SAU Community

Oz Vs. Japs

Performance (Bang for Bucks) Oz vs. Japs?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $26k for my XR6T, have spent less than $3,500 and have near 350rwkw on 10psi boost. Bring you're under $30,000 GTR/Supra all up and we'll see who wins, and hell, I'll even bring my family along.

Ok i'll give you that then, didn't realise you could get XR6T that cheap. I can't bring my under 30k GTR because i paid ~40k for it... (18months ago)... I could use a R32 GTR, 30k it would be a pretty mean machine... but then its older once again.... 340rwkw out of $3,500? Thats very impressive, whats the list of mods/costs and tuning? Out of interest what fuel economy do you get (guessing its better than my GTR)? What handling mods have you done?

BTW Ferni, the BA XR6T/Typhoon handle alot better than you think, if you still don't believe me, then just watch me keep right on you're arse in the corners, then fly past you on the straight sideways.  :angry:

hahah As above - what handling mods have you done? Have you been to any tracks in Vic? Philip Island? Calder? Sandown? Winton? If so what times with what mods.

Ok i'll give you that then, didn't realise you could get XR6T that cheap. I can't bring my under 30k GTR because i paid ~40k for it... (18months ago)... I could use a R32 GTR, 30k it would be a pretty mean machine... but then its older once again.... 340rwkw out of $3,500? Thats very impressive, whats the list of mods/costs and tuning? Out of interest what fuel economy do you get (guessing its better than my GTR)? What handling mods have you done?

hahah As above - what handling mods have you done? Have you been to any tracks in Vic? Philip Island? Calder? Sandown? Winton? If so what times with what mods.

The cars handling must be greatly improved because if its not 300+rwkw’s is just going to make you slower around a race track!

I don't do public roads, I don't know where Berwick is either. The closest racetrack to me is Mallala, I schooled a few Evo's there, and I'd be more than happy to put my money where my mouth is and show you a couple of things, what are you running?

I'd love to see you and Ferni take it out in Mallala. Count me in for spectating. :P

But then again like Ferni said, just let us know your track times and we'll have a fair indication who will win. Isn't Winton close to Mallala?

Hell, come up with a date for the next practice day at Mallala and ill drive over from Vic, anfd i only have a little 2L R32, if you cant beat me then no point bothering GTRs.

Im serious about this, worked a bit in Thebarton, but was never able to get the car up to Mallala...i want to do a track day...full stop, if we can get a bit of grudge racing included on the day then its all good fun...plus i have family half way to Adelaide so can kill a few Dodos with the same stone...plus get a dyno run on the same dyno as Chris32...see many reasons for me to go to Adelaide:)

I think Mallala is in S.A?

I'm not saying i don't belive in the XR6T handling ability, i just need to see it with my own eyes, i'm sure you can appreciate that. I've been in an XR6 and the handling was nothing special... my mate had a XR6T (auto) for a day and said it went well but didn't handle to spectacular (he had a Subaru B4 at the time and reconed his B4 would leave it for dead around corners)

I got mixed up with the lake in north vic. I think it's called Lake Muwalla or something like that.

Yeah I agree, start with the little GTSt’s and see how you go, then take on the GTR’s. Honestly the XR6 vs. GTSt battle is more evenly matched as they have more similarities when compared to the GTR. For track use the GTR is a far superior car on paper, and I am sure this transfers to real-world application :P

BTW Ferni, the BA XR6T/Typhoon handle alot better than you think, if you still don't believe me, then just watch me keep right on you're arse in the corners, then fly past you on the straight sideways.  :P

Please for the last time, please read what you've wrote. From my limitted racing experience, a car on it side going up a straight means lacks handling and dynamics, I'm not going to expains the details, but as you always claims a xr6T is an awesome car on a track. The facts are, it is not!!! As someone here asked regaring semi-slicks, a few months ago we slap on a set of DJ01 235 45 17 on a bog stock xr6t and it didn't last 5 laps due to oil surge. Terminal engine problem? suspect mains bearings.

