SAU Community

Turbo Spool Noise - Gtr

BNR

i found the best way to get ppl to notice me when i am coming down the street is too add a restrictor which will give off AWESOME cooler noises....best to use a potato and push it into your exhaust. Try not to let any of the exhaust fumes escape cos you are trying to aim for the pressure build up. Trust me...it worked for me!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a brotec se8 fitted on my sr20 in the cefiro.

Before having it people just thought it was a camry.. now I have people asking me if it's got a GTR engine or if it's a JGTC car!!

Good choice CC - the SE8 version of the Brotech includes the hertz regulator control module that can be used to adjust your cam timing in car while you drive. With the HRCM at its peak load, HP can be realistically increased by 25% instantly - even with stock cams. Works especially well on rotary powered vehicles.

i wont give you shit like everyone else "seems" to be

if you want induction noise your going to HAVE to put pods on.

the good news is that in most states one intake mod is allowed, usually either front mount/airpods, but considering GTR's already have a front mount you should be able to change pods without a defect risk.

I have taken my car through vehicle inspections in SA twice with pods on.

if your really worried you might be risking a defect call the RTA/email them in your state and ask "can i put airpods on my car, lots of other people have them but im not sure if they are illegal?"

Please don't get an emulator. You have a GTR man. A REAL twin turbo monster. People who don't have turbos pretend they have stuff.. you don't need to pretend anything.

I heard that sound clip of someone that said they had some brotech system, sound disgusting, maybe just recording quality....

And while we are at it, please don't put a bonnet scoop on it either! Or HUB CAPS!!!!!

And while we are at it, please don't put a bonnet scoop on it either! Or HUB CAPS!!!!!

hmm i dano,

brotech's work alot better with bonnet scoops.. my mate has one on his GTR, he only has a small scoop, but is upgrading to a much bigger one soon. He is also upgrading to the newer brotech, you can flick between 2.6ltr and 3.ltr on the roll! B) forget the name of the new one tho

hmm i dano,

brotech's work alot better with bonnet scoops.. my mate has one on his GTR, he only has a small scoop, but is upgrading to a much bigger one soon.  He is also upgrading to the newer brotech, you can flick between 2.6ltr and 3.ltr on the roll!  B)  forget the name of the new one tho

I heard with the new one you can also swap between your big single turbo for 3ltr mode or your high flowed twins on 2.6ltr mode, on the roll of course.

Did I hear correctly????????

found this - www.takakaira.com/accessories/nightpager/nightpager.html

Ali-turko, dont mean to offend, but people like you are the reason people think skyline drivers are wankers.

what's real funny about this whole BOV/no BOV argument that repeats itself here is that the no BOV crew think it's cool to have the "pigeon" sound, which , correct me if I'm wrong, is just as attention grabbing as some of the bovs on the market, so before pointing the finger saying people that run and like the sound of BOV's calling them ricers etc, take a look at yourselves! Dont get me wrong, I hate those stupid "ultrasonic happy joy bus brake 3ssqvrt" Bov's as much as the next guy, but I run a greddy type s BOV that is not designed as such to whistle, but is just a by product of it's construction, and something which I do happen to like the sound of. It's not intrusive, and doesn't make people I'm passing think something is wrong with my car, it's just enough to know it's there. My car also came with a pod filter which means if I do the plumb back option, it ends up sounding like afore mentioned bus brake BOV, which I hate the sound of so dearly. I would actually like to quiet mine down a bit because I am very conscious of the volume of the sucking sound you get from the pod filter, but I'm not really sure if there is any option other then to revert back to a standard airbox.

So, bnr, after all that, the easest was to get a bit more noise that i've seen (which i think is a bit silly and cheap looking, but none the less) is to drill a whole bunch of holes in your airbox on the dirty side of the air filter. you could also remove the resonating chamber from the airbox (the one that usually goes in to the inner guard - also kind of a cold air intake - it's designed to reduce sound emissions).

Honestly, what's wrong with having a turbo and wanting it to sound more like a turbo?

Edited by jezzerrr