SAU Community

R33 Gtst 250rwkw Gt30r

mass_iv

It is possible to tune an AFM based on grams/s vs voltage (MASS transfer function).  I do it all the time when dickheads pull the mesh off the GENIII MAF sensor - thats got to be worth at least 25rwkw's!!!!!!!!

Rob, when you say you tune an AFM on grams/s vs voltage what do you mean? I understand how hotwire/Karman Vortex/MAP sensors work, but how are you doing this?

Cheers

Matt

P.S. You should know that the mesh holds up the airflow!! :D:)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol guys i know, but when u dont know much about a GT30R, and the sellers tell you that they bolt straight on u have to believe them.. but hey i worked it out and now im about 3 or 4 days away from having my car tuned and ready to go. i put the injectors in tomorrow then off it goes to the exhaust place for some mdoifactions to the dump....

ok guys heres the latest: ive almost finished my upgrades, initially it was supposed to be done over a six month period but its been a month now and my car is booked for a tune on thursday!!! yay i cant wait

the only thing left to do is the cams but im not to keen on them anytime soon...ill be entering the sau drag day in novemeber hopefully aiming at a low 12, well im trying to reach a 12 flat but i guess we will see!!!

forgot to say, if anyone wants to know, for an rb25 the sard 550cc injectors fit like a dream, only mod is the plug that comes with them, needs to be changed with the standard one...

...ill be entering the sau drag day in novemeber hopefully aiming at a low 12, well im trying to reach a 12 flat but i guess we will see!!!

Have you entered the drag day yet? I believe there's only one spot left if you haven't...

I'm curious to see how your car runs. I'm also going down the GT30 route and should have it complete for the drag day, so it'll be interesting to compare how our car's perform :P

yeh i havent entered yet but since u tell me that theres only one spot left i guess i have to make up my mind soon, u see i dont have a license, so i have to find a driver.... have u started the work on ur car?

i should have mine back soon ill let u know how it turns out as in if its laggy and etc....

yeh i havent entered yet but since u tell me that theres only one spot left i guess i have to make up my mind soon, u see i dont have a license, so i have to find a driver.... have u started the work on ur car?

i should have mine back soon ill let u know how it turns out as in if its laggy and etc....

I haven't started work on my car yet as I'm still trying to decide on where to get the work done...just need to speak to a few more people first before I make a decision (should know by the end of the week). I've basically already got everything to support the power I'm chasing either on the car or in my garage ready to go (other than turbo, manifold, wastegate...and possibly cams?), so it should hopefully be a fairly straight forward process once I get the ball rolling so to speak.

Can I ask what size turbine housing did you go for? I'm guessing 0.82...

I'll be using the same and I'm expect to start seeing boost around 3500rpm.

Also, which GT30 have you used?

i.e Is it one of the HPinabox 500hp turbos or one of the GT3040R 600hp turbos from GCG for example.

Either way, i'd definately be interested to hear about your results, so let us know how you go once you've got it all completed and tuned.

Good luck with it.

BTW, I think you may have missed the boat with the drag day...I think it's full up now (unless you got the last spot).

If you're keen, I'd be getting your name on the reserve list asap, as there's always 1 or 2 people that may pull out before the day.

yeh i know i just pm'd for a spot but i dunno, i can still enter at wsid, but i wanted to go to the sau drag meet, just to compare my car with other lines.

and yeh i did go for the 0.82 rear, and i got my turbo from japan, its directly from garrett, its a garrett GT30R turbo... my mate who did the work for me works for MRT, and if u like i can get u a quote from him for labor if u have all the parts like wat i did? all it cost me was labor and any extra parts....

Mate,

I am in the same boat. I installed my GT30 about 2 weeks ago and since then I have been cruzing around at 1/4 trottle as it's not been tuned yet... Its so hard not to give her a skirt <_<

I have put the foot down once or twise but the knock goes through the roof so I must show self restraint...

2 weeks to go for me, I reakon it would be easier if I just dopped the car off at the tuners now and ride to work for the 2 weeks :D

yeh i know, i cant wait man, its so close but it feels like i have to wait ages... few more days now...

yeh, i had that feeling about 2 weeks ago also, but the diff for me was my car had a shit load of stuff changed at the same time, so i could never drive it, once i get it tuned ill be ripping up the streets a few times, my neighbors are going to hate me...LOL

Mate,

I am in the same boat. I installed my GT30 about 2 weeks ago and since then I have been cruzing around at 1/4 trottle as it's not been tuned yet... Its so hard not to give her a skirt  <_<

I have put the foot down once or twise but the knock goes through the roof so I must show self restraint...

2 weeks to go for me, I reakon it would be easier if I just dopped the car off at the tuners now and ride to work for the 2 weeks  :D

Hi Guys, keep all of us informed. It will be good to see the results. I dropped my 1995 GTS-T M-Spec (series 2 engine) at Racepace here in Vic last Saturday. I too got a new Garrett GT30 (550hp) with a HKS ext. gate, &a new HKS cast manifold, Apexi PowerFC, Nismo 550cc injectors, Z32 AFM, Splitfire coilpack & a Apexi AVC-R.

I previously had my engine (rebuilt with Mahl forged pistons, GTR rods & all the other gear etc...) dynoed at 212.9 rwkw@14psi using the std turbo, AFM, injectors, coils etc... using a Apexi SAFC 2, Apexi GT spec FMIC, K&N induction (big oval pod etc..) & a external Bosch 044 pump with surge tank.

Have you guys thought about a oil cooler with relocation kit? I am installing mine when I get the car back, as it will save some money this way & your engine.

I dont think that I need a oil cooler as my car has never seen the track and wont for awhile. On the street it only gets hammered here and there. However the re-location of the oil filter would be handy but not handy enough to justify the dollars.

Hi Guys, keep all of us informed.  It will be good to see the results.  I dropped my 1995 GTS-T M-Spec (series 2 engine) at Racepace here in Vic last Saturday.  I too got a new  Garrett GT30 (550hp) with a HKS ext. gate, &a new HKS cast manifold,  Apexi PowerFC, Nismo 550cc injectors, Z32 AFM, Splitfire coilpack & a Apexi AVC-R.

I previously had my engine  (rebuilt with Mahl forged pistons, GTR rods & all the other gear etc...)  dynoed at 212.9 rwkw@14psi  using the std turbo, AFM, injectors, coils etc... using a Apexi SAFC 2, Apexi GT spec FMIC, K&N induction (big oval pod etc..) & a external Bosch 044 pump with surge tank.

Have you guys thought about a oil cooler with relocation kit?  I am installing mine when I get the car back, as it will save some money this way & your engine.

yeh i agree, my car wont be seeing the track either, im going to focus on making it less laggy, maybe chuck in a new intake plenum and work on the cams, and i guess that would it.. when i get bored of this i will prob sell it and get a GTR, thats my ultimate goal, an R33 GTR!

but for now i think being 20 and having a series II with the mods that it has, and being stuck at uni, and not owing any money for it i guess i should be happy.

Hey guys one question.

You're using a 550hp (approx) turbo and only aiming for about 250rwkw? Won't this be running the turbo quite a bit below its' efficiency range?

If you wanted 250rwkw, wouldn't a GT-RS have been a better option due to the fact that it will be far more responsive?

A 550hp turbo should be good for towards 300rwkw.

yeh that is true, but a GT-RS will set u back a lot more then a GT30R, also i am aiming at around 300rwkw, but money is a factor at the moment, as i dont have the $$$ to spend on the engine as yet, also the drive train mods required to achieve a reliable 300rwkw....