SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

i ran 235/45's all day every day on R33 GTR rims, 17x9 +30 with a 235/45 is pretty much the limit for inner clearance, u wont need a flare to fit it in the guard, but ull need to roll the guard, which is something u need to do to fit any decent size wheel. depends how much camber u are running as well, but imo its perfect size for stock guards.

DSCN0042.jpg

Thanks mate. Just from looking at the rims on my car now it seems that the rim is already out of the guard a bit which is why I thought a bit of a flare would be needed. I'll see how I go.

White looks good.:D Might be up for a bit of powder coating too! Did you ever have the car lower than that pic?

Did you ever do track work with that setup?

Hi guys, as for me I have

Skyline model = R33

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 8" front, 9.5'' rear

Wheel offset = 35

Tyre size = 235/45/18 front, 265/45/18 rear,

as for winter (here in Russia its a bit snowy :D ) I put on rear 245/45/18

Wow. Skyline in Russia. That's awesome!

Yeah 20 now. Further out is a smaller number. That's a pretty aggresive offset! Did you need the spacers to clear the suspension?

Yeah it is pretty aggressive, I'm thinking of replacing the rear spacers with 30mm items, but I'm worried about the bearings letting go. Any thoughts??

I had to put the spacers, as the dish on the front wheels didn't clear the brake calipers, even with the spacers it only clears by 1.5mm...

hey peoples..just a quick section for the wheel topic....

ive had my 33 gtst for awhile now but neva wondered what offset they were til tonight now im looking for spare wheels for powercruise next month..it's got 205/55 tyres on it now but ive got no idea about what offset they are...i think they are the standard ones for a 4 door R33.. can someone please help me? lol

post-41794-1216374206_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate. Just from looking at the rims on my car now it seems that the rim is already out of the guard a bit which is why I thought a bit of a flare would be needed. I'll see how I go.

White looks good.:D Might be up for a bit of powder coating too! Did you ever have the car lower than that pic?

Did you ever do track work with that setup?

nah never went lower than that, thats the recommended height for performance.

i have done track work on R33 GTR rims, not the ones u see there, i didnt have them long, but my first set of R33 GTR rims saw both grip and drift, never had any scrapage issues. i was running about -1.5 degrees of camber all round at the time

i just bought volk racing 17''x9 an 17x8 offset 34 .. they wont fit on my r32 gtst. What can i do to make them fit

Skyline model = R32 GTSt

Wheel diameter = 17

Wheel width = 8(F) 9®

Wheel offset = +34(F)

Tyre size = 235/45/17

Modifications to fit = SOMEE ONE PLEASE TELL ME !! lol.

um, how does it not fit? lol need a bit more details.

WELL!! on the wheel it says 5x114.3 but the pattern just dosnt seem to match.. could my car be realy wierd an have a differnt pattern to standard.ha . or are volk racing wheels just STUPID!!

=(

hey guys i need some help as im a complete offset noob

i have a r33 gtst s2 and i want to fit up some 18x8.5 18x9.5 dtm rush wheels from access autoworks in the trader section

wat is the offset needed, my car has stock suspension but cud by lowerd a tad

cheers :blush:

WELL!! on the wheel it says 5x114.3 but the pattern just dosnt seem to match.. could my car be realy wierd an have a differnt pattern to standard.ha . or are volk racing wheels just STUPID!!

=(

my thought is 2 things, either the centrebore is too small for the standard hub (not likely) or the spokes dont have enough clearance to fit over the calipers, and as soon as u try and put the wheel on it is fouling, even before it gets far on the studs.

with the centrebore, i mean the hole right in the middle of the wheel, this is meant to slip over and centre on the little ring that sticks our from the mounting surface where the studs are (this is called the hub ring), now most aftermarket wheels have a centre bore that is bigger than the hub ring so its not an issue, ive only ever had one set of wheels that had a centrebore that wasnt bigger than standard, it was exactly the same size and standard, and they were a bit of a bitch to get on the hub and align on the studs as there was a bit of corrosion and much in the centrebore so it didnt want to slide over the hub ring too easily. so first id check this.

what id do is jack it up, take one of the REAR wheels off, and trial fit one of the new front and one of the rears on there, there is a few reasons for this, but mainly because the rear uses small calipers and it is very rare for a wheel not to fit over those calipers, whereas its fairly common for a wheel not to fit over the front calipers as they are relatively large.

P190708_1658.jpg

P190708_1657.jpg

17x9 +20 Rolled guards, unsure on camber, only slight scrape on front inner guard on full lock.

are they grenades or R34 GTR wheels? assuming they are grenades as obviously the GTR's are +30, just want to make sure.

hey guys i need some help as im a complete offset noob

i have a r33 gtst s2 and i want to fit up some 18x8.5 18x9.5 dtm rush wheels from access autoworks in the trader section

wat is the offset needed, my car has stock suspension but cud by lowerd a tad

cheers :D

hey mate, that is what this thread is for, read through and find out what other people have run and what they have needed to do to make them fit.

if it was me wanting some wheels to sit nice inside the guards without worrying too much about fitment, id go around +35 and give both the front and rear guards a roll

are they grenades or R34 GTR wheels? assuming they are grenades as obviously the GTR's are +30, just want to make sure.

yea their Grenades, i think they look really good too, they dont have that "cheap" look to them at all.

P190708_1658.jpg

P190708_1657.jpg

17x9 +20 Rolled guards, unsure on camber, only slight scrape on front inner guard on full lock.

what size tyres are you running?

rims look hawt though :thumbsup:

Thanks, its not my car though, its a friends, tyres are 215/40 Maxxis MAV-1's which seem to just have enough stretch

And yes for all the stock (but rolled) guard R32 GTS/T's out there 17 by 9 +20 seems to be a winning combination :D

Edited by Ceffy_SA