SAU Community

Bride Style Reclining Racing Seats - $449 Per Pair - In Stock!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do these seats have a quick release to recline the chair forward or do u have to sit there and manually recline it to get access to the back

cheers

Hi mate, we have both lever type and winder type available - the mechanism type varies according to the colour seats - some use winder and some use the lever mechanism

We are awaiting out shipment to clarify the specifics

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

These seats use quality material and similar steel frame to our existing range of sports seats and therefore are all ADR approved.

Hi, do you have any black/black ones left?

You said they are ADR approved, can you please tell me which ADRs they comply with? Also, all ADR compliant items have a registration number issued against them. Can you please quote the ADR reg number for these seats so I can verify it through the Dept of Regional and Transport Services who issue them. All I have to do is quote the number and they will verify that the item has ADR approval. This is common practice for ADR compliant safety related items.

As you know ADR approval is important so that people don't end up with 2 broken femurs or worse because the seat failed in an accident. This is a great deal, just want to do my homework before I order some though because crash safety is important and that's what ADR compliance checks on.

Kind regards

Edited by GTR32

These seats use quality material and similar steel frame to our existing range of sports seats and therefore are all ADR approved.

Hi, do you have any black/black ones left?

You said they are ADR approved, can you please tell me which ADRs they comply with? Also, all ADR compliant items have a registration number issued against them. Can you please quote the ADR reg number for these seats so I can verify it through the Dept of Regional and Transport Services who issue them. All I have to do is quote the number and they will verify that the item has ADR approval. This is common practice for ADR compliant safety related items.

As you know ADR approval is important so that people don't end up with 2 broken femurs or worse because the seat failed in an accident. This is a great deal, just want to do my homework before I order some though because crash safety is important and that's what ADR compliance checks on.

Kind regards

Hi mate, no worries at all.

Give Darron a call in the store on (02) 9545 0532 and he will confirm the ADR details you are after.

We sent our sample seats away for expensive testing, something that virtualy nobody else who is selling similar seats has done, so we wont be posting the specifics of the ADR testing on the forum itself.

What we are doing however, if giving customers who request it, a copy of the relevant ADR paperwork when they purchase their seats for verification.

If you have any further questions, dont hesitate to ask.

As mentioned, give us a call and either speak to me or to Darron and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Steve

Just Jap

Give Darron a call in the store on (02) 9545 0532 and he will confirm the ADR details you are after.

We sent our sample seats away for expensive testing, something that virtualy nobody else who is selling similar seats has done, so we wont be posting the specifics of the ADR testing on the forum itself.

What we are doing however, if giving customers who request it, a copy of the relevant ADR paperwork when they purchase their seats for verification.

As mentioned, give us a call and either speak to me or to Darron and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Steve

Just Jap

Thanks Steve, I'm impressed that you have taken the time and spent the money as the dodgy sellers won't - as you'd be aware, the the claim of 'ADR compliant' often fails under scrutiny. Just hate the thought of people being injured. The specifics of the testing are in the relevant ADRs for car seats so I don't expect you to post them, however if you can please post just the ADR registration number it means I and other buyers can verify with DOTARS that they are ADR compliant and have peace of mind regarding their crash worthiness (saves you the paperwork too). It's just a matter of calling them for the independant verification and then I can place my order.

Cheers

Edited by GTR32

Thanks mate, and your entirely correct. Many other sellers claim their seats are "ADR Compliant" which is vastly different to a seat that is ADR approved.

For the peace of mind of our customers, we have had our seats put through the vigorous testing process to obtain the ADR approval.

This makes life a lot easier.

Regarding the actual ADR approval numbers, as I mention please contact us for these direct as Darron has this information.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

How far off are the seats???????

Thanks

Hi mate, the ETA at this stage is the 10th for the arrival of the container into our store.

We are hoping this doesnt change but unfortunately with all the shipping chaos around the ports at the moment, its hard to say for sure.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve

Regards,

Steve

Just Jap

Hi Steve,

I called Darron and he gave me a number. Unfortunately neither DOTARS nor the RTA recognised it. They also advised that the only way a seat can be ADR approved is for it to be either crash tested or inspected by an engineer, but in both cases it must be while the seat is fitted to a car and then the seat is only ADR approved for use with that specific model. The RTA then issue a 'no objection' letter in which they state that they have 'no objection' to the seat being fitted to that specific model. A consulting engineer who does inspections has verified this. In other words if I have the seat inspected and ADR approved in a Skyline, I can't assume that the same seat is ADR approved for use in a Silvia. Similarly you can't say a seat from a Focus is ADR approved when fitted to a Falcon, even though they may have past tests or inspection when fitted to their original vehicles. This is largely because the numerous relevant ADRs encompass not just seats but anchorages and head restraints also.

Both the RTA and the engineer told me that while seats alone could be tested ie have g forces etc applied to the point of failure at various load points, this would only result in a certificate that specified what tests were done and how, not that it complies with ADRs - as previously mentioned the seat needs to be fitted to a vehicle for that and then the approval is vehicle specific. Can you please advise exactly how these seats are ADR complied and for what, as right now it's a little confusing although the position taken by DOTARS and the RTA seems clear. Feel free to make your own enquiries to corroborate what I've found out.

Thanks

Edited by GTR32

Please give me a call directly regarding this on (02) 9545 0532 tommorrow rather than questioning our products further here.

I need to confirm how DOTARS and the RTA fit into this, but what I know is we have all the ADR Approval paperwork, which also shows the results of the vigorous testing that the seats endure to gain the ADR approval.

Seats are engineered all the time when fitted to different vehicles. Engineering the seats in your particular car is something that you yourself may choose to undertake.

What we are selling, are ADR approved seats. Wether or not our customers fit them correctly or not is another issue all together.

We recommend all customers have their seats fitted by a competant workshop and have an engineer sign off on the installation to ensure compliance.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Inside and outside ESCON Field in Sapporo in Hokkaido
    • Gday gents, been having a issue for a little while now and have come for some advice. car is a r34 gt-four (awd na sedan), when taking tight corners such as car parks and roundabouts feels as if the diff is locked on both ends, have literally snapped 3 shafts and issues doing my head in. Car has 60k klm so mechanical failure in the diff is unlikely but possible, been to 2 very reputable shops near where I live and both have had no luck. What would be my process of trying to find the cause? not too interested in pulling apart transfer cases just to find nothing, have these cars come out with electronic BS that might cause this? not too mechanically inclined so any information will probably be passed on an expert thanks in advance 
    • I realise that perhaps no one will in Japan will see this, but why not try anyway. What are you driving in Japan? I have a (sniff (;_;) ) 2018 Toyota Corolla Sports 1.2L Turbo 6MT. It has a class trailing 116PS and 190Nm power/torque... 😐 Why? Because back in 2018 there was only 1(?) manual transmission car available from Toyota which was the 86 (not including the Mark X GRMN 2015/2019), so when they released this one I had to support them by getting one in the hope that they would continue to release more manual models. As it turns out they released the Supra, Yaris, and GR Corolla all with manual transmissons after that. Mods are RSR Ti2000 Down springs, HKS panel filter, 18x8.5" Weds Sports SA-20R Face F with 215/40R18 Toyota Proxes Sport tyres. Eventually a full exhaust, boost controller sub-con, Blitz turbocharger and aero parts will be added before it gets replaced... 
    • It looks proper factory fitted. It's exactly how I would do it. Well done 👍