SAU Community

Oz Vs. Japs

Performance (Bang for Bucks) Oz vs. Japs?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah I agree, start with the little GTSt’s and see how you go, then take on the GTR’s. Honestly the XR6 vs. GTSt battle is more evenly matched as they have more similarities when compared to the GTR. For track use the GTR is a far superior car on paper, and I am sure this transfers to real-world application :P

This is rather amusing that you wan't to just dismiss me because you think I'm no competition for a GTR. That makes me laugh, seeing the dissapointment on your face when you're passed by a Falcon. Got any listed mods for me to laugh at? Maybe even torque, power or quarter mile specs? :P

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not surprised by the trap time, I have always found family cars (Holden’s & Ford’s) to die in the arse after about 110~120. Of course this is a modified XR6T, but I imagine in a drag he would give me a good run to 100 if not be a bit quicker. But after that I would feel confident that I could stick with him even though I have less power.

I think you'll find it'll be quite a bit the opposite... You'll wallop me for traction, then watch me reap the glory. Did you say you're car had over 100kw less power? Is there any point comparing them? :lol:

This is rather amusing that you wan't to just dismiss me because you think I'm no competition for a GTR. That makes me laugh, seeing the dissapointment on your face when you're passed by a Falcon. Got any listed mods for me to laugh at? Maybe even torque, power or quarter mile specs? :P

I’m not even going to bother with you, there is no chance I will ever race you so its all just talk. If you really think you have something to prove come down our way, I am sure you will own Ben’s GTR with ease.

There is about as much point in comparing our cars as there is yours to a well modified GTR!

Edited by MSPEC

No speed limiter on mine, it'll pass 300km/h on a decent straight. In N.T I sat on around 340km/h easily, didn't want the speeds to get too ridiculous though (it had plenty more left in it).

Out of interest, can you tell me what tyre size and make you are running, and the XR6 Turbos 5th gear ratio and diff ratio. I find it hard to believe any Falcon can do 340km/h on the road.

The aerodynamics would kill it up over 260km/h, but hey could easily be wrong since the only foundation for my stance is disbelief...lol thats not to say its not true :P

Do the speedos actually go that high or were you using some form of sat nav?

Oh and having a little dig around, a lap time of Mallala between 1:20-1:22 is pretty respectable considering Mirage Cup cars did 1:21s and GT Production Subaru Liberty Gt also does 1:21s

A Brute Ute does 1:22s around Mallala and around 1:27s at Sandown. My last visit to Sandown i did a 1:25, and at Winton i lap the same as a V8 Brute.

Could be interesting :P

Out of interest, can you tell me what tyre size and make you are running, and the XR6 Turbos 5th gear ratio and diff ratio. I find it hard to believe any Falcon can do 340km/h on the road.

The aerodynamics would kill it up over 260km/h, but hey could easily be wrong since the only foundation for my stance is disbelief...lol thats not to say its not true :P

Do the speedos actually go that high or were you using some form of sat nav?

Oh and having a little dig around, a lap time of Mallala between 1:20-1:22 is pretty respectable considering Mirage Cup cars did 1:21s and GT Production Subaru Liberty Gt also does 1:21s

A Brute Ute does 1:22s around Mallala and around 1:27s at Sandown. My last visit to Sandown i did a 1:25, and at Winton i lap the same as a V8 Brute.

Could be interesting :P

It's an auto and I was using the Gtech-Pro for speed. 337km/h was the top speed, I don't know why you would find it so hard to believe, you honestly need to drive it to understand. BTW I watched that Typhoon video, thumbs down from me. It puts a bad name to modified turbo Fords. His throttle application was similar to what I usually use, but I would kill that Typhoon without a shred of doubt. My staff are in disbelief when they get out of the car, and they test and tune modified cars all day.

I don't know why you would find it so hard to believe, you honestly need to drive it to understand.

Because cars with 450-520hp, with far better aerodynamics and similar, perhaps lighter weights struggle to do those speeds...just a first reaction thing.

Are you interested in the Mallala thing, im deadly serious. Not because i give a toot about being quicker or slower, but i love cars, all sorts of cars and it will be interesting to see how they match up respectively. Looking at the times you are doing, i suspect you would have me, if even only by a second or two, but all egos left aside...i want to do a track day at Mallala, just need an excuse to maek the 8hr drive

And MSPEC, you should rock up to the Winton day early September. GTRs are good things, but at the end of the day, give any car good power, good rubber, tidy suspensions and brakes and they will do well over a couple of laps of a track.

Thing is the GTR basically has these ingredients std, it by no means dictates that any other modded car wont come close or be quicker if modded.

Thing with the Falcon is the weight, so means everything has to be sized to suit thats all.

