SAU Community

Oz Vs. Japs

Performance (Bang for Bucks) Oz vs. Japs?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. This is a power graph of my car a couple of weeks ago. Note how the power starts at 252rwkw! That's 70kW aove the factory peak. When I reach 365rwkw I will be happy (safely double the factory power).

What gear was the result taken in?

3rd - According to the dyno sheet.

Falcon XR6T,

With regards to the boost you are running. Is the dyno sheet correct?

6.887923 kPa = ~ 1 PSI, damn thats some insane boost your running.

Peaking at ~31psi then tailing off to ~29psi by readline.

You are in Adelaide arn't you? It would be good to slap it on a dyno dynamics dyno for a power run to see how she fares.

Blackwood Auto and Dyno only charge $35 for a power run.

We would then overlay yours with rb20/25/26 and 30's.

See the below thread, its a similiar setup RB running a .82 turbine housing, .7 comp cover but only 18-19psi.

<click>

Dyno figures vary greatly, the amount of boost your running, you should be seeing over 350rwkw. However, I'm not 100% sure how the .5 comp cover really affects or more so restricts the higher boost level efficiencys.

I strongly believe that there is no replacement for displacement. :)

Get it on that dyno and impress your self. I suspect your dynolog is reading low compared to the dyno's us mugs 'generally' use.

Edited by Cubes

Either all, if you went to N.T or drove my car, then you would realise. The tiptronic in 3rd gear will pip 200km/h (standard) instead of "slugging off" and it will safely make 240-245km/h (standard). The APS XR6T had around 320-330rwkw and made 307km/h in full street trim so over 300 is definetly acheivable in a "taxi".

My 3rd gear and fourth gear ratio has been made taller:

3rd (standard): 1.00

4th (standard): 0.68

3rd (now): 0.88

4th (now): 0.35

The APS XR6T was running standard gear ratio's. If you add it up: I have more power, I have more torque, I have a taller gear ratio, I was using octane booster and I was running on 100RON fuel, I mean what more do you want? Of course I'm going to be faster. BTW I was at around 6,500-6,800RPM at these speeds, my rev limit has been increased to 7,000RPM so yes I was almost out of revs when I did this.

Cheers.

Ok, that didnt sound right...so i bounced it off my mate, and he actually built the gearbox, and did the calibration of the electronic 4 spd boxed in the XR6T, and other FPVs etc.

Quoting him...

W.R.T to XR6T unless it is a completely different auto from the BTR 4-Speed

the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

It is impossible to change the 3rd gear ratio as it is not even a ratio in

the first place. It achieves 1.00 by connecting the input to the output

shaft. The only gears that turn in third inside the transmission are that

of the pump.

As for the mods to fourth gear it becomes more compliecated. It is possible

to get a higher fourth gear but it will effect the other ratios and well as

reverse, as they are all generated in the one gear set.

BTR do make a wide ratio gearset but it is nowhere near the extremes this guy is quoting and it of course still has a 1.00 third.

The problem is the wider the ratio

spreed the weaker the gearset. The standard turbo gearset is rated to 450Nm

while the wide ratio one is only rated to 320Nm being used in Korea for low

power 4WD's

The Typhoon currently only comes in manual. It is too powerful for the BTR

4-Speed. Ford are soon to release (Sept 05) their 6 speed auto which can be

rated to 700Nm so expect to see some big numbers soon

Thats from a guy that develops the gearboxes, and tests drives the cars aroud the proving grounds etc etc.

So im starting to question the real performance of the car...no doubt its powerful and quick, but perhaps not to the extreme quoted :huh:

At the end of the day we still have no evidence so why are we even giving this guy the time of day? Its funny how speaking sh*t wont get you far on a forum where people actually bother to double check things with experts :huh:

LOL, Roy, you beat me to it, haha. I was at western suburb diff&box "these fellas builds most of the fast skyline and V8 cars in bris" and I showed him a print out of the above claim, and he laughs.

He said to me, to get him XR6T number, as he needs someone who can make a stock BTR box handles 800nm.

So im starting to question the real performance of the car...no doubt its powerful and quick, but perhaps not to the extreme quoted :D

I have to agree,

there are just too many changing specifications and unrealistic claims for this to have any credence. I agree that it is fast and powerful for what it is and good on him for getting the car to that level ... but the other claims of over 300kph perfomance for $4400 (trade prices or not) the fact that there still has not been any list of modifications etc etc just isn't cutting it for me

he's selling it but I ain't buying it :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have to agree,

there are just too many changing specifications and unrealistic claims for this to have any credence. I agree that it is fast and powerful for what it is and good on him for getting the car to that level ... but the other claims of over 300kph perfomance for $4400 (trade prices or not) the fact that there still has not been any list of modifications  etc etc just isn't cutting it for me

he's selling it but I ain't buying it  :huh:

Yeah fine. I'm not listing any real modifications because I don't want to tell you. I'm not going to research any modifications that are actually possible, most of the time I just mash my keyboard and whatever comes out comes out. Here's the truth: It makes a heap of power for a street car.

It's damn quick for a street car.

It has seen 330km/h.

It makes 10 l/100km.

Yes it does have a 4.0L capacity so can everyone just stop saying it's not making enough power for it's displacement (most of your GTR's are running so much boost they are effectively an 8.0L so who cares?).