Anyway I'll be back out at QR in about 3 weeks time and I'll run up some lap time on a bog stock mazda3 for fun, my normal drive is having suspension issues, and it wouldn't even supprise me that the maz3 post better time than a xr6T on the short cirtcuit, and I'll be able to drive it home at the end of the session.

When you ran the 11.7 @119mph was that with slicks, as the mph is about 4mph higher then mine and im only running 12.9s

Seriously, what are your chances of attending the Practice day on Saturday 1st October? Should be a laugh, see who can knock out the quickest lap, and who is quickest over 3 laps. See how 234rwkws stacks up against 339rwkws. :O

Just have to hope that you dotn have too much experience around Mallala cause it will be my first time there :P

Edited by Roy

Roy: yep he said that was with his friends slicks when he ran that 11.7...

would be an interesting battle between Roys little 2l 15yo gtst and the big bad 4l 2yo XR6T

Roy: yep he said that was with his friends slicks when he ran that 11.7...

would be an interesting battle between Roys little 2l 15yo gtst and the big bad 4l 2yo XR6T

I am not surprised by the trap time, I have always found family cars (Holden’s & Ford’s) to die in the arse after about 110~120. Of course this is a modified XR6T, but I imagine in a drag he would give me a good run to 100 if not be a bit quicker. But after that I would feel confident that I could stick with him even though I have less power.

Is it an auto? If it is its probably all 60ft time, plus a good whack of power.

Based on the speed i saw out of targa spec XR6 Turbos at Eastern Creek, then i wouldnt imagine them being all that capable on the track.

They may feel balanced and ok, but the general limits are probably a bit lacking. Hell i had road rubber, std turbo/ECU and 180km/h speed limiter and i was still quicker around Eastern Creek.

That and the fact that the recetn Motor magazine article had one slower then my car makes me think that im a good chance of taking home the silverware...but there is only one way to find out.

Oh and that Wakefield time, i had road rubber and std turbo/ECU, but susp mods. Whilst the XR6T was of course std but driven by a professional race car driver...would be interesting to see how two modded cars driven by hillbillies go at a track like Mallala that looks to have some quick bends with some slow stuff as well

I'd love to see you and Ferni take it out in Mallala. Count me in for spectating.  :P

But then again like Ferni said, just let us know your track times and we'll have a fair indication who will win. Isn't Winton close to Mallala?

Last time I was out there (with around 280rwkw) I posted consistent 1.22sec around Mallala. Now probably around 1.20secs.

Is it an auto? If it is its probably all 60ft time, plus a good whack of power.

Based on the speed i saw out of targa spec XR6 Turbos at Eastern Creek, then i wouldnt imagine them being all that capable on the track.

They may feel balanced and ok, but the general limits are probably a bit lacking. Hell i had road rubber, std turbo/ECU and 180km/h speed limiter and i was still quicker around Eastern Creek.

That and the fact that the recetn Motor magazine article had one slower then my car makes me think that im a good chance of taking home the silverware...but there is only one way to find out.

Oh and that Wakefield time, i had road rubber and std turbo/ECU, but susp mods. Whilst the XR6T was of course std but driven by a professional race car driver...would be interesting to see how two modded cars driven by hillbillies go at a track like Mallala that looks to have some quick bends with some slow stuff as well

No speed limiter on mine, it'll pass 300km/h on a decent straight. In N.T I sat on around 340km/h easily, didn't want the speeds to get too ridiculous though (it had plenty more left in it).

Anyway I'll be back out at QR in about 3 weeks time and I'll run up some lap time on a bog stock mazda3 for fun, my normal drive is having suspension issues, and it wouldn't even supprise me that the maz3 post better time than a xr6T on the short cirtcuit, and I'll be able to drive it home at the end of the session.

Funny, haha. Oh... you were being serious. I'll rip the arse end out of your Mazda3, if you're serious that is. It wouldn't surprise me if your Mazda didn't make 120km/h on the straight, I make around 195km/h around the kink.