/Strathfield good, or would places like BDL in Braddon be a better go?

Cheers

i didn't know that BDL had a shop in Braddon or is this have to be Braddon Car Stereo in braddon

• 3 weeks later...

A heads up on alarms. I've heard of a couple of people who get flat batteries after leaving the car unused for a fortnight. One found out he had his turbo timer relay wired up incorrectly. The others still have problems.

It's really unhealthy for the battery if it gets flattened too many times. And really annoying. Oh. And if someone steals your car, the alarm won't go off :blink:

If you're going to leave the car sitting for long, make sure you get an alarm that doesn't draw too much power, and that it is fitted by someone competent.