I have spent near $6,500.

1.19sec is my P.B at Mallala.

Ignoring the real gear ratio's you might just say it was set up for drifting. :P

I am not interested in driving 600km to show you a video of me in the car doing 330km/h, besides it isn't as fun as it is shit scary (I'm not too keen on dying or wrecking my car so I'm not going to do it again).

If you want speed buy a Bugatti Veyron and go for a 407km/h drive.

Well I have to admit, that you are enjoying your car, and that why we're all here. Just that when making claims, it better if you can support the claims. But I believe no one here want to see anyone getting hurt trying to substantiate a claim.

Well I have to admit, that you are enjoying your car, and that why we're all here. Just that when making claims, it better if you can support the claims. But I believe no one here want to see anyone getting hurt trying to substantiate a claim.

Well I gave you a dyno sheet from a couple of months ago, shouldn't that satisfy you? I didn't happen to get the camera out and take a photo of the speedo when I was driving (I was more interested in slowing down to keep myself alive before the car started snapping conrods or shooting valve springs around the engine bay). Someone quoted I was running ridiculous boost levels as high as 31psi?!!! Obviously they think they know what their talking about by looking at the timing advance... clearly not. The most boost I have ever run on my car is 16psi, and don't make up something ridiculous to say that I'm not. And by taking the graph to experts you will just embarass yourselves. Damn right I'm enjoying my car, that's how it should be.

Falcon XR6T,

I questioned the boost levels.. 31psi or what ever it worked out to be to myself appeared way too high, especially after browsing the xr6t forums as I often do. :P

Falcon XR6T,

With regards to the boost you are running. Is the dyno sheet correct?

99% of the people here appreciate the XR6T. Its an awesome car with excellent potential, Ford bolting such a decent sized turbo on the side is simply.... awesome.

Edited by Cubes

Im sorry, but to get that much power out of an XR6 you need to spend much more money........to keep it reliable anyway. The engine needs to be rebuilt, there is no way in hell your running so much power on a stock engine.....as for dyno'ing the car in 3rd gear, if it was, get them to do it in 4th then we can have a bit of comparison......things dont add up....like i said, ive got an XR6 Turbo, some people on thie forums have seen in on a couple cruises....i just find that either you have spent a shit load of money on your car and your not telling us what you've done, or your talking things up......either way, why not come clean and just list everything......its not as if we are hanging to steal your secrets, everybody is trying to peice together the bits and peices that spitting out!

FordXR6T doesn't need to go out of his way to prove anything to make a few of you guys happy. It's your choice if you want to believe him or not and it's his choice how far he wants to go in proving his point. He's probably put a lot of effort into getting that much power and wants to keep his mods to himself so he can have one of the fastest xr6t's on the road. Either way the guy deserves a break. However I must admit I did enjoy reading the flaming sessions.

Edited by Vuster

Haha, Mspec. I will believe your claim, but I would doubted that I'll believe you have the ability/balls to photochop a dynosheet to that figure.haha

Vuster, there was never any flamage, it just good fun reading/debate bewteen a few fellas who simply have too much time on their hands, me include. But you got to admit that it was bloody hillarious some of the posts.

Im sorry, but to get that much power out of an XR6 you need to spend much more money........to keep it reliable anyway. The engine needs to be rebuilt, there is no way in hell your running so much power on a stock engine.....as for dyno'ing the car in 3rd gear, if it was, get them to do it in 4th then we can have a bit of comparison......things dont add up....like i said, ive got an XR6 Turbo, some people on thie forums have seen in on a couple cruises....i just find that either you have spent a shit load of money on your car and your not telling us what you've done, or your talking things up......either way, why not come clean and just list everything......its not as if we are hanging to steal your secrets, everybody is trying to peice together the bits and peices that spitting out!

O.K, had enough. Even though this is around the money I have spent I don't care what your opinions are. I don't care if you think this or that should be done, there is no point to even make it sound like you know what your talking about because in front of me, your just making an ass out of yourself, no offence. Yeah right, a 4.0L Six Cylinder Turbo could never make under 400rwkw on a stock engine... loosen your grip mate, you're tugging it too hard. I'll admit, you guys know alot more than I thought you would know but you are what's known as enthusiasts. I do this for a living o.k? Don't even try and tell me what I should do to my car to make that kind of power, this is my profession. I am a diagnostics technician and a tuner. I'm not very interested in posting in the tech section because that is why I get away from work, and again, you guys know more than I thought you would for enthusiasts but a select few of you keep challenging the power levels I'm making. I keep my mods to myself (so I'm not going to list any real ones) but I definetly have done this extremely cheaply so don't bother trying to tell me how much money I've spent either, that's just ridiculous. I appreciate the people who aren't always questioning everything and are just happy that I'm enjoying my car, I notice that on this thread no-one else is opening up with the mods done to their car or the money spent because sometimes it is best kept to yourself, and you don't leave yourself open to criticism if someone doesn't agree. So once again I don't care if you want to be so childish and annoying but you have to ask yourself, what is the point? I won't list mods, I won't record videos of dangerous driving or any driving for that matter, because I don't care if you don't believe me, I have nothing to prove to you. I have told you how much money I have spent, and I'm not going to lie to keep you happy. Maybe you should start talking with me, instead of at me. Just a suggestion.

Cheers.