SAU Community

Oz Vs. Japs

Performance (Bang for Bucks) Oz vs. Japs?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahh, back from a decent night out, I was expecting some more ludicrous claim, but what do I find, nothing.

ROY, You can purchase the same type of heat shield as, what it is under the bonnet of the xr6T, and it forms and bends pretty well. Works good on my set up which has in the past melted and burn braided teflon hose.

Anyway Mr350Z, We all respect the fact that Ford has picked up it games and gone away from it roots, sort of by building the xr6T, and a rebuilt xr6T with decent mods will smokes most GTR on the straight.

But what alot of us, can't get over the fact, that is XR6T, has claimed in some other thread that a stock xr6T can beat a 350Z around a track,

and it has gone to a xr6T with330 or so rwkw car beating some fine machinery from forum members with larger hp in gtr.

Also not to mention the claim of doing 330-340 on public road in the said xr6T, which I find, along with numerous other forums members

to be reiculous or simply unachievable, with a stock body and so little power.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a few XR's getting around locally, there's one that looks awesome, its a V8 and has a nice set of really wide tyres.

From the arse end it definitely looks tough.

Which remindes me. :)

There's also a XR8 with a little supercharged badge unter the XR8 badge and runs a small FMIC in the stock bumper, its freeking slow.. lol

The little R32 making only 176rwkw sat pretty damn close to it, the XR8 was only crawling away (not walking crawling very very slowly).

Power to weight, a GTR with ~275rwkw will be on par with your ford. As Ferni stated, PowerFC, boost, exhaust and adj. cam gear saw his GTR to 270rwkw. If I'm mistaken correct me Ferni. :(

So how can you say thats slower?? The power to weight is the same?

Close - I'm still running the standardd ECU (no speed limit) :P

Edited by ferni

Ahh, back from a decent night out, I was expecting some more ludicrous claim, but what do I find, nothing.

ROY, You can purchase the same type of heat shield as, what it is under the bonnet of the xr6T, and it forms and bends pretty well. Works good on my set up which has in the past melted and burn braided teflon hose.

Anyway Mr350Z, We all respect the fact that Ford has picked up it games and gone away from it roots, sort of by building the xr6T, and a rebuilt xr6T with decent mods will smokes most GTR on the straight.

But what alot of us, can't get over the fact, that is XR6T, has claimed in some other thread that a stock xr6T can beat a 350Z around a track,

and it has gone to a xr6T with330 or so rwkw car beating some fine machinery from forum members with larger hp in gtr.

Also not to mention the claim of doing 330-340 on public road in the said xr6T, which I find, along with numerous other forums members

to be reiculous or simply unachievable, with a stock body and so little power.

Yeah agree with your post, ive got both in my garage both a modded XR6 Turbo and a Stock 350Z Track (twin turbo would be nice :P ), and i can say (WITH experiance) that there is no chance in hell that my Ford will keep up to the Nissan around corners, and anybody who argues this has no idea. The only way the Ford will out do the 350 is if it has had heavy modifications done to the suspension setup, and even then, the 350 is just brilliant around corners, i really dont think the ford can catch the 350 on a track.

As for 330 - 340 km, im sorry to say, but thats just outright bullshit. Like i mentioned, APS managed 307km/h. Bottom line is, even at 240 (which is speed cut on the ford) the brakes barely pull up, so larger brakes are needed. At 340 km/h, you would need a 1/4mile strip just to stop. I really dont see that happening. Not only that, how long would the road need to be to get to 330 - 340 km. I know on the track, 1/4 mile i did 115mph, so at a guess, id say you need approx 750m to acheive the speed, and god know how much to stop.

Ford has gone the right way with the BA, the cars look good and if the right things are done, they look/sound/perform tough. However, some people have to realise that their fords arnt king of the road. This sort of attitude will only put shit on ford drivers (just like holden drivers get because of their ignorance). A modded XR6 T will beat alot on the street, however an R32 with engine rebuild, twin TD05's, cooler, exhaust and ECU, running at about 1.1bar will out run a 300Kw XR6 Turbo !!!

Have you driven in the Northern territory where there are huge stretches of flat and straight roads? There are no speed limits on these.

Just watch the video of the turbo charged magna which climbed to 280km/h on one of these roads. I posted the link a few pages back.

