SAU Community

R33 Gtst 250rwkw Gt30r

mass_iv

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECR033, did u find someone to do the work for you? if ur looking at somewhere pm me and i can give my mates at MRT a call and get a quote for you, just tell me wat work needs to be done and wat parts u have.....

Not yet mate - still looking into it. Once I sort out exactly what I need done, I'll drop you a PM :P

id say ur clutch will hold, i had a 5 puk clutch before this one and man it used to take a thrashing, just was a little bit of a bitch when it heated up... i dunno though

it depends on the clamping pressure too, your one might be fine just wait and see...

with most puks and buttons they are not meant to be slipped much at all, so if you slip it they overheat quickly and will slip easily. but once cooled down they will be fine again..

so yeah if u dont slip them they should be fine.

I run a 9puk Ceramic 1tonne, these handle up to around 300rwkw without any issues.

I had a play with launching in second at 3000rpm, the clutch had to be ridden otherwise it would break out in to a wheel spin.

With quite a bit of slipping it showed zero signs of wanting to slip, felt exactly the same after the big slip, unlike organics that go all crappy until they cool down.

I've previously had organic clutches that with a hard launch had second gear slipping. :P

Ceramics tollerate heat better than organics in the respect of grip however they are known to burnout quick if they are slipped too much.

hey guys just dropped my car off at the exhaust place to get the dump fixed up, should be done by this arvo, then the tuner will take it tonight and hopefully it will be mine tomorrow, worst case wednesday.....yay cant wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, tuner got back from jamboree today, he was really impressed with the power my car is putting out on a mild tune. from wat he says, cruising at 90kmh in 3rd gear, once he puts his foot down the car starts wheel spinning. car goes on dyno this saturday for a proper tune and reading. Look out guys this is looking promising!!!!

Yep new tires.

240rwkw here and with new 225's I'm lucky to start losing traction in second on a smooth flat road.

I can chirp into third with a nice clutch slam but noooooooo hope of the car breaking traction due to pure power in this gear.

What tyres are those? I have some cheap 265's with new tread and can spin up in second... with only 200rwkw

Edited by GunMetalR33

yeh guys i know that, but my tyres are fine, they are new and i have 255's, it spins them easy, i have dunlop sports which have a fair bit more traction then my old tyres, i used to be able to spin 3rd with a clutch dab before, now its even easier....