SAU Community

Lose pts for defects after July

400HP

I heard from a friend that after July cops will be able to pin you for 2 pts if you get a defect.... does anyone know if this is true?

Since almost everything is defective these days is it possible to get engineers certificates or anything else to legalise any modifications such as airfilters, BOV's or whatever else you can get pinned for??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diabolik1

I heard they will be cracking down on loud stereos and smoky exhausts and will be slappin ppl with points.

SOB's

From what i have read and heard, some of the rules are changing.

The freakin cops are going to able to pin us and take 2 points off if they THINK an exaust to too loud, THINK the car is too low, THINK something is a defect.

Seriously, its all about revenue raising.

It's so full of BS that i have stopped my plans on modifiying my 'Line at all now...:)

That's shit.... And people wonder why i dont wanna get a 180sx on my L's..! one defect and all my points will be gone! It's unfair i tell u! I could leave it 100% stock and they would STILL find something to defect me for i know it.

Ryan: yes its a royal crock but there aint jack you can do about it.

I will be taking every step to make my car cop proof and if they STILL persist in hassling me about it (they have to catch me first)

Then i will take the pricks to court.

About the only thing I forsee having a problem with is the wheels i have ordered and my carbon bonnet

If they thing my wheels are to shiny they can jam it!

Yes

Normally this will only happen if you are pulled into a defect station which has all the required gear to test your vehicle and confirm that it DOESNT comply. If they cant prove it they cant defect you and overrule your engineers report

This doesnt mean there arent cops that wont try to though :)

Hmm, i'm going to look into exhausts and filters which should be OK even if tested..

What else can they test you for at the defect station? I just want to know before i go and get a car... i want to be 100% sure, i don't want to risk losing it all before i even get off my P's....

If this were the case,

I'd be defected for

1. tints

2. wheels

3.? too low?

so that would be 6 points?? :headshot:

or is it 2 points everytime you get defected? (i doubt it)

I heard that if your car has 3+ defects,

you car can be impounded? Can anyone

confirm?

my car is a piece of shit 1984 prelude and i could be defected for the following:

1) exhaust

2) wheels pop out of the car a bit

3) i have those shitty chrome pedals over my accelerator and brake (ill prob take em off)

4) and for my steering wheel

thats a total of 8 points for a crappy car like mine

anyway there is little you can do about it

but its not the cops eho make the rules its those "smart" people in the government who know "everything" about cars and realise that "noone's" hobbys are car.......sarcasm not overused

I just realised the old fart at the RTA didn't bust me for my pedals with no rubber inserts!:confused: He even got in and reved the engine! Old fart at RTA "don't got puttin anything back on cos you'll lose 2 points per defect at the start of july".......Me "cool, cya later" :lol:

Ok, anyone able to clear this up? If your car passes registration then it is deemed roadworthy, and you should have ground for recourse if you are defected?

Do you lose 2 points per defect on the spot? Or only if you don't fix them? Or what? Can you get them cleared and not lose points?

For christs sake, two of my mates were bashed in seperate incidents on seperate stations in what i thought was a decent area on the weekend. One is in hospital with 10 stiches to his eye, probalaly lucky he didnt lose it.

So next excursion to a secluded location, where the only person whose lives i am possibly endangering, i can take pride in knowing that by giving up some points and money to defects, that im contributing toward safety in our community? What a load of crap :)

Sorry but this really dosen't make any sense to me at all.. where are the priorities :D

what station was that at??

if you get caught with any defect its 2 points on the spot. if cops believe its a defect they can give you a defect. its ALL up to them which sucks balls. i htink the RTA website has more info

Considering there is a police station 400m up the road it should be alright. I suppose its better allocation of resources to send a few cars up the old road chasing "hoons", than to protect the general public from walking the streets. :)

I've never had a defect before so maybe someone can enlighten me, but what happens in a scenario where your wrongly accused. Eg a cop defects you for what he THINKS is a defectable item or reason, which is later proven not to be or to be within the guidelines for the item.

Say for instance if a cop pulls you over and defects you as he claims your ride is lower than 100 mm. You advise him that it is certainly not, yet as he THINKS it is, your defected. After that point is there any way of getting his decsision overruled, or to prove your case ? Obviously after your defected if you go and have it tested by the RTA and it comes back your ride height is indeed within regulations, they will merely say you modified it after the notice and your stuck with the defect.

In the same way, what if you have an aftermarket plumb back BOV, and just because the cop see's a shiny peice of metal, you cop a defect and a fine ... no matter how much you tell the cop it's not atmo venting, he still wont believe you and states it is and you've just tightened it .... what can you do to avoid being wrongly defected ?

What ever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty ? and who put this monkey in charge ?