SAU Community

Oz Vs. Japs

Performance (Bang for Bucks) Oz vs. Japs?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSPEC, I'm waiting for delivery of my F430 due here later this year I hope, as mine will be the 7th F430 to arrive on these shore.

But if you really wanna a look at some of the other family menbers, I'm more than happy to let you have a look around, I got a few vehicle here, that might interest a true car nut, but the pet amongst my flock would be the Ariel.

MSPEC, I'm waiting for delivery of my F430 due here later this year I hope, as mine will be the 7th F430 to arrive on these shore.

But if you really wanna a look at some of the other family menbers, I'm more than happy to let you have a look around, I got a few vehicle here, that might interest a true car nut, but the pet amongst my flock would be the Ariel.

I would so love to and I appreciate the offer but I live in Melbourne ;( Anyway, thanks I appreciate it!

LOL, Funny how you should say that, I've owned a 360 modena and has since sold it waiting for a F430, and I can tell you they do not hit 295kays period, disregarding what the speedo says. I also owned a carrera 4 for a short time and it also doesn't hit 300 kays, to hit 300 kays you need bloody long arse track or big speed bowl, even if you attempt it on public road, you might need about 10 kays of dead strainght road with no bumps, lol.

Also I can tell you this as a fact the carrera 4 took over 1 kilometre to come to rest from 290 odd, So doing this sort of speed on public road is driving beyond your visibility capability.

Fark my audi RS6 has twin turbo v8 from the factory just manage to haul it arse over 300 kays"unrestricted", This figure was achieved by someone else with similar car.

My skyline r33 gtst has over 570rwhp runs out of gearing at 280 odd but it not going to go over 300 going by the way it wants to lift of the road,

At about 270ish every cars in the world hit a brick wall of aero, and the falc. doesn't looks to aero to me, as compared to porsche-ferraris-Audis.

You might have all the power in the world, The one thing you need most to be able to do 300+ is AERO. This is what the Falcon has absolutely zilch.

Seriously, you owning all of these exotics is a little harder to swallow than what I'm telling you. I'd like to know your job if that's O.K, and please don't make up an job with a huge salary. Plus this street legal, supercar GTS-T also sounds interesting. I'm sorry but I just don't believe you. I'm not asking for proof or anything, and you shouldn't care if I don't believe you, but I assure you that I know someone who owns the current model 360 Modena convertible who has done 294km/h.

Does anyone on the forums know you personaly hungry6? I know quite a few people that can afford such cars, for some reason they are into real-estate :blink: Go figure :P

Edited by MSPEC

You rich #@$#@. Drive down to Melb when you get it :P

Show us some pics of your collection.

hahah busted.. :P

I've attached a little vid of the 1200hp R33 GTR that does 323km/h.

Gotta love the way she sounds as it accelerates from second to third.

That's very sad. Something wrong with the gearing perhaps? Not enough downforce to give it more speed? (Too light). I've seen video's of GTR's that will do 0-300 in less than 13sec, my car took the best part of 2min to reach those speeds, something is wrong here.

That's very sad. Something wrong with the gearing perhaps? Not enough downforce to give it more speed? (Too light). I've seen video's of GTR's that will do 0-300 in less than 13sec, my car took the best part of 2min to reach those speeds, something is wrong here.

Do you know who top secret are? They make any performance shop that you have ever need to look like an auto barn or super cheap mate!

I remember reading an article in MOTOR that was published about a year ago where they took a modified XR6T onto a airport strip and they managed to get 300km/h from it. Can't remember how much power it had though.

The the fastest XR6T down the track a few months ago managed 11.5-11.7. Now it's 10.4, done by a car with about 380rwkw. Saying all that I think the car in question here would be faster than the one MOTOR tested so I believe that FalconXR6T's car will get over 300km/h quite easily.

Well at least someone knows what their talking about. I have nothing to gain through lying, so whether you accept it or not is entirely up to you. (Everyone).

Umm , I don't have a job, But I have about 300 staffs in my company construction/developement, Also I'm onthe board of 2 public company. My decision probably affects 20% of the ppls in the transport company and a certain V8 supercar team. Quite a few of the ppls from Qld have seen me in my daily driver either an Audi RS6 or the rear seat of an 750iL.

Well at least someone knows what their talking about. I have nothing to gain through lying, so whether you accept it or not is entirely up to you. (Everyone).

