SAU Community

Fine, Cannary And Epa :(

mook1

Just got an on the spot fine, a cannary and EPA booking... Great. I knew i should of stayed out of Knox. N e way i have only have 7 days to get a roadworth cert. can n e one help.. what would be really good if someone knew someone that did special roadworths.?

Other wise im going to need to aquire the following parts for my r33 gts-t...

If anyone has them for sale or hire.. eh.

Stock steering wheel

springs to get my car above legal height.

2 x front headlights( just the glass if it that is possible ) i have eyelids and they are not comming off in a hurry.

2 x stock rims with legal rubber. or 2x 255 x 17 tyres with leagal tread...

Im just a poor uni student and this roadworth is bad enough. The EPA is gonna be so much more effort/cash. Does anyone know how to get out of an EPA.?

I was thinking unregistering the car and getting it regestered in another name. would that work? <_<

Edited by mook1

if you have an EPA you cant sell it without their permission...meaning you cant register the car in someone elses name. It all depends what the EPA was for. If its just noise then its not too hard to fix. If its things like big single, air pod, fmic, etc then you are in trouble.

I assume they picked on the eyelids 'cause according to ADR's the headlights have to produce a particular area of light and the eyelids would affect this.

As for the EPA the only way to get out of it is to clear it.....as wldcrd said it clearly states in the paperwork that the car cannot be sold.

hahah lmao, same thing happened to me at Knox aswell!!

got pulled over on Burwoord Highway by cops, they took my licence and took me to follow them around with my car to the rear carpark where they had a defect station and EPA setup with decibel testers

got defected and also done by EPA for zorst being too loud, luckily i didnt get a fine cause i was being as polite as possible and playing dumb with them, only had to pay for RWC

out of about 20 cops being there about 15 of them came up to my car and started checking 4 defects: bold tyres ride height etc

• Like 1

if you have an EPA you cant sell it without their permission...meaning you cant register the car in someone elses name. It all depends what the EPA was for. If its just noise then its not too hard to fix. If its things like big single, air pod, fmic, etc then you are in trouble.

yeah i think it was the power fc that got me the epa. one cop was explaining to the other one what the power fc was, he was so excited to see it, it was like he found gold... heheh.. he took photos and everything.

ohh well.. if n e one can help.. it would b great.

yeah i think it was the power fc that got me the epa. one cop was explaining to the other one what the power fc was, he was so excited to see it, it was like he found gold... heheh.. he took photos and everything.

ohh well.. if n e one can help.. it would b great.

where are your kick panels?

Im just a poor uni student and this roadworth is bad enough. The EPA is gonna be so much more effort/cash. Does anyone know how to get out of an EPA.?

If your a poor uni student you shouldnt have purchased a car, and illegally modified if you cant afford to take it back to standard. Many people have got em. No point crying poor

Only way out of an EPA, make your car legal.

I was thinking unregistering the car and getting it regestered in another name. would that work?

That loophole was closed years ago You cant de-reg and re-reg a car that has an EPA notice or a RWC on it.

Its illegal

he took photos and everything.

Sounds like your gonna get a FULL EPA now. Good luck :) They gonna go over your car with a fine tooth comb. If you get busted again the fine goes up. Busted once more and then bye bye car :)

If they dont take any pics then your fine... but pics = bend over a bit more for fun

he asked me and i told him. I diddn't wanna lie to him in case he look through the car. it wouldn't be hard for him to spot the hand controller it was just under a jumper. plus it was that pette super harsh cop... this guy know's it all and hunts imports down. after he was done with me he waited for like 20min in the servo where he got me for this soarer to leave but i think he worked there.. hehe

It is legal for them to do so.

the EPA will also if you go for a full inspection.

If they have reason to belive then they can search. Been a law for a while.

Same for drugs etc

I think its if they suspect a radar detecter or drugs. Or was that a US law?

Only what i vaguely recall reading, prolly on here, so take with a grain of salt =)

And while we're kicking people when they are down, what was he thinking cruising knox, or was he cruising to Deakin.

quite childish for the cop to get all happy and excited about the pfc and then thinking he knows it all by explaining to the others what it does.

the cop's pettet, this guy creams his pants when he sees stuff like this. check out nissansilvia.com and type in poptart in search and you'll see what i mean. they had to make it say poptart for any variation of the word pettet as there were about three posts a week of people's stories about being defected and how they want to kill him.

the guy regularly visits some of the nissan silvia members to check on their cars, is known to wait outside houses to make sure people don't drive vehicles which haven't been cleared of defects, and likes to make sure that people don't put their mods back on. one member got defected for having his car too low. but that wasn't enough, pettet had to give him a major defect. guess what the other two items were. not enough water in the washer bottle and handbrake not making enough clicks going up.

i dont even understand these rules against modifications... why does the government care about this stuff... its not hurting n e one.. they need to re prioritise...

the government cares about revenue raising. fines = revenue, you can thank steve bracks for that.

i don't understand how the cops can ask you to remove your kick panels. can't you just say you don't know how to, and refuse to attempt it in case you may break something. just say that the police are welcome to come down to the mechanics the next day and pay for the kickpanels to be taken off.

Isent this dj lethals old car???

If you drive ur modified skyline near knox you desirve to get caught as everyone knows peticock is always around there.

There are always tossers in their fully sick silvia's with their bov's doing laps of knox's everytime i go there.