SAU Community

Rb26tt Into S15

Why would you swap a SR20 for a RB26? Do you know how cheap it is to modify a SR20? A 2.2ltr bottom end costs around $4-5K and the prices for other parts are far less expensive compared to similar RB26 components.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from somebody who's stuffing one into an S13, save yourself the trouble!! Getting a decent rb26dett (good compression and leakdown #s) took me 5 months with an importer's help, I haven't wired it in yet so I still don't even know how it runs. Ofcourse I live in the U.S. where importing from Japan is much more difficult, you aussie's get first pick DAMN-IT.

Here's what I've gotten out of my own prodject.

The SR is by far more complementing to the Silvia's weight distribution. Not only does it weight around 180lbs less, but because it's 2 cylinders shorter it's center of gravity is much closer to the center of the car.

The SR is a very high strung motor when pushed to the natural hp #'s of the rb26.

The fitment issues of the smallest siliva, the S13, are not a problem with motor mounts from mckinney. http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/ These guys know more about swapping any rb into any silvia more than ANYONE. Give them a call, only if you're serious, these guys are Extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

If I were to do my project all over again, I would be very tempted to go with the SR, as I DREAD, the day my RB needs internal parts. I don't think I've ever seen parts prices so high !! :D

My car would definately dominate yours on a drag strip, but unfortunately, my love is for circuit racing, for which a properly modified SR would be ideal. Goodluck man, let us know what you figure.

My two cents is just an added bit to your search, but if you want to know what's possible and what's not, call those guys at Mckinney!!!!

how would the s15 gearbox go behind the rb26...? you would most likely need to be running the rb25 or rb26 gearboxes wouldn't you? what about the s14 5sp is that a viable option?

an rb26 powered s15 would be sweeeeet... and sound horn!