Honestly no one cares about your stories, we deal in facts. When you come on a forum and tell experienced GTR owners that you can rape them you sound like a kid, not a 40+ year old grown man. Of course people are going to doubt claims made by a no body, if you want to be a hero come down our way and give us something to be impressed about!

hungry6, can we be friends :P I need a turbo upgrade LOL haha

Glad you appreciate a nice car anyway and I am very impressed that you own an R33.

Edited by MSPEC

Umm , I don't have a job, But I have about 300 staffs in my company construction/developement, Also I'm onthe board of 2 public company. My decision probably affects 20% of the ppls in the transport company and a certain V8 supercar team. Quite a few of the ppls from Qld have seen me in my daily driver either an Audi RS6 or the rear seat of an 750iL.

Assuming you're telling the truth, I'm happy for you that you are so succesful.

Now I don't believe you but I guess you don't care. For someone who is so successful, your grammer is terrible. "I have about 300 staffs" "few of the ppls"

"daily driver either". No offence but it's hard to believe! Did you inherit all this wealth and power from your parents :P

Pics would be nice though.

Edited by Vuster

When you come on a forum and tell experienced GTR owners that you can rape them you should like a kid, not a 40+ year old grown man.

Not sure where that came from? No-one on these forums knows hungry6 personally yet you'll believe that he owns 300 staff, a V8 Supercar team (yet would rather and import), has owned several exotic, half a million dollar cars, says a car will flip off the road at 270ish (except for a GTR of course) and doesn't work for his money??? Honestly, what are we running here?

you sound jealous to me....

without going into specifics, i have been over 300kmh in an australian GTR on an australian public road ... the last 50kmh of acceleration are so much slower then then rest of the speed range... its a massive task to crack 300... no easy task by any means

I remember this one kid that was about 18 claiming he had a shit load of exotic cars on an enthusiast forum. Cars like Ferraris and so on, for about 6 pages guys drilled him, them he decides to post pics of him in them. It was quite funny, apparently he had something big to do with eBay when it was created. He quickly went from having a lot of enemies on that forum, to everyone’s best mate, money is a funny thing :P

Don’t get me wrong pictures would be appreciated :blink: Not that I really care …

When hungry tells me he will over take Ferni in his XR6T down a straight sideways that’s when I will tell him he is a wanker!

Edited by MSPEC

I remember this one kid that was about 18 claiming he had a shit load of exotic cars on an enthusiast forum. Cars like Ferraris and so on, for about 6 pages guys drilled him, them he decides to post pics of him in them. It was quite funny, apparently he had something big to do with eBay when it was created. He quickly went from having a lot of enemies on that forum, to everyone’s best mate, money is a funny thing :blink:

So was he your best mate after that? :P

MSPEC, actually I used to own a couple of gtrs with decent power, one was destroyed doing grude track day with a few friend, and The other r32gtr is getting a very serious engine atm, but I love the r33gtst with the rb26det in it, it drive beautifuly, but not over 300kays IMHO. I've always been a skyline person and I bought one of the original R32gtr that was locally delivered.

But my true love atm are semi open wheelers like the ariel atom, for so little power, they run fearsomely fast time.

Bikes are also my other love , the like of MVs

Also XR6T none of my car have ever reached $500k

When I track down a MacF1 I will break that barrier.

But here are the prices for your interest

C4 porsche is $230-260 depending on options

360 modena is $385K

F430 is $420 with out ceramic brakes

Audi RS6 $240k

355 spyder secondhand was $275K

M5 $220k

M3CSL $210

r32gtr $110k back in 1989, Yes I was a sucker for speed then.

350Z track $75K

Obviously I donot have all of these at the very moment, but they have passed through my hands.

Edited by hungry6

Falcon XR6T,

As I said in an earlier post.. Aim for GTST's making around ~255rwkw and GTR's making around ~275rwkw.

Same power to weight.

I won't just gun for a slower car than mine, I like to test my driver skill by looking to keep up with quicker or evenly matched cars to mine. If any of you have a GTR or GTS-t that can beat my car then good on you. I wont just up my power figure to 1000hp with 3000Nm of torque, I really don't care. I won't defend my XR6T against a faster Nissan. I love imports also, Evo's, GTR's etc. I was as closed minded as you were about my choice of car, but when I had to pick a demo car that people were going to begin modifying I picked the Falcon. And since it surpassed my expectations so wildly I just thought I'd educate you people on the potential of these cars.