Here it is again:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30V9YKWO

Edited by Vuster

1. Bugatti Veyron - 400 km/h

2. Koenigsegg CCR - 388 km/h

3. McLaren F1 - 372 km/h

4. Ferrari Enzo - 355 km/h

5. Porsche Carrera GT - 334 km/h

6. McLaren Mercedes SLR - 334 km/h

7. Lamborghini Murcielago - 330 km/h

congrats your taxi is now a super car.

Have you driven in the Northern territory where there are huge stretches of flat and straight roads? There are no speed limits on these.

Just watch the video of the turbo charged magna which climbed to 280km/h on one of these roads. I posted the link a few pages back.

Here it is again:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30V9YKWO

To be honest dude, i havent even been to NT let alone driven on the road.

280 is acheivabe, but 340 - 350 out of an XR6 Turbo. Lets say that at 240 im almost our of revs, not out, but getting there. Unless the rev limit has been increased which means the car would have been edited then i cant see this happening.

Lets not miss the point here. I am not saying that these speeds arnt possible, im just saying that i dont see it happening with an XR6 Turbo....It would have to be modified to the shit house to get to these speeds.

Furthermore, the tiptronics start slugging off a touch past 200 clicks (due to gearing), so id assume it would be a manual car. This brings up other issues on its own, but id rather not get into that because its getting off topic.

To be honest dude, i havent even been to NT let alone driven on the road.

280 is acheivabe, but 340 - 350 out of an XR6 Turbo. Lets say that at 240 im almost our of revs, not out, but getting there. Unless the rev limit has been increased which means the car would have been edited then i cant see this happening.

Lets not miss the point here. I am not saying that these speeds arnt possible, im just saying that i dont see it happening with an XR6 Turbo....It would have to be modified to the shit house to get to these speeds.

Furthermore, the tiptronics start slugging off a touch past 200 clicks (due to gearing), so id assume it would be a manual car. This brings up other issues on its own, but id rather not get into that because its getting off topic.

Either all, if you went to N.T or drove my car, then you would realise. The tiptronic in 3rd gear will pip 200km/h (standard) instead of "slugging off" and it will safely make 240-245km/h (standard). The APS XR6T had around 320-330rwkw and made 307km/h in full street trim so over 300 is definetly acheivable in a "taxi".

My 3rd gear and fourth gear ratio has been made taller:

3rd (standard): 1.00

4th (standard): 0.68

3rd (now): 0.88

4th (now): 0.35

The APS XR6T was running standard gear ratio's. If you add it up: I have more power, I have more torque, I have a taller gear ratio, I was using octane booster and I was running on 100RON fuel, I mean what more do you want? Of course I'm going to be faster. BTW I was at around 6,500-6,800RPM at these speeds, my rev limit has been increased to 7,000RPM so yes I was almost out of revs when I did this.

Cheers.

So you've had the g/box rebuilt with a different gear set?

Care to post 'ALL' of the mods done.

After all this is a bit of a heads up thread of what the aus cars can now do with such 'little' mods.

Edited by Cubes

Seem the car is now getting further and further away from the stock condition as state in earlier postings. Eitherway 330-340 is still impossible on the facts that I have pointed out.

I have tried really hard to give the benefit of the doubt on these claims, but it just all doesn't add up for me I am afraid

especially when you say that you have only spent 3.5K on mods....

I paid $26k for my XR6T, have spent less than $3,500 and have near 350rwkw on 10psi boost.

but then you go on to say that you have had the gearing changed amongst all the other mods. You have a car that produces more power than the APS Ford XR6t (with phase iii upgrades and which is also known as the fastest top speed XR6T in Australia) you also have handling that enables the car to be completely stable at 300+kph speeds, yet the APS car, a car that has hard evidence behind it, was an absolute handful at 300kph.

All this for $3500.00 :) .....amazing

I will be happy to believe you when you post up ... your mods, how much you have really spent, a dyno sheet, a time slip, hell any type of real evidence that even comes within 50kph of your quoted top speed.

I am an open minded person and I love all cars, regardless of their brand, whether they are N/A or Forcefed, or they are 8's or 6's or whatever. If they can perform then I take my hat off to them. Mate I will buy you a beer if your car can get even close to what you have claimed.

You should get onto one of the car performance magazines, as I am sure they will be champing at the bit to do a story on the fastest top speed XR6T in Australia or the world for that matter.

But until there is some type of evidence, I am sorry but I remain totally sceptical and unconvinced of your claims. I really want to believe you as I would love to see an Aussie car do all this, but in all honesty you aren't making it easy.