SAU Community

Gearbox Question R33 Gtst

Frosty

if anyone has any information please let me know

Apparently the mechanism can be change on the PUSh type box to a PULL type mechanism.........

Does anyone have more information on this???

ie... slave cylinder need to be changed??

where to get pull type mechanism from??

Any info would be great

Cheers

Apparently the mechanism can be change on the PUSh type box to a PULL type mechanism.........

I have never seen a PUSH to PULL conversion, the ones I have seen/used are all PULL to PUSH conversions. This is so you can use the more common (ie; cheaper) PUSH style of pressure plate.

Why do you want to convert a PUSH to PULL? B) I can't think of one reason why I would bother. PUSH clutches are more common and much cheaper, PUSH gearboxes are far more common.

;) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

any one have these parts and want to get rid of them

if so plz pm me!

I spoke to a couple of mates only an hour ago about exactly this. One of them had converted from push to pull and it was a painstaking exercise that he'd never do again :lol:

But yeah as TJ said you'll need the bellhousing and fork etc from a pull-type gearbox.

But yeah as TJ said you'll need the bellhousing and fork etc from a pull-type gearbox.

For a GTR box is it possible to drill and tap into the bellhousing?, My bellhousing looks to have 2 areas where a push slave cylinder could be used.

Will the push fork fit into a "pull" bellhousing and vice versa or is there more to it than that.

post-19419-1125682334.jpg

post-19419-1125682627.jpg

post-19419-1125682725.jpg

post-19419-1125683667.jpg

Edited by retrotec

Guest DIRTgarage
For a GTR box is it possible to drill and tap into the bellhousing?, My bellhousing looks to have 2 areas where a push slave cylinder could be used.

Will the push fork fit into a "pull" bellhousing and vice versa or is there more to it than that.

yes you can drill and tap the bellhousing,but......you will need to change the clutch fork as they are different