SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

What about a 265/35/18 then? i just wanted to get a wider tire so the rim doesnt stick out futher than the tyre wall and it wont look like the wheel sits in the guard as much,the 40 series is a much nicer ride on the road too coz i have all ikeya formula controll arms top and bottom around.

This is for the front will be rolling rear guards soon so i can fit my rears

Skyline model = R33 GTS-T 1997

Wheel diameter = 17"

Wheel width =9

Wheel offset =22

Tyre size =215/45

Modifications to fit = slightly lowered on coilovers still running splash guard

hey guys, Im trying to pick some new wheels n sizes. What's recommended for r33 gtst with standard suspension,

currently have 17 x 8fronts(not sure offsets), 17 x 9rears with 235.45.17 tyres and have heaps of clearance lol..

I would like to go for 19's or 18's dish type wheels but unsure of offsets, cambers and clearances. dont want to do any mods to fit and I will lower it with coilovers to suit after wheels fitted. Thanks for any help

test fitted

17x9 +22 - 215/45/R17

18x10 +18 - 235/40/R18

IMG_2791.jpg

car is lowered slightly going to roll my rear guards next week to check if it scrubs i'm hoping it tucks through dynamic camber lol

ok lads, got new sizing in mind, and im gonna get the rears flared if need be cause this is the look i want

work emotion XD9's

rear: 18x10 + 18 225/40/18

front: 18x9 + 12 215/40/18

I will definitely be running some camber on the rear (bout 3 degs) and some on the front if need be...

how are these gonna fit mr nisskid?

ok lads, got new sizing in mind, and im gonna get the rears flared if need be cause this is the look i want

work emotion XD9's

I will definitely be running some camber on the rear (bout 3 degs) and some on the front if need be...

oh for a 33 gtst btw, with the rear guards rolled flat already

work emotion XD9's

very aggressive, very nice :down:

use camber adjustment to get the fitment just right.

bit of a weird request, can only think it's for drag, they should fit.

I want it for drag use and a little street use :down:

with 255/50/16 ET Street Radials.

Will i need any spacers? Only for rear fitment!

work emotion XD9's

Hey Braddd, this is my first post and I don't want to come in too hard straight off the cuff, so forgive me if this sounds too authoritative, but you know thats not legal right?

225/40R18's shouldn't be mounted on anything bigger than a 9" wheel.

215/40R18's shouldn't be mounted on anything bigger than a 8.5" wheel.

with that in mind have you considered;

rear: 255/35R18

front: 225/40R18 or even a 235/35R18 (a bit hard to find)

its all about the stretch! haha

are you sure 225/40 is legal for 9" rim? i would have thought youd be pushing it..

bradd u wont need to flare rear just roll guards and camber should look tough as! ive got 18x10 +20 and i just rolled but havent dumped it yet may need more guard modification when i drop another inch.

also nisskid what are the chances of fitting a 255 or 265 under r33 guards lots of camber im guessing?

its all about the stretch! haha

are you sure 225/40 is legal for 9" rim? i would have thought youd be pushing it..

bradd u wont need to flare rear just roll guards and camber should look tough as! ive got 18x10 +20 and i just rolled but havent dumped it yet may need more guard modification when i drop another inch.

also nisskid what are the chances of fitting a 255 or 265 under r33 guards lots of camber im guessing?

again, I'm not trying to be a smartarse here, just trying to provide some help... :P

According to the Tyre & Rim Association of Australia Standards Manual, which is what all state authorities reference on wheel & tyre standards, a 225/40R18 may only be mounted on a 7.5" - 9" wheel. (Nominal width is 8").

It's worth mentioning that this manual supercedes any claim made by a manufacturer regarding wheel width min-max.

This from the website:

The Standards Manual is a necessary reference for all tyre and wheel manufacturers and retailers, as well as vehicle and implement manufacturers, vehicle service organisations, transport authorities, government bodies, road and traffic authorities, fleet operators, agricultural vehicle and machinery users. Current Standards Manuals are a nominated standard for many Australian Design Rules (pertaining to the design and manufacture of automotive products) and State Transport and motor vehicle regulations.

is this manual what police will defect you via?

i got done on the weekend for a 235/40 on a 18x10 so now im thinking ill just stick the right size what is recommened for 10" in your book pls?