Edited by Roy

No speed limiter on mine, it'll pass 300km/h on a decent straight. In N.T I sat on around 340km/h easily, didn't want the speeds to get too ridiculous though (it had plenty more left in it).

LOL, some ppls are so oblivious to dynamics and speeds. All I can cay, the maz 3 might not beat your XR6t but it's gonna take you a few laps trying to get around me, at QR. I'm still out on lap speed.

Also your falcon does 340kph?, wtf? Let me tell you one thing, last I was in Italy and on a decent speed bowl I saw a ferrari 360 modena at 280 ripped a window rubber and the car lost stability terribibly, also these car are mighty stiff in term of body strengh and obviously aero.

As far as a basic Falcon or Commodore doing 340kph, is impossible, regarless of power figure with the right gearing.

When car does speeds in excess of 250+ body harmonics comes into play and the car will pretty much disintegrate, ie. bit will fall off, doors will pop open and gear won't stay in place, At the thought of anyone claiming a falc or commy doing those speed is like saying a prop. plane is capable of going to the moon.

Also if this mallala thing is going ahead, I wanna be in it with a bog stock 350z (rental) to show that around a track outright horsepower is nothing.

Edited by hungry6

Roy I would love to attend Winton, I will speak to Ferni and see what I can organize. I must admit I was a little shocked to hear a speed of 337kph. The fastest I have ever gone is about 270~280kph, I believe this is the limit set by the gearbox. If you really can do 337kph then I stand corrected, you would smoke me.

Not that I ever doubted you would, I just though taking on GTR’s with such a lack of respect showed very little experience. I know bens car gets up around 300kph on some tracks but he has over 500rwkws!!!

The statement about doing 340km/h with plenty more left in it is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I smell bullsh!t, as if alot of claims from falconXR6T doesnt stink enough already.

Whats even funnier is that you think 340km's isn't a rediculous enough speed already.

Dude, you got a great car with some excellent mods but I wouldnt go around blowing my trumpet and claiming its faster than some of the world's fastest exotic supercars.

Roy I would love to attend Winton, I will speak to Ferni and see what I can organize. I must admit I was a little shocked to hear a speed of 337kph. The fastest I have ever gone is about 270~280kph, I believe this is the limit set by the gearbox. If you really can do 337kph then I stand corrected, you would smoke me.

Not that I ever doubted you would, I just though taking on GTR’s with such a lack of respect showed very little experience. I know bens car gets up around 300kph on some tracks but he has over 500rwkws!!!

Some interesting opinions, and I can understand why some people may not believe me. I still stick by, you must drive it to believe it. I squeeze it open till around 160km/h, then nail it. 200 goes by real quick, 250km/h isn't far behind, 300 is a little longer to get to, then it gradually clicks up to near 330-335. It sits dead flat on the road and there isn't alot of feedback from the steering. I was surprised at first but then I think to some production cars that are capable of over 400km/h that is very shocking. Seeming as at those speeds, carrying an extra 5km/h is noticebly faster. These cars were made for country roads, their built for carrying high speeds. Plus their weight gives them a solid, firm ride so I can understand if you think you're GTR's can't do it, no-one can, but that's just your opinion. It doesn't cut me up too deeply if you don't believe me, I've lost nothing.

It does sound silly, what production cars do over 400? There was a video going around the net of a street driven GTR doing 320ish. That was big news around the globe and you recon you can do a lazy 330+? I don’t care what planet you are from that’s hard to swallow!

It is interesting how your trap speed is similar to that of my car 190kph. How long does it take you to hit 340? Where is this really long stretch of road that you have found that provides excellent stability and loads of down force?

Edited by MSPEC

The statement about doing 340km/h with plenty more left in it is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I smell bullsh!t, as if alot of claims from falconXR6T doesnt stink enough already.

Whats even funnier is that you think 340km's isn't a rediculous enough speed already.

Dude, you got a great car with some excellent mods but I wouldnt go around blowing my trumpet and claiming its faster than some of the world's fastest exotic supercars.

Yes, O.K. My car probably didn't have alot beyond that speed, I'll admit to that. I define ridiculous speeds as uncontrollable, my car was not uncontrollable at the time. By exotic supercars, I'm assuming Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's etc. With no money involved (speed limiter removed), any one of those could pass that speed. The base model V8 Modena Ferrari is capable of 295km/h and it's speed limited. Grab a Bugatti and have some 405km/h fun (that is also speed limited). http://www.informante.web.na/streetsceneAr...p?articleID=188

A good 12mph over the Mclaren's 252mph roughly translates to 425km/h. I'm impressed.

Edited by Falcon XR6T

I also have trouble beliving the 340km/h speed tag - As Roy asked - what size tyres, any gearbox mods? Diff mods? Gonna do some digging around and calulcaitions to see what RPM that would have to be at in a std XR6T for 